|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
IFSEC International – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that it will showcase its broad portfolio of solutions to create, manage and use secure identities during IFSEC International 2014 in London from June 17-19, 2014. The company will demonstrate its comprehensive range of innovative solutions that drive customer empowerment and highlight its latest iCLASS SE® platform that addresses the most advanced security requirements and migration. HID Global will also showcase secure identity solutions tailored to the Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Financial Services (Banking) markets.
At IFSEC International 2014, HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in stand #D1800 at the ExCeL London Exhibition and Convention Centre. Demonstrations will provide visitors a hands-on understanding of how the company’s secure access and smart card solutions conveniently address real-world security challenges. Top demonstrations include:
- Emerging technology innovations leveraging Bluetooth LE and NFC that simplify mobile access and make it more convenient than ever. Powered by the company’s award-winning Seos® technology, its breakthrough innovations provide superior identity management and deliver the most dynamic mobile solution available today. HID Global will also feature its leading-edge Lumidigm biometrics solutions.
Solutions for Creating Secure Identities
- Card Personalization Solutions: With the introduction of its enhanced FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer line, HID Global offers the industry’s broadest range of card personalization solutions, including the DTC1250e ID Card Printer/ Encoder that can be used for instant issuance, as well as the entry-level FARGO C50 ID Card Printer and the industrial-grade HDP5000 Printer/Encoder. Demonstrations will include creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customisable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organisations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards or digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- ActivID® Credential Management Solutions: HID Global will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘one card’ converged solution for physical and logical access control, and secure access to cloud-based applications.
- Networked Access Solutions: EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled open platform access control solutions. HID Global’s VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems.
Solutions for Using Secure Identities
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo® and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One Time Password (OTP) to support logical and physical control; iCLASS SE platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE Decor Reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards, smartphones and other mobile devices. A wide range of OMNIKEY® desktop readers will also be showcased.
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security and interoperability. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform readers and smart cards.
- Lumidigm V Series and M Series Fingerprint Sensor Authentication Technologies: Based on multispectral imaging, Lumidigm fingerprint sensors may be used for authenticating customers, such as employees at the desktop or shared workstations.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded Solutions: To enable third parties to develop solutions that work within the Genuine HID ecosystem. HID Global’s iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware for higher security. Secure print authentication solutions with third-party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile, will also be featured.
Demonstrations on using secure identities in the Enterprise, Healthcare, Financial Services (Banking) and Education markets include:
- Enterprise Solutions to provide organizations optimum security for their facilities and properties. Next-generation access control solutions are based on open standards to provide organisations a future-proofed solution, while maintaining operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Healthcare Solutions that enhance workflow efficiencies using HID Global’s advanced plug-and-play physical and logical access control solutions that provide higher security without sacrificing convenience.
- Education Solutions for institutions with unique requirements for securing their facilities and improving administrative efficiencies by providing a single card solution for multiple campus applications (including student access to libraries, laboratories and dormitories as well as cafeteria payments and more).
- Financial / Banking Solutions for financial institutions to secure buildings, control access to critical network resources and sensitive data, and secure online banking services for their customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, EDGE EVO, Genuine HID, FARGO, HID Secure Identity Services, OMNIKEY, VertX EVO, Seos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,194
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,024
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,054
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,236
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,170
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,049
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,977
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,164
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,003
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,183
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,984
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,924
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,869
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,122