|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
IFSEC International – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that it will showcase its broad portfolio of solutions to create, manage and use secure identities during IFSEC International 2014 in London from June 17-19, 2014. The company will demonstrate its comprehensive range of innovative solutions that drive customer empowerment and highlight its latest iCLASS SE® platform that addresses the most advanced security requirements and migration. HID Global will also showcase secure identity solutions tailored to the Enterprise, Healthcare, Education and Financial Services (Banking) markets.
At IFSEC International 2014, HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in stand #D1800 at the ExCeL London Exhibition and Convention Centre. Demonstrations will provide visitors a hands-on understanding of how the company’s secure access and smart card solutions conveniently address real-world security challenges. Top demonstrations include:
- Emerging technology innovations leveraging Bluetooth LE and NFC that simplify mobile access and make it more convenient than ever. Powered by the company’s award-winning Seos® technology, its breakthrough innovations provide superior identity management and deliver the most dynamic mobile solution available today. HID Global will also feature its leading-edge Lumidigm biometrics solutions.
Solutions for Creating Secure Identities
- Card Personalization Solutions: With the introduction of its enhanced FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer line, HID Global offers the industry’s broadest range of card personalization solutions, including the DTC1250e ID Card Printer/ Encoder that can be used for instant issuance, as well as the entry-level FARGO C50 ID Card Printer and the industrial-grade HDP5000 Printer/Encoder. Demonstrations will include creating an employee badge and bank card, as well as the latest version of AsureID® Exchange card personalization software.
- EasyLobby® Visitor Management Solutions: Enterprise-class solutions for visitor registration, badge printing, tracking and reporting. The solution is flexible, customisable and feature-rich to meet the needs of small and enterprise organisations with diverse visitor management processes and policy requirements.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- HID Secure Identity ServicesTM: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards or digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential.
- ActivID® Credential Management Solutions: HID Global will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘one card’ converged solution for physical and logical access control, and secure access to cloud-based applications.
- Networked Access Solutions: EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled open platform access control solutions. HID Global’s VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control software host systems.
Solutions for Using Secure Identities
- Genuine HID® Credentials and Readers: Latest Crescendo® and pivCLASS® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication combined with One Time Password (OTP) to support logical and physical control; iCLASS SE platform reader solutions, including the latest iCLASS SE Decor Reader and the iCLASS Seos® credential that enables customers to use multiple applications and technologies on smart cards, smartphones and other mobile devices. A wide range of OMNIKEY® desktop readers will also be showcased.
- Card and Reader Migration Solutions: For moving to higher security and interoperability. Demonstrations will include HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform readers and smart cards.
- Lumidigm V Series and M Series Fingerprint Sensor Authentication Technologies: Based on multispectral imaging, Lumidigm fingerprint sensors may be used for authenticating customers, such as employees at the desktop or shared workstations.
- Genuine HID Technology and Embedded Solutions: To enable third parties to develop solutions that work within the Genuine HID ecosystem. HID Global’s iCLASS SE Encoder, the iCLASS SE Reader Module and the iCLASS SE Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware for higher security. Secure print authentication solutions with third-party printer manufacturers, such as Jetmobile, will also be featured.
Demonstrations on using secure identities in the Enterprise, Healthcare, Financial Services (Banking) and Education markets include:
- Enterprise Solutions to provide organizations optimum security for their facilities and properties. Next-generation access control solutions are based on open standards to provide organisations a future-proofed solution, while maintaining operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Healthcare Solutions that enhance workflow efficiencies using HID Global’s advanced plug-and-play physical and logical access control solutions that provide higher security without sacrificing convenience.
- Education Solutions for institutions with unique requirements for securing their facilities and improving administrative efficiencies by providing a single card solution for multiple campus applications (including student access to libraries, laboratories and dormitories as well as cafeteria payments and more).
- Financial / Banking Solutions for financial institutions to secure buildings, control access to critical network resources and sensitive data, and secure online banking services for their customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, AsureID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, EDGE EVO, Genuine HID, FARGO, HID Secure Identity Services, OMNIKEY, VertX EVO, Seos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 360
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,079
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,561
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,722
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,009
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 866
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,375
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 474
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,628