|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Database solutions are the critical underpinning of more than 12,000 applications from independent software vendors (ISVs). Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance provide the critical foundation ISVs need to deliver extreme performance, scalability and reliability to their customers. The introduction of Oracle Database In-Memory gives ISVs the ability to supercharge their applications to deliver even faster insights, analysis and reporting, while speeding online transaction processing; enabling them to establish a real-time enterprise. Helping ISVs take full advantage of this new offering, Oracle PartnerNetwork's Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory.
"Oracle Database has long been the backbone for thousands of ISV applications. Oracle Database In-Memory changes the game and takes these applications to a whole new level," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "With it, real-time enterprises and our valued partner community can accelerate the speed of information discovery and decision making, allowing them to gain new business and competitive advantage for themselves and their end users."
- Oracle today announced Oracle Database In-Memory, enabling ISV applications to transparently take advantage of in-memory processing to accelerate performance by orders of magnitude for analytic, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive industry validation and testing from Oracle PartnerNetwork ISV partners, including SAS and TAS Group, and has been validated to deliver up to 100X acceleration of modules in popular enterprise applications, including modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft products.
- With Oracle Database 12c, including In-Memory and Multitenant options, ISVs can bring innovative new capabilities to their applications without code changes. In addition, by using Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance as the foundation for their applications, ISVs are able to deliver unprecedented levels of performance, scalability and reliability to their customers.
- In conjunction with the Oracle Database In-Memory launch, Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory, allowing joint customers of Oracle and ISV partners to leverage the real-time performance benefits for all integrated offerings.
Oracle Database Solutions for ISVs
- Oracle Database In-Memory: Powers the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decision making by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database 12c compatible applications and simplifying IT administration. This means ISVs implementing Oracle Database In-Memory with their applications can extend the same benefits to their end customers.
- Oracle Multitenant: A new architecture that allows a container database to hold many pluggable databases. As a result, ISV applications can rely on Oracle Database 12c to provide multitenancy without architecting multitenancy into the application. Since no application changes are required, ISVs can easily adopt this architecture and rapidly deliver their applications as Software as a Service on the cloud.
- Oracle Exadata: Delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for OLTP applications, data warehouses and the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing. ISVs with applications running on Oracle Exadata benefit from greater levels of performance and scalability, reduced operational overhead and costs, and faster time-to-market.
- Oracle SuperCluster: An integrated server, storage, networking and software system that provides maximum database and application performance and minimal support and maintenance effort and complexity at the lowest total cost of ownership. It is ideal for Oracle Database and best for ISV customers who need to maximize return on their software investments, increase their IT agility and improve application usability and overall IT productivity.
- Oracle Database Appliance: A simple, reliable, and affordable package of software, server, storage, and networking that saves time and money by streamlining deployment, maintenance, and support of database workloads. ISVs can readily package their applications with ODA to reduce cost and complexity, and accelerate implementation cycles for their customers.
- Oracle Database in the Cloud: Enables partners to leverage Oracle's Database Cloud Service and expand the range of platform and deployment options with new Oracle Database-as-a-Service offerings with a full development and deployment platform.
- "The full capabilities of Oracle's Database platforms including Oracle Database 12c In-Memory, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Cloud enable ISVs and customers the ability to leverage these technologies without porting to each environment," said Anil Chakravarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Informatica. "Informatica has seen significant performance improvements from adding Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to our existing applications, without any re-writing. This feature enables us to offer our application to many customers in a consolidated environment by reducing complexity, maintenance, management as well as cost."
- "We see clear benefit from the Oracle Database 12c In Memory for our users," said Scott VanValkenburgh, SAS Senior Director of Alliance Management. "Our existing applications were transparently able to take advantage of them and no application code changes were required. High end database services on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle's M6 Big Memory Machine are very well suited to bring Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to levels of performance which complement our Business Analytics solutions."
- "TAS Group and Oracle have a long history of working together to find unique and powerful financial transaction process solutions to meet the most demanding customer challenges," said Alfonso Nobilio, Chief Operating Officer of TAS Group. "By certifying our solutions on Oracle Database solutions, like Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we are able to provide our customers with the scalability, flexibility and performance they need to build their own complementary offerings and effectively manage high volumes of transactions." TAS Group, a Gold level member in OPN has achieved Oracle Exadata Ready and Oracle Exalogic Optimized status.
- "Today, customers simply won't wait for an application to 'think' and respond. ISVs have to deliver the extreme performance their customers demand, and they rely on Oracle Database solutions to do it," said Steve Biondi, Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "Oracle is continuously offering innovative new solutions and partner programs to help our valued ISV community continue to innovate and deliver the customer experience their users demand."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 863
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,121
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 550
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,055
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,501
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 807
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 882
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,053
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,459
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,156
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,052
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 890
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 740
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,278