|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 12:02 PM EDT||
NASHVILLE, TN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Five attorneys from the Birmingham office of Waller, a leading provider of legal services to the healthcare, financial services, retail and hospitality industries, have been named 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding attorneys who, through an independent research process, have been identified as having attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The Waller Alabama Super Lawyers include:
- William C. Athanas, a partner at Waller who represents companies and individuals in government investigations and high-profile enforcement actions. His experience includes criminal, regulatory and internal investigations and trials in the banking, healthcare and securities areas. Athanas has been named as a Super Lawyer in the practice area of criminal defense, with special recognition on white collar crime and business litigation. This is his second consecutive year being named a Super Lawyer.
- Larry Childs, a partner at Waller who has been a top litigator for over 30 years with experience in a variety of businesses regarding a diverse range of matters. From the financial services industry to manufacturing, he is skilled in handling complex litigation. Childs was recognized for his achievements in the areas of business litigation, securities litigation and class actions/mass torts. This is his fifth consecutive year and sixth overall appearance on the Super Lawyers list.
- Colin Luke, a partner at Waller who advises hospitals, health systems, physicians and outpatient services providers on regulatory compliance matters. He also counsels healthcare clients on operations issues, such as provider and payor certifications, facility licensure and certificates of need and in transactional matters including the acquisition and divestiture of healthcare facilities and the formation of healthcare joint ventures. This is his sixth consecutive year being named a Super Lawyer.
The Rising Stars list honors attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or have been practicing for 10 years or less. The Waller Alabama Rising Stars are:
- Chris Driskill, an associate at Waller who defends officers and directors of financial institutions against both investor class-actions and shareholder derivative actions. In addition, he represents employers in matters involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge under federal and state law. He holds experience in securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative actions and the enforcement of financial instruments.
- Brian Malcom, an associate at Waller who represents banks, lenders, financial institutions, and healthcare firms in litigation matters. He resolves commercial disputes related to financial products liability, contractual agreements, and other business issues. Malcom has experience in dealing with bond claims, lien claims, financial services and the collection of obligations owed by governmental entities.
The Super Lawyers lists are published in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines across the country. Inclusion is based upon an exhaustive selection process that is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Waller is headquartered in Nashville, Tenn. with offices in Birmingham, Ala., Austin, Tex., and Memphis, Tenn. With approximately 200 attorneys, Waller helps clients navigate a diverse range of complex transactional, regulatory and litigation issues across myriad industries. Founded in 1905, Waller has client relationships spanning decades because clients, time and again, come for the lawyer and stay for the firm®. For more information, please visit www.wallerlaw.com.
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,204
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,217
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,213
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,719
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,443
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,706
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 383
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,640
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 966
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,873
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,217