|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
IFSEC International – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that it will showcase its broad portfolio of solutions to create, manage and use secure identities during IFSEC International 2014 in London from June 17-19, 2014. The company will demonstrate its comprehensive range of innovative solutions that drive customer empowerment and highlight its latest iCLASS SE® platform that addresses the most advanced security requirements and migration. HID Global will also showcase secure identity solutions tailored to the Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Financial Services (Banking) markets.
At IFSEC International 2014, HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in stand #D1800 at the ExCeL London Exhibition and Convention Centre. Demonstrations will provide visitors a hands-on understanding of how the company’s secure access and smart card solutions conveniently address real-world security challenges. Top demonstrations include:
- Emerging technology innovations leveraging Bluetooth LE and NFC that simplify mobile access and make it more convenient than ever. Powered by the company’s award-winning Seos® technology, its breakthrough innovations provide superior identity management and deliver the most dynamic mobile solution available today. HID Global will also feature its leading-edge Lumidigm biometrics solutions.
Solutions for Creating Secure Identities
- Card Personalization Solutions: With the introduction of its enhanced FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer line, HID Global offers the industry’s broadest range of card personalization solutions, including the DTC1250e ID Card Printer/ Encoder that can be used for instant issuance, as well as the entry-level FARGO C50 ID Card Printer and the industrial-grade HDP5000 Printer/Encoder. Demonstrations will include creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customisable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organisations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards or digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- ActivID® Credential Management Solutions: HID Global will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘one card’ converged solution for physical and logical access control, and secure access to cloud-based applications.
- Networked Access Solutions: EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled open platform access control solutions. HID Global’s VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems.
Solutions for Using Secure Identities
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo® and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One Time Password (OTP) to support logical and physical control; iCLASS SE platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE Decor Reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards, smartphones and other mobile devices. A wide range of OMNIKEY® desktop readers will also be showcased.
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security and interoperability. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform readers and smart cards.
- Lumidigm V Series and M Series Fingerprint Sensor Authentication Technologies: Based on multispectral imaging, Lumidigm fingerprint sensors may be used for authenticating customers, such as employees at the desktop or shared workstations.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded Solutions: To enable third parties to develop solutions that work within the Genuine HID ecosystem. HID Global’s iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware for higher security. Secure print authentication solutions with third-party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile, will also be featured.
Demonstrations on using secure identities in the Enterprise, Healthcare, Financial Services (Banking) and Education markets include:
- Enterprise Solutions to provide organizations optimum security for their facilities and properties. Next-generation access control solutions are based on open standards to provide organisations a future-proofed solution, while maintaining operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Healthcare Solutions that enhance workflow efficiencies using HID Global’s advanced plug-and-play physical and logical access control solutions that provide higher security without sacrificing convenience.
- Education Solutions for institutions with unique requirements for securing their facilities and improving administrative efficiencies by providing a single card solution for multiple campus applications (including student access to libraries, laboratories and dormitories as well as cafeteria payments and more).
- Financial / Banking Solutions for financial institutions to secure buildings, control access to critical network resources and sensitive data, and secure online banking services for their customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, EDGE EVO, Genuine HID, FARGO, HID Secure Identity Services, OMNIKEY, VertX EVO, Seos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,156
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,564
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,082
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 494
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 538
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,987
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,761
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 463
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,619
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,478
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 762
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,029
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 581
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 245
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 249