|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
IFSEC International – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that it will showcase its broad portfolio of solutions to create, manage and use secure identities during IFSEC International 2014 in London from June 17-19, 2014. The company will demonstrate its comprehensive range of innovative solutions that drive customer empowerment and highlight its latest iCLASS SE® platform that addresses the most advanced security requirements and migration. HID Global will also showcase secure identity solutions tailored to the Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Financial Services (Banking) markets.
At IFSEC International 2014, HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in stand #D1800 at the ExCeL London Exhibition and Convention Centre. Demonstrations will provide visitors a hands-on understanding of how the company’s secure access and smart card solutions conveniently address real-world security challenges. Top demonstrations include:
- Emerging technology innovations leveraging Bluetooth LE and NFC that simplify mobile access and make it more convenient than ever. Powered by the company’s award-winning Seos® technology, its breakthrough innovations provide superior identity management and deliver the most dynamic mobile solution available today. HID Global will also feature its leading-edge Lumidigm biometrics solutions.
Solutions for Creating Secure Identities
- Card Personalization Solutions: With the introduction of its enhanced FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer line, HID Global offers the industry’s broadest range of card personalization solutions, including the DTC1250e ID Card Printer/ Encoder that can be used for instant issuance, as well as the entry-level FARGO C50 ID Card Printer and the industrial-grade HDP5000 Printer/Encoder. Demonstrations will include creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customisable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organisations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards or digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- ActivID® Credential Management Solutions: HID Global will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘one card’ converged solution for physical and logical access control, and secure access to cloud-based applications.
- Networked Access Solutions: EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled open platform access control solutions. HID Global’s VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems.
Solutions for Using Secure Identities
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo® and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One Time Password (OTP) to support logical and physical control; iCLASS SE platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE Decor Reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards, smartphones and other mobile devices. A wide range of OMNIKEY® desktop readers will also be showcased.
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security and interoperability. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform readers and smart cards.
- Lumidigm V Series and M Series Fingerprint Sensor Authentication Technologies: Based on multispectral imaging, Lumidigm fingerprint sensors may be used for authenticating customers, such as employees at the desktop or shared workstations.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded Solutions: To enable third parties to develop solutions that work within the Genuine HID ecosystem. HID Global’s iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware for higher security. Secure print authentication solutions with third-party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile, will also be featured.
Demonstrations on using secure identities in the Enterprise, Healthcare, Financial Services (Banking) and Education markets include:
- Enterprise Solutions to provide organizations optimum security for their facilities and properties. Next-generation access control solutions are based on open standards to provide organisations a future-proofed solution, while maintaining operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Healthcare Solutions that enhance workflow efficiencies using HID Global’s advanced plug-and-play physical and logical access control solutions that provide higher security without sacrificing convenience.
- Education Solutions for institutions with unique requirements for securing their facilities and improving administrative efficiencies by providing a single card solution for multiple campus applications (including student access to libraries, laboratories and dormitories as well as cafeteria payments and more).
- Financial / Banking Solutions for financial institutions to secure buildings, control access to critical network resources and sensitive data, and secure online banking services for their customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, EDGE EVO, Genuine HID, FARGO, HID Secure Identity Services, OMNIKEY, VertX EVO, Seos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 377
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 433
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 333
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 374
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 299
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 505
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 297
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 322
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 162
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 282
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 384
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT