|By Marketwired .||
|June 6, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/06/14 -- Euclid, the leader of in-store retail analytics, today releases its monthly retail benchmarks report to analyze shopper activity and behavior during the month of May. This month's report measured data from tens of millions of domestic shopping sessions to reveal that shoppers made fewer trips to the store than expected, but were very engaged and showed a lot of intent to buy.
Euclid asserts that its metrics illustrate a positive outlook for industry revenues, and estimates sales growth in the following retail verticals of:
- 5% growth year-over-year in general merchandise, apparel, furniture and other (GAFO) retail sales
- 7% growth year-over-year in clothing and apparel sales
- 2% growth year-over-year in general merchandise sales
Here are some of Euclid's top findings in this month's report around shopper behavior metrics:
- Shopper traffic declined eleven percent compared to the same month last year, as travel plans appeared to cannibalize leisure time, with millions of Americans traveling greater than 50 miles from home over the Memorial Day Weekend
- Storefront conversion was up slightly as this May remained more promotional than last year, especially leading up to Mother's Day
- Average duration increased six percent from last year due to a rebounding interest in more exploratory shopping, following the muted winter months. The increase in visit duration was the most significant driver of positive sales performance in May
- Repeat visits decreased one percent year-over-year but bounced back from a low in April. This rebound is another positive sign for sales
The best day of the month was Thursday the 29th, with outperformance across all metrics. The worst day of the month was Sunday the 4th, which saw significant underperformance in traffic. In addition, fewer than expected repeat shoppers were seen on this day.
To view the complete findings, download the full report on shopper activity for the month of May here: http://info.euclidanalytics.com/WC14-05USRB_Reg_RLP.html
Euclid provides answers and insights to brick and mortar retailers in the same way that web analytics services do for e-commerce. Euclid helps retailers quantify the offline impact of marketing, optimize store performance, and understand customer behavior. Euclid's network has grown to capture billions of measurements per day, analyzing hundreds of millions of shopping sessions per year across thousands of locations. Only anonymous, non-personal data is ever collected and only aggregated trend data is used for analysis. Visit http://euclidanalytics.com/ for more information.
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,470
Jan. 20, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,932
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 842
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,018
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,046
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,327
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,639
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,572
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,265
Jan. 20, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,144
Jan. 20, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,353
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,845
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,876
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,114
Jan. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 6,340