|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 11:04 AM EDT||
oort, the smart home solution that lets users create their own Internet of Things system to make life more comfortable, today launched a Kickstarter campaign for the first complete universal Bluetooth Smart system. In just seconds, oort can be paired with any compatible Bluetooth device, regardless of the manufacturer, and controlled from a single app on iOS or Android.
oort Internet of Things Hub and Devices (Photo: Business Wire)
Gartner has estimated that there are more than 2.5 billion connected devices today, with more than 30 billion expected by 2020. The challenge is that there are currently several competing wireless communications protocols for the Internet of Things that are not interoperable with end user devices out-of-the-box. To create a simple and easy experience for consumers, oort’s solution uses wireless communications that are based on Bluetooth low energy. As the standard is now supported by all iOS 7+ and Android 4.3+ devices, oort can be controlled by smartphones and tablets owned by the majority of consumers and will be interoperable with a wide range of beacons and sensors.
oort's technology will let users interact with any Bluetooth low energy device with a standard GATT profile, regardless of manufacturer, to enable consumers to create custom Internet of Things ecosystems. Examples of oort compatible devices include a wide range of connected devices, including beacons, wall sockets, light bulbs, power strips, lamps and smart sensors that measure air quality, temperature, soil humidity, noise and more.
The heart of the solution is oort Hub, a gateway between smart devices and smart sensors that lets users control all networked devices with an easy-to-use app for iOS and Android devices. oort establishes an Internet connection with its built-in Wi-Fi to enable device control from anywhere.
- Control smart devices from many manufacturers via iOS, Android with a single app or a web browser
- Easy and affordable way to control and monitor users’ whole living environments
- Location tracking and push notifications for users who have opted-in on their devices
- Customizable user settings, from data transmission to eFencing/micro-fencing to presence and access control
- In-depth reporting on user’s intelligent devices, including energy consumption, management and measurement, air quality, presence control and more
- A distributed central management system, which enables device control from anywhere
- “Consumers are reluctant to create a smart home because current technology doesn’t let them control a whole Internet of Things from just one app on devices they already own,” said Radek Tadajewski, CEO of oort. “As Apple’s recent announcement showed, consumers are demanding a unified way to control their environments and oort will be the first solution on the market that meets their needs from iOS and Android. With our Kickstarter backers behind us, we believe the possibilities for an oort-powered smart home will only be limited by the human imagination.”
- To back oort’s Kickstarter campaign, click here.
- Connect with oort on Twitter, Facebook, Google±, YouTube, Pinterest or Instagram.
oort, Kickstarter, iBeacon, Internet of Things, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, Smart, Smart Home, Home Automation
oort is creating a system of intelligent connected devices that lets you control your whole living environment with a single app. It’s simple, universal and created to bring comfort and peace of mind to you and your family.
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,841
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 838
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,884
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,193
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,579
Dec. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 877
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,298
Dec. 5, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 2,075
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,055
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 981
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,960
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 507
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,229
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,090
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 403