|By Business Wire||
|June 6, 2014 01:39 PM EDT||
ZUORA, the subscription billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014, the only conference uniquely designed to help leaders in finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales embrace subscription models to reinvent and modernize their businesses.
RECORD ATTENDANCE of nearly 1300 Subscribed attendees and an additional 540 live stream viewers. This is nearly double the attendance of the Subscribed 2013 conference held only 9 months ago.
NEARLY 100 NOTABLE SPEAKERS from high growth companies and large global enterprises, including:
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Mike Kail, CIO, Netflix
- Neil Williams, CFO, Intuit
- JB Wood, CEO, Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) and author of B4B
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT and author of The Second Machine Age
- Alan Parsons, Producer, Engineer & Artist, The Alan Parsons Project
- Cathy MacDonald, CIO, Xplornet
- Peter Coffee, VP, Stratgic Research, Salesforce
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Hans Wald, CIO, Thomas Publishing
- Jim Franklin, CEO, Sendgrid
- Lenin Cruz, CIO, Connect America
- Clodagh Murphy, Managing Director, Eclipse
- Jeremy Crawford, COO, MLS Listings
EXEMPLARY ECOSYSTEM of 30 partner sponsors, including PwC, Accenture, Deloitte, and Salesforce
REPRESENTATION FROM DIVERSE INDUSTRIES: attendees and speakers represented a diverse cross section of industries: media, telecom, healthcare, internet-of-things proving that the Subscription Economy is a phenomenon that cuts across every industry.
THE LAUNCH OF Z-BUSINESS NINE, the latest edition of Zuora’s Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution designed specifically for global, multi-divisional enterprises that are reinventing their business models around recurring revenue. Z-Business Nine delivers massive scalability, the highest levels of security and compliance, flexible data access controls, and connectors and reference architectures that give enterprises the tools to allow NINE to co-exist with legacy ERP systems.
5O NEW FEATURES UNVEILED, across all editions of Z-Business, the highlights of which include:
FEATURE ENTITLEMENTS to help businesses easily personalize offerings for customers and streamline downstream provisioning processes.
GUIDED SELLING designed for businesses that have large, complex catalogs and therefore need to guide sales and service professionals to the right products and right add-ons in an intuitive, amazon-like browsing experience.
NEW CONFIGURATION OPTIONS for e-commerce hosted pages that make for an easy, intuitive checkout experience and reduce checkout abandonment.
CONDITIONAL LOGIC ON INVOICES that will allow enterprises to dynamically tailor the branding and content that is inserted on invoices based on information about the customer
OUT-OF-BOX INTEGRATION WITH AVALARA for customers that do business in a large number of taxable regions with complex tax calculation and remittance needs
DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF PAYMENT GATEWAYS AND PAYMENT PARTNERS to allow global businesses to accept payments in over 100 countries
FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSION for businesses that transact in multiple currencies and need to roll up their transactions to a single home currency
AUTOMATED JOURNAL ENTRIES to help subscription businesses summarize their recurring transactions into debits and credits, that can be fed into any accounting system application.
ABILITY TO VIEW UNBILLED DEFERRED REVENUE a key indicator of the financial health of any subscription business.
A HOST OF NEW SECURITY FEATURES, including two-factor authentication, Single Sign-On (SSO), IP address restrictions to reduce the threat of security breaches at point of authentication, and SMTP email configuration to reduce the threat of email phishing.
A CAPACITY BOOSTER, allowing enterprise CIOs to deliver the scalability that can process 375 synchronous orders per second and deliver millisecond response times across the globe.
DATA ACCESS CONTROLS that allows CIOs to determine how data is shared or isolated between different business units.
SUBSCRIBED ‘14 TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Brent Leary, @BrentLeary: “@tientzuo: Zuora customers generated 600M customer moments, 20M payments in last 12 months; 5.5B pieces of customer data. #Subscribed14”
- Trendsmap SF, @TrendsSF: “#Subscribed14 is now trending in #SF trendsmap.com/us/san+francisco”
- Jessica Szeto, @jlszeto: “Z-connect puts power into the hands of the CIO enabling further #oracle #SAP and #Salesforce integration! #Subscribed14 @Zuora”
- Nick Mehta, @nmehta: “So amazing to see how far @tientzuo and the @ Zuora team have taken this company and industry. #Subscribed14”
- Adobe, @Adobe: “Our SVP @DWadhwani shares a story of our all-in transition to subscriptions at #Subscribed14”
- Cortney Gogarty, @cgogarty: “@Zuora - how does the @HasOffers Finance Team get their hands on this dashboard feature early on?? ;) ;) ;) #Subscribed14”
- Michael Geller, @mgeller142: “At #Subscribed14 - product team launching some very cool features. Congratulations @Zuora! Great to see the subscription economy growing.”
- Christopher Hennes, @cchennes: “@Zuora: @cchennes...favorite feature feedback...Many will be useful; Conditional Invoices will give us a LOT of mileage!”
- Peter Coffee, @petercoffee: “New bus. models “must embrace 3 constituencies: geeks, machines, & outsiders” @amcafee #Subscribed14”
- Derek Slayton, @TheDerekSlayton: “Extremely impressed with the Zuora conference today. Great speakers & excellent content, these guys get it.”
- Cole P, @colepcannon: “@Tylersloat says being a CFO is cool right now! CFO role is changing, especially in the #subscriptioneconomy #Subscribed14 #TheNewCFO”
- Martin Doettling, @mdoettling: “Alan Parsons talks about buying pantyhose to suppress mic wind noise in Beatles’ famous rooftop show. #Subscribed14”
- Tyler Sloat, @tylersloat: “#Subscribed14… The only issue is that every session is standing room only. Next year, Moscone here we come”
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Subscribed
2014 CEO Keynote
- Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Where
Tech is Headed
- Mike Pearl, Technology & Cloud Computing Consulting Leader, PWC
- JB Wood, CEO, TSIA
DAY 2 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: The
Second Machine Age + Zuora’s Product Keynote
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT
- Guillaume Vives, SVP Product, Zuora
- FORBES: Zuora: What Comes After ERP & CRM
- FORTUNE: It’s a Susbcription Economy, and You’re Just Living in It
- CIO MAGAZINE: Tech Industry Subscribes to New Revenue Model, June 5th
- STRICTLY VC: The Pain and Pleasure of Cloud Based Subscription Billing
- BEAGLE RESEARCH: Zuora Swings for the Fences, June 3rd
- PRESS RELEASE: Zuora Announces Z-Business Nine, Worlds First Relationship Business Management Platform for Global Enterprises, June 3rd
- DASHEROO BLOG: Zuora Subscribed 2014 Event -- Takeaways
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14, The Verdict is in!, June 3rd
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14: Andy McAfee, The Coming Robot Apocalypse, June 4th
- Z-BLOG: Introducing Entitlements & Guided Selling in Zuora, June 4th
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 226
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 173
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,661
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,351
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,004
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 584
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 714
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,370
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 253
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,183
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 217
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction an...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 486
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,062