|By Business Wire||
|June 6, 2014 01:39 PM EDT||
ZUORA, the subscription billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014, the only conference uniquely designed to help leaders in finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales embrace subscription models to reinvent and modernize their businesses.
RECORD ATTENDANCE of nearly 1300 Subscribed attendees and an additional 540 live stream viewers. This is nearly double the attendance of the Subscribed 2013 conference held only 9 months ago.
NEARLY 100 NOTABLE SPEAKERS from high growth companies and large global enterprises, including:
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Mike Kail, CIO, Netflix
- Neil Williams, CFO, Intuit
- JB Wood, CEO, Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) and author of B4B
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT and author of The Second Machine Age
- Alan Parsons, Producer, Engineer & Artist, The Alan Parsons Project
- Cathy MacDonald, CIO, Xplornet
- Peter Coffee, VP, Stratgic Research, Salesforce
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Hans Wald, CIO, Thomas Publishing
- Jim Franklin, CEO, Sendgrid
- Lenin Cruz, CIO, Connect America
- Clodagh Murphy, Managing Director, Eclipse
- Jeremy Crawford, COO, MLS Listings
EXEMPLARY ECOSYSTEM of 30 partner sponsors, including PwC, Accenture, Deloitte, and Salesforce
REPRESENTATION FROM DIVERSE INDUSTRIES: attendees and speakers represented a diverse cross section of industries: media, telecom, healthcare, internet-of-things proving that the Subscription Economy is a phenomenon that cuts across every industry.
THE LAUNCH OF Z-BUSINESS NINE, the latest edition of Zuora’s Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution designed specifically for global, multi-divisional enterprises that are reinventing their business models around recurring revenue. Z-Business Nine delivers massive scalability, the highest levels of security and compliance, flexible data access controls, and connectors and reference architectures that give enterprises the tools to allow NINE to co-exist with legacy ERP systems.
5O NEW FEATURES UNVEILED, across all editions of Z-Business, the highlights of which include:
FEATURE ENTITLEMENTS to help businesses easily personalize offerings for customers and streamline downstream provisioning processes.
GUIDED SELLING designed for businesses that have large, complex catalogs and therefore need to guide sales and service professionals to the right products and right add-ons in an intuitive, amazon-like browsing experience.
NEW CONFIGURATION OPTIONS for e-commerce hosted pages that make for an easy, intuitive checkout experience and reduce checkout abandonment.
CONDITIONAL LOGIC ON INVOICES that will allow enterprises to dynamically tailor the branding and content that is inserted on invoices based on information about the customer
OUT-OF-BOX INTEGRATION WITH AVALARA for customers that do business in a large number of taxable regions with complex tax calculation and remittance needs
DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF PAYMENT GATEWAYS AND PAYMENT PARTNERS to allow global businesses to accept payments in over 100 countries
FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSION for businesses that transact in multiple currencies and need to roll up their transactions to a single home currency
AUTOMATED JOURNAL ENTRIES to help subscription businesses summarize their recurring transactions into debits and credits, that can be fed into any accounting system application.
ABILITY TO VIEW UNBILLED DEFERRED REVENUE a key indicator of the financial health of any subscription business.
A HOST OF NEW SECURITY FEATURES, including two-factor authentication, Single Sign-On (SSO), IP address restrictions to reduce the threat of security breaches at point of authentication, and SMTP email configuration to reduce the threat of email phishing.
A CAPACITY BOOSTER, allowing enterprise CIOs to deliver the scalability that can process 375 synchronous orders per second and deliver millisecond response times across the globe.
DATA ACCESS CONTROLS that allows CIOs to determine how data is shared or isolated between different business units.
SUBSCRIBED ‘14 TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Brent Leary, @BrentLeary: [email protected]: Zuora customers generated 600M customer moments, 20M payments in last 12 months; 5.5B pieces of customer data. #Subscribed14”
- Trendsmap SF, @TrendsSF: “#Subscribed14 is now trending in #SF trendsmap.com/us/san+francisco”
- Jessica Szeto, @jlszeto: “Z-connect puts power into the hands of the CIO enabling further #oracle #SAP and #Salesforce integration! #Subscribed14 @Zuora”
- Nick Mehta, @nmehta: “So amazing to see how far @tientzuo and the @ Zuora team have taken this company and industry. #Subscribed14”
- Adobe, @Adobe: “Our SVP @DWadhwani shares a story of our all-in transition to subscriptions at #Subscribed14”
- Cortney Gogarty, @cgogarty: [email protected] - how does the @HasOffers Finance Team get their hands on this dashboard feature early on?? ;) ;) ;) #Subscribed14”
- Michael Geller, @mgeller142: “At #Subscribed14 - product team launching some very cool features. Congratulations @Zuora! Great to see the subscription economy growing.”
- Christopher Hennes, @cchennes: [email protected]: @cchennes...favorite feature feedback...Many will be useful; Conditional Invoices will give us a LOT of mileage!”
- Peter Coffee, @petercoffee: “New bus. models “must embrace 3 constituencies: geeks, machines, & outsiders” @amcafee #Subscribed14”
- Derek Slayton, @TheDerekSlayton: “Extremely impressed with the Zuora conference today. Great speakers & excellent content, these guys get it.”
- Cole P, @colepcannon: [email protected] says being a CFO is cool right now! CFO role is changing, especially in the #subscriptioneconomy #Subscribed14 #TheNewCFO”
- Martin Doettling, @mdoettling: “Alan Parsons talks about buying pantyhose to suppress mic wind noise in Beatles’ famous rooftop show. #Subscribed14”
- Tyler Sloat, @tylersloat: “#Subscribed14… The only issue is that every session is standing room only. Next year, Moscone here we come”
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Subscribed
2014 CEO Keynote
- Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Where
Tech is Headed
- Mike Pearl, Technology & Cloud Computing Consulting Leader, PWC
- JB Wood, CEO, TSIA
DAY 2 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: The
Second Machine Age + Zuora’s Product Keynote
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT
- Guillaume Vives, SVP Product, Zuora
- FORBES: Zuora: What Comes After ERP & CRM
- FORTUNE: It’s a Susbcription Economy, and You’re Just Living in It
- CIO MAGAZINE: Tech Industry Subscribes to New Revenue Model, June 5th
- STRICTLY VC: The Pain and Pleasure of Cloud Based Subscription Billing
- BEAGLE RESEARCH: Zuora Swings for the Fences, June 3rd
- PRESS RELEASE: Zuora Announces Z-Business Nine, Worlds First Relationship Business Management Platform for Global Enterprises, June 3rd
- DASHEROO BLOG: Zuora Subscribed 2014 Event -- Takeaways
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14, The Verdict is in!, June 3rd
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14: Andy McAfee, The Coming Robot Apocalypse, June 4th
- Z-BLOG: Introducing Entitlements & Guided Selling in Zuora, June 4th
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 925
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,924
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,801
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,406
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 862
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 981
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,144
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 21, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,125
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,209
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,892
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 627
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU’s GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,194
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,979
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 347