|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, today announced that it is the first to certify its network performance management solution, VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), with the latest version of Alcatel-Lucent’s SAM management solution. Communications service providers’ (CSPs) network operations, engineering and planning teams will benefit from the service level agreement (SLA) management and full historical reporting and analysis provided by the integration.
In particular, VistaLink for 5620 SAM supports accelerated time-to-market of differentiated IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet services, including microwave backhaul, by providing CSPs with the real-time service quality visualization they need to proof-point the value of these offerings to their business and wholesale customers. Additionally, VistaLink helps CSPs generate additional revenue by enabling hands-on troubleshooting and premium reporting capabilities.
- “Our solution’s multi-vendor support and pre-configured integrations with service-centric element management systems, such as the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, provide the high level of performance visibility and sophisticated reporting our customers require,” said Christopher Cullan, product marketing manager, business services solutions, InfoVista. “We are thrilled to once again be the first service assurance vendor to gain this latest certification with Alcatel-Lucent, and look forward to continuing our collaborations with them.”
- Sasa Nijemcevic, VP & GM of Alcatel-Lucent’s Network Management Business Unit commented, “Alcatel-Lucent continually strives to ensure that our customers are able to take advantage of their network investment almost immediately, including the availability of industry-leading performance assurance solutions for the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM. Through a decade of commitment to our Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program for the Service Aware Manager (SAM), InfoVista has proven its continuing dedication to offering near simultaneous certified availability with our network management.”
- The Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program is a selective partnering program with best-of-breed software vendors. Its purpose is to help CSPs reduce OSS integration cost, time and risk by creating pre-integrated OSS application solutions that are compatible and interoperate with Alcatel-Lucent network management solutions, such as the 5620 SAM. InfoVista has been a member of the OSS Connected Partner Program since 2004.
- Due to InfoVista’s commitment to integrating its products with Alcatel-Lucent’s 5620 SAM, InfoVista has also been awarded Connected Premier Partner status in the Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program. As a certified Alcatel-Lucent Connected Premier Partner, InfoVista will continue to deliver network performance management solutions that take advantage of the latest 5620 SAM features and support successful network upgrades.
- VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM supports IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet service performance assurance capabilities for CSPs’ internal engineering and network operations. The solution also enables CSPs to demonstrate the quality of their services with sophisticated customer reporting, basic and custom SLA measurements, resource health and service usage monitoring, and early warnings on application and network performance degradation.
- Through InfoVista’s close interactions and collaboration with the Alcatel-Lucent team, CSPs can ensure high quality execution of their network performance management and network performance monitoring, even after network upgrades, so they can take advantage of the latest features of Alcatel-Lucent’s new release.
- Learn how Wide Open West (WOW) has benefitted from InfoVista’s certified Carrier Ethernet network and service performance management solution.
- To schedule a meeting with InfoVista at MEF GEN14, taking place November 17-20 in Washington, D.C., please email [email protected].
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter.
InfoVista, Alcatel-Lucent, Carrier Ethernet, IP VPN, Connected Partner Program, communications service providers, CSPs, 5620 SAM, Service Aware Manager, SLA, VistaLink, OSS, microwave backhaul, service quality visualization, troubleshooting, network reporting, service assurance, network performance management, network performance monitoring, Wide Open West, WOW, MEF, GEN14, SReXperts
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 130
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 569
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 112
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 277
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,596
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 447
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 109
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 206
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 234
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 647
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 278
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 199