|By Marketwired .||
|June 6, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/06/14 -- Euclid, the leader of in-store retail analytics, today releases its monthly retail benchmarks report to analyze shopper activity and behavior during the month of May. This month's report measured data from tens of millions of domestic shopping sessions to reveal that shoppers made fewer trips to the store than expected, but were very engaged and showed a lot of intent to buy.
Euclid asserts that its metrics illustrate a positive outlook for industry revenues, and estimates sales growth in the following retail verticals of:
- 5% growth year-over-year in general merchandise, apparel, furniture and other (GAFO) retail sales
- 7% growth year-over-year in clothing and apparel sales
- 2% growth year-over-year in general merchandise sales
Here are some of Euclid's top findings in this month's report around shopper behavior metrics:
- Shopper traffic declined eleven percent compared to the same month last year, as travel plans appeared to cannibalize leisure time, with millions of Americans traveling greater than 50 miles from home over the Memorial Day Weekend
- Storefront conversion was up slightly as this May remained more promotional than last year, especially leading up to Mother's Day
- Average duration increased six percent from last year due to a rebounding interest in more exploratory shopping, following the muted winter months. The increase in visit duration was the most significant driver of positive sales performance in May
- Repeat visits decreased one percent year-over-year but bounced back from a low in April. This rebound is another positive sign for sales
The best day of the month was Thursday the 29th, with outperformance across all metrics. The worst day of the month was Sunday the 4th, which saw significant underperformance in traffic. In addition, fewer than expected repeat shoppers were seen on this day.
To view the complete findings, download the full report on shopper activity for the month of May here: http://info.euclidanalytics.com/WC14-05USRB_Reg_RLP.html
Euclid provides answers and insights to brick and mortar retailers in the same way that web analytics services do for e-commerce. Euclid helps retailers quantify the offline impact of marketing, optimize store performance, and understand customer behavior. Euclid's network has grown to capture billions of measurements per day, analyzing hundreds of millions of shopping sessions per year across thousands of locations. Only anonymous, non-personal data is ever collected and only aggregated trend data is used for analysis. Visit http://euclidanalytics.com/ for more information.
May. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,972
May. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,140
May. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,163
May. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 488
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
May. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,216
May. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,353
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,102
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,330
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,315
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,391
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,297