|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, today announced that it is the first to certify its network performance management solution, VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), with the latest version of Alcatel-Lucent’s SAM management solution. Communications service providers’ (CSPs) network operations, engineering and planning teams will benefit from the service level agreement (SLA) management and full historical reporting and analysis provided by the integration.
In particular, VistaLink for 5620 SAM supports accelerated time-to-market of differentiated IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet services, including microwave backhaul, by providing CSPs with the real-time service quality visualization they need to proof-point the value of these offerings to their business and wholesale customers. Additionally, VistaLink helps CSPs generate additional revenue by enabling hands-on troubleshooting and premium reporting capabilities.
- “Our solution’s multi-vendor support and pre-configured integrations with service-centric element management systems, such as the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, provide the high level of performance visibility and sophisticated reporting our customers require,” said Christopher Cullan, product marketing manager, business services solutions, InfoVista. “We are thrilled to once again be the first service assurance vendor to gain this latest certification with Alcatel-Lucent, and look forward to continuing our collaborations with them.”
- Sasa Nijemcevic, VP & GM of Alcatel-Lucent’s Network Management Business Unit commented, “Alcatel-Lucent continually strives to ensure that our customers are able to take advantage of their network investment almost immediately, including the availability of industry-leading performance assurance solutions for the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM. Through a decade of commitment to our Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program for the Service Aware Manager (SAM), InfoVista has proven its continuing dedication to offering near simultaneous certified availability with our network management.”
- The Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program is a selective partnering program with best-of-breed software vendors. Its purpose is to help CSPs reduce OSS integration cost, time and risk by creating pre-integrated OSS application solutions that are compatible and interoperate with Alcatel-Lucent network management solutions, such as the 5620 SAM. InfoVista has been a member of the OSS Connected Partner Program since 2004.
- Due to InfoVista’s commitment to integrating its products with Alcatel-Lucent’s 5620 SAM, InfoVista has also been awarded Connected Premier Partner status in the Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program. As a certified Alcatel-Lucent Connected Premier Partner, InfoVista will continue to deliver network performance management solutions that take advantage of the latest 5620 SAM features and support successful network upgrades.
- VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM supports IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet service performance assurance capabilities for CSPs’ internal engineering and network operations. The solution also enables CSPs to demonstrate the quality of their services with sophisticated customer reporting, basic and custom SLA measurements, resource health and service usage monitoring, and early warnings on application and network performance degradation.
- Through InfoVista’s close interactions and collaboration with the Alcatel-Lucent team, CSPs can ensure high quality execution of their network performance management and network performance monitoring, even after network upgrades, so they can take advantage of the latest features of Alcatel-Lucent’s new release.
- Learn how Wide Open West (WOW) has benefitted from InfoVista’s certified Carrier Ethernet network and service performance management solution.
- To schedule a meeting with InfoVista at MEF GEN14, taking place November 17-20 in Washington, D.C., please email [email protected].
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter.
InfoVista, Alcatel-Lucent, Carrier Ethernet, IP VPN, Connected Partner Program, communications service providers, CSPs, 5620 SAM, Service Aware Manager, SLA, VistaLink, OSS, microwave backhaul, service quality visualization, troubleshooting, network reporting, service assurance, network performance management, network performance monitoring, Wide Open West, WOW, MEF, GEN14, SReXperts
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 845
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 597
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,156
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 7, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,868
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,612
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 3,929
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,235
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,367
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,017
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,260
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,123
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 728
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 1,145
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 336
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,054