|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 11:12 AM EDT||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Presenting their business goals to a packed room full of top influencers in the entrepreneurial community on June 5 at The Duce in downtown Phoenix, EdTech, Healthcare and Digital IT entrepreneurs from across the country were introduced as the final few that have been selected to participate in Tallwave's High Tide 3 venture program.
"We congratulate the High Tide 3 participants for passing our intensive selection filter and look forward to helping them become fast-growing, sustainable companies," said Robert Wallace, executive vice president, Tallwave Venture Services. "Our goal is to make them 'fund ready', giving them an advantage over others in the earliest stage of venture development."
Tallwave helps startups and innovators build their products and take them to market. The High Tide program includes instruction and mentoring from seasoned entrepreneurs and other top advisors in the industry on business strategies, raising capital, connecting with investors and user experience design. At the program's culmination, two of the companies will receive $45,000 cash in seed funding from Tallwave Capital in the form of a convertible promissory note.
The 10 new ventures in High Tide 3 are:
- Brilliant Teachers: A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform to deliver the best courses from the best teachers across America to students everywhere.
- Fastlane: A virtual point of sale system for merchants that grants control in the way items are purchased and paid for, while increasing credit card security for customers using the Fastlane.io app.
- Gonzar: A leading mobile messaging app company that provides engaging, stylish, and branded messaging experiences to teens and college aged mobile app users.
- Learnteria: A first-of-its kind tool that allows you to research, rate and review the educational resources you use every day.
- MyDiem: An online communication portal and smartphone app that efficiently connects schools and organizations to parents.
- Norin.TV: In effect, creating the Netflix for learning English, a website where users learn English by watching popular American TV shows like Breaking Bad and Hollywood movies.
- Read Together: A collaborative reading application that allows families to enjoy e-books together, even when apart.
- Solution54: A cloud based B2B platform that allows brick and mortar retailers to collaborate and sell their inventory to customers in shops across the country.
- Talk 2 Legends: A communication platform that allows athletes to text or video chat with their fan base, at a predetermined rate.
- Vida Systems: A scalable science-teaching platform that uses 3D graphics, social media integration, and game-based learning to educate college students in human anatomy and physiology.
The following High Tide 3 community partners are committed to advancing entrepreneurship and investing in startups in the region and Tallwave thanks them for their incredible support: Arizona Technology Enterprises (AzTE), Bryan Cave, Dignity Healthcare, Goodman's Furniture, Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) and Silicon Valley Bank.
Tallwave is a commercializor -- it helps startups and innovators build their products and take them to market.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, with offices in Los Angeles and Portland, the company creates and maximizes commercial success and shareholder value for entrepreneurs and investors by validating, scaling and managing early-stage and growth ventures with a hands-on approach.
The combination of Tallwave's proprietary lean Business Blueprint system for product and company validation, and go to market strategy; its unique Operator Model for resource development and management, and the access to pre-seed through series A capital Tallwave makes available, sets the company apart from incubators, accelerators and venture capital firms whose business models limit the range of resources they provide. For more information about Tallwave, visit www.tallwave.com.
Dec. 2, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,065
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,373
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,436
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 161
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 135
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,451
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,844
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 394
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,591
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,022
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,070