|By Business Wire||
|June 6, 2014 01:39 PM EDT||
ZUORA, the subscription billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014, the only conference uniquely designed to help leaders in finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales embrace subscription models to reinvent and modernize their businesses.
RECORD ATTENDANCE of nearly 1300 Subscribed attendees and an additional 540 live stream viewers. This is nearly double the attendance of the Subscribed 2013 conference held only 9 months ago.
NEARLY 100 NOTABLE SPEAKERS from high growth companies and large global enterprises, including:
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Mike Kail, CIO, Netflix
- Neil Williams, CFO, Intuit
- JB Wood, CEO, Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) and author of B4B
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT and author of The Second Machine Age
- Alan Parsons, Producer, Engineer & Artist, The Alan Parsons Project
- Cathy MacDonald, CIO, Xplornet
- Peter Coffee, VP, Stratgic Research, Salesforce
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Hans Wald, CIO, Thomas Publishing
- Jim Franklin, CEO, Sendgrid
- Lenin Cruz, CIO, Connect America
- Clodagh Murphy, Managing Director, Eclipse
- Jeremy Crawford, COO, MLS Listings
EXEMPLARY ECOSYSTEM of 30 partner sponsors, including PwC, Accenture, Deloitte, and Salesforce
REPRESENTATION FROM DIVERSE INDUSTRIES: attendees and speakers represented a diverse cross section of industries: media, telecom, healthcare, internet-of-things proving that the Subscription Economy is a phenomenon that cuts across every industry.
THE LAUNCH OF Z-BUSINESS NINE, the latest edition of Zuora’s Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution designed specifically for global, multi-divisional enterprises that are reinventing their business models around recurring revenue. Z-Business Nine delivers massive scalability, the highest levels of security and compliance, flexible data access controls, and connectors and reference architectures that give enterprises the tools to allow NINE to co-exist with legacy ERP systems.
5O NEW FEATURES UNVEILED, across all editions of Z-Business, the highlights of which include:
FEATURE ENTITLEMENTS to help businesses easily personalize offerings for customers and streamline downstream provisioning processes.
GUIDED SELLING designed for businesses that have large, complex catalogs and therefore need to guide sales and service professionals to the right products and right add-ons in an intuitive, amazon-like browsing experience.
NEW CONFIGURATION OPTIONS for e-commerce hosted pages that make for an easy, intuitive checkout experience and reduce checkout abandonment.
CONDITIONAL LOGIC ON INVOICES that will allow enterprises to dynamically tailor the branding and content that is inserted on invoices based on information about the customer
OUT-OF-BOX INTEGRATION WITH AVALARA for customers that do business in a large number of taxable regions with complex tax calculation and remittance needs
DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF PAYMENT GATEWAYS AND PAYMENT PARTNERS to allow global businesses to accept payments in over 100 countries
FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSION for businesses that transact in multiple currencies and need to roll up their transactions to a single home currency
AUTOMATED JOURNAL ENTRIES to help subscription businesses summarize their recurring transactions into debits and credits, that can be fed into any accounting system application.
ABILITY TO VIEW UNBILLED DEFERRED REVENUE a key indicator of the financial health of any subscription business.
A HOST OF NEW SECURITY FEATURES, including two-factor authentication, Single Sign-On (SSO), IP address restrictions to reduce the threat of security breaches at point of authentication, and SMTP email configuration to reduce the threat of email phishing.
A CAPACITY BOOSTER, allowing enterprise CIOs to deliver the scalability that can process 375 synchronous orders per second and deliver millisecond response times across the globe.
DATA ACCESS CONTROLS that allows CIOs to determine how data is shared or isolated between different business units.
SUBSCRIBED ‘14 TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Brent Leary, @BrentLeary: [email protected]: Zuora customers generated 600M customer moments, 20M payments in last 12 months; 5.5B pieces of customer data. #Subscribed14”
- Trendsmap SF, @TrendsSF: “#Subscribed14 is now trending in #SF trendsmap.com/us/san+francisco”
- Jessica Szeto, @jlszeto: “Z-connect puts power into the hands of the CIO enabling further #oracle #SAP and #Salesforce integration! #Subscribed14 @Zuora”
- Nick Mehta, @nmehta: “So amazing to see how far @tientzuo and the @ Zuora team have taken this company and industry. #Subscribed14”
- Adobe, @Adobe: “Our SVP @DWadhwani shares a story of our all-in transition to subscriptions at #Subscribed14”
- Cortney Gogarty, @cgogarty: [email protected] - how does the @HasOffers Finance Team get their hands on this dashboard feature early on?? ;) ;) ;) #Subscribed14”
- Michael Geller, @mgeller142: “At #Subscribed14 - product team launching some very cool features. Congratulations @Zuora! Great to see the subscription economy growing.”
- Christopher Hennes, @cchennes: [email protected]: @cchennes...favorite feature feedback...Many will be useful; Conditional Invoices will give us a LOT of mileage!”
- Peter Coffee, @petercoffee: “New bus. models “must embrace 3 constituencies: geeks, machines, & outsiders” @amcafee #Subscribed14”
- Derek Slayton, @TheDerekSlayton: “Extremely impressed with the Zuora conference today. Great speakers & excellent content, these guys get it.”
- Cole P, @colepcannon: [email protected] says being a CFO is cool right now! CFO role is changing, especially in the #subscriptioneconomy #Subscribed14 #TheNewCFO”
- Martin Doettling, @mdoettling: “Alan Parsons talks about buying pantyhose to suppress mic wind noise in Beatles’ famous rooftop show. #Subscribed14”
- Tyler Sloat, @tylersloat: “#Subscribed14… The only issue is that every session is standing room only. Next year, Moscone here we come”
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Subscribed
2014 CEO Keynote
- Tien Tzuo, CEO, Zuora
- David Wadhwani, SVP & GM, Adobe
- Ben Shields, Partner, Deloitte
- Mark Fields, CTO, Thermo Fisher
- Thomas Salmen, CIO, Telecom New Zealand
DAY 1 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: Where
Tech is Headed
- Mike Pearl, Technology & Cloud Computing Consulting Leader, PWC
- JB Wood, CEO, TSIA
DAY 2 LIVE STREAM REPLAY: The
Second Machine Age + Zuora’s Product Keynote
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT
- Guillaume Vives, SVP Product, Zuora
- FORBES: Zuora: What Comes After ERP & CRM
- FORTUNE: It’s a Susbcription Economy, and You’re Just Living in It
- CIO MAGAZINE: Tech Industry Subscribes to New Revenue Model, June 5th
- STRICTLY VC: The Pain and Pleasure of Cloud Based Subscription Billing
- BEAGLE RESEARCH: Zuora Swings for the Fences, June 3rd
- PRESS RELEASE: Zuora Announces Z-Business Nine, Worlds First Relationship Business Management Platform for Global Enterprises, June 3rd
- DASHEROO BLOG: Zuora Subscribed 2014 Event -- Takeaways
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14, The Verdict is in!, June 3rd
- Z-BLOG: Subscribed ‘14: Andy McAfee, The Coming Robot Apocalypse, June 4th
- Z-BLOG: Introducing Entitlements & Guided Selling in Zuora, June 4th
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,183
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,687
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,369
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,916
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 634
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 25, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 423
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,213
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,546
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,891
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,596
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 589
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,387
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 551
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,829