|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
IFSEC International – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that it will showcase its broad portfolio of solutions to create, manage and use secure identities during IFSEC International 2014 in London from June 17-19, 2014. The company will demonstrate its comprehensive range of innovative solutions that drive customer empowerment and highlight its latest iCLASS SE® platform that addresses the most advanced security requirements and migration. HID Global will also showcase secure identity solutions tailored to the Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Financial Services (Banking) markets.
At IFSEC International 2014, HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in stand #D1800 at the ExCeL London Exhibition and Convention Centre. Demonstrations will provide visitors a hands-on understanding of how the company’s secure access and smart card solutions conveniently address real-world security challenges. Top demonstrations include:
- Emerging technology innovations leveraging Bluetooth LE and NFC that simplify mobile access and make it more convenient than ever. Powered by the company’s award-winning Seos® technology, its breakthrough innovations provide superior identity management and deliver the most dynamic mobile solution available today. HID Global will also feature its leading-edge Lumidigm biometrics solutions.
Solutions for Creating Secure Identities
- Card Personalization Solutions: With the introduction of its enhanced FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer line, HID Global offers the industry’s broadest range of card personalization solutions, including the DTC1250e ID Card Printer/ Encoder that can be used for instant issuance, as well as the entry-level FARGO C50 ID Card Printer and the industrial-grade HDP5000 Printer/Encoder. Demonstrations will include creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customisable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organisations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards or digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- ActivID® Credential Management Solutions: HID Global will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘one card’ converged solution for physical and logical access control, and secure access to cloud-based applications.
- Networked Access Solutions: EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled open platform access control solutions. HID Global’s VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems.
Solutions for Using Secure Identities
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo® and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One Time Password (OTP) to support logical and physical control; iCLASS SE platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE Decor Reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards, smartphones and other mobile devices. A wide range of OMNIKEY® desktop readers will also be showcased.
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security and interoperability. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform readers and smart cards.
- Lumidigm V Series and M Series Fingerprint Sensor Authentication Technologies: Based on multispectral imaging, Lumidigm fingerprint sensors may be used for authenticating customers, such as employees at the desktop or shared workstations.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded Solutions: To enable third parties to develop solutions that work within the Genuine HID ecosystem. HID Global’s iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware for higher security. Secure print authentication solutions with third-party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile, will also be featured.
Demonstrations on using secure identities in the Enterprise, Healthcare, Financial Services (Banking) and Education markets include:
- Enterprise Solutions to provide organizations optimum security for their facilities and properties. Next-generation access control solutions are based on open standards to provide organisations a future-proofed solution, while maintaining operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Healthcare Solutions that enhance workflow efficiencies using HID Global’s advanced plug-and-play physical and logical access control solutions that provide higher security without sacrificing convenience.
- Education Solutions for institutions with unique requirements for securing their facilities and improving administrative efficiencies by providing a single card solution for multiple campus applications (including student access to libraries, laboratories and dormitories as well as cafeteria payments and more).
- Financial / Banking Solutions for financial institutions to secure buildings, control access to critical network resources and sensitive data, and secure online banking services for their customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, EDGE EVO, Genuine HID, FARGO, HID Secure Identity Services, OMNIKEY, VertX EVO, Seos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 AM EST
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,388
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 5,104
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 944
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,192
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,135
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 20, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 106
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 150
Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016.Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data ce...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 666
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captur...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 3,376
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 116
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,448
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 278
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,087
Both SaaS vendors and SaaS buyers are going “all-in” to hyperscale IaaS platforms such as AWS, which is disrupting the SaaS value proposition. Why should the enterprise SaaS consumer pay for the SaaS service if their data is resident in adjacent AWS S3 buckets? If both SaaS sellers and buyers are using the same cloud tools, automation and pay-per-transaction model offered by IaaS platforms, then why not host the “shrink-wrapped” software in the customers’ cloud? Further, serverless computing, cl...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,612