|By Business Wire||
|June 6, 2014 02:16 PM EDT||
Badger Meter, Inc. (NYSE: BMI) a leading global innovator and manufacturer of flow measurement and control solutions, today reported positive marketplace acceptance for its innovative new BEACON Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) solution. With the January 2014 launch of BEACON AMA, Badger Meter became the first major water meter company to release a cost-effective cellular-based metering solution for system-wide deployment.
Since the introduction of BEACON AMA into the marketplace just over four months ago, the company reported nearly 50 BEACON AMA Starter Kits have been sold, and over 130 BEACON AMA systems have been quoted. This update comes in advance of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE14), which takes place in Boston, Mass., June 8-12. Badger Meter is a platinum sponsor and exhibitor at ACE 14, the world’s premier event for water professionals.
“As utilities across the country adapt to changing technology, this simple and innovative approach has been met with great acceptance from our sales force, distributors and customers,” said Richard A. Meeusen, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Badger Meter. “Initial BEACON AMA performance in the field is excellent, with test customers experiencing ease of installation and rapid deployment schedules through our cellular endpoint technology, easier access to information using the powerful web-based software analytics platform, and greater insight into end-water user consumption.”
The BEACON AMA Starter Kit allows utilities to test their managed solution with 10 ORION® Cellular endpoints and access to the complete BEACON AMA system, including its hosted software suite. Utilizing cloud-based software and the power of ORION Cellular endpoints, utilities can experience the benefits of BEACON AMA without the need to install servers or gateways.
“Our starter kits are proving to be an effective way for utilities to test BEACON AMA prior to deploying a complete system. Because of BEACON AMA’s cellular endpoint technology, we are able to implement fast and easy trials, giving utilities access to powerful decision-making information, without the costs and infrastructure requirements associated with traditional fixed network systems,” said Meeusen.
Meeusen also added that consumer engagement tools, including the EyeOnWater consumer portal and smartphone/tablet app, which provide end-water customers with the opportunity to view and manage their water usage activity, are another positive benefit for conservation-minded utilities.
Badger Meter will exhibit BEACON AMA, along with its complete line of flow measurement and control products and technologies, at ACE14. The company will exhibit at Booth 1911.
The company also announced it received a BizTimes I.Q. Award for Innovation from Milwaukee BizTimes Media LLC for BEACON AMA. The I.Q. Awards salute southeastern Wisconsin businesses for their innovative products, services or processes.
About BEACON AMA
BEACON AMA combines the BEACON AMA hosted software suite with proven ORION Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technology using a combination of fixed and cellular endpoints to give utilities greater control, more information and enhanced customer service. Configured by Badger Meter for each utility, the managed solution approach includes built-in infrastructure management services and endpoint upgrades, eliminating maintenance and technology concerns and allowing utilities to focus their people and resources on core competencies. To learn more about BEACON AMA and the BEACON AMA Starter Kit, visit: http://www.badgermeter.com/BEACONAMA.
About Badger Meter
An innovator in flow measurement and control products, Badger Meter serves water utilities, municipalities and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. Measuring water, oil, chemicals, and other fluids, Badger Meter products are known for accuracy, long-lasting durability and for providing valuable and timely measurement data. For more information, visit www.badgermeter.com.
Certain statements contained in this News Release, as well as other information provided from time to time by Badger Meter, Inc. (the “Company”) or its employees, may contain forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward looking statements. The words “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “think,” “should,” “could” and “objective” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward looking statements. All such forward looking statements are based on the Company’s then current views and assumptions and involve risks and uncertainties. Some risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward looking statements include those described in Item 1A of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 that include, among other things:
- the continued shift in the Company’s business from lower cost, manually read meters toward more expensive, value-added automatic meter reading (AMR) systems, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) systems and advanced metering analytics (AMA) systems that offer more comprehensive solutions to customers’ metering needs;
- the success or failure of newer Company products;
- changes in competitive pricing and bids in both the domestic and foreign marketplaces, and particularly in continued intense price competition on government bid contracts for lower cost, manually read meters;
- the actions (or lack thereof) of the Company’s competitors;
- changes in the Company’s relationships with its alliance partners, primarily its alliance partners that provide radio solutions, and particularly those that sell products that do or may compete with the Company’s products;
- changes in the general health of the United States and foreign economies, including to some extent such things as the length and severity of global economic downturns, the ability of municipal water utility customers to authorize and finance purchases of the Company’s products, the Company’s ability to obtain financing, housing starts in the United States, and overall industrial activity; unusual weather and other natural phenomena, including related economic and other ancillary effects of any such events;
- the timing and impact of government programs to stimulate national and global economies;
- changes in the cost and/or availability of needed raw materials and parts, such as volatility in the cost of brass castings as a result of fluctuations in commodity prices, particularly for copper and scrap metal at the supplier level, foreign-sourced electronic components as a result of currency exchange fluctuations and/or lead times, and plastic resin as a result of changes in petroleum and natural gas prices;
- the Company’s expanded role as a prime contractor for providing complete connectivity systems to governmental entities, which brings with it added risks, including but not limited to, the Company’s responsibility for subcontractor performance, additional costs and expenses if the Company and its subcontractors fail to meet the timetable agreed to with the governmental entity, and the Company’s expanded warranty and performance obligations;
- the Company’s ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses or products;
- changes in foreign economic conditions, particularly currency fluctuations in the United States dollar, the Euro and the Mexican peso;
- the loss of certain single-source suppliers; and
- changes in laws and regulations, particularly laws dealing with the use of lead (which can be used in the manufacture of certain meters incorporating brass housings) and the United States Federal Communications Commission rules affecting the use and/or licensing of radio frequencies necessary for radio products.
All of these factors are beyond the Company’s control to varying degrees. Shareholders, potential investors and other readers are urged to consider these factors carefully in evaluating the forward looking statements contained in this News Release and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward looking statements. The forward looking statements made in this document are made only as of the date of this document and the Company assumes no obligation, and disclaims any obligation, to update any such forward looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Badger Meter company news is available
24 hours a day, on-line at: http://www.badgermeter.com.
Dec. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,889
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,159
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,023
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 536
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,530
Dec. 4, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,504
Dec. 4, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,638
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 598
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,151
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,249
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,518
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,993
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 924
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,901
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 582