|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Database solutions are the critical underpinning of more than 12,000 applications from independent software vendors (ISVs). Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance provide the critical foundation ISVs need to deliver extreme performance, scalability and reliability to their customers. The introduction of Oracle Database In-Memory gives ISVs the ability to supercharge their applications to deliver even faster insights, analysis and reporting, while speeding online transaction processing; enabling them to establish a real-time enterprise. Helping ISVs take full advantage of this new offering, Oracle PartnerNetwork's Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory.
"Oracle Database has long been the backbone for thousands of ISV applications. Oracle Database In-Memory changes the game and takes these applications to a whole new level," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "With it, real-time enterprises and our valued partner community can accelerate the speed of information discovery and decision making, allowing them to gain new business and competitive advantage for themselves and their end users."
- Oracle today announced Oracle Database In-Memory, enabling ISV applications to transparently take advantage of in-memory processing to accelerate performance by orders of magnitude for analytic, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive industry validation and testing from Oracle PartnerNetwork ISV partners, including SAS and TAS Group, and has been validated to deliver up to 100X acceleration of modules in popular enterprise applications, including modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft products.
- With Oracle Database 12c, including In-Memory and Multitenant options, ISVs can bring innovative new capabilities to their applications without code changes. In addition, by using Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance as the foundation for their applications, ISVs are able to deliver unprecedented levels of performance, scalability and reliability to their customers.
- In conjunction with the Oracle Database In-Memory launch, Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory, allowing joint customers of Oracle and ISV partners to leverage the real-time performance benefits for all integrated offerings.
Oracle Database Solutions for ISVs
- Oracle Database In-Memory: Powers the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decision making by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database 12c compatible applications and simplifying IT administration. This means ISVs implementing Oracle Database In-Memory with their applications can extend the same benefits to their end customers.
- Oracle Multitenant: A new architecture that allows a container database to hold many pluggable databases. As a result, ISV applications can rely on Oracle Database 12c to provide multitenancy without architecting multitenancy into the application. Since no application changes are required, ISVs can easily adopt this architecture and rapidly deliver their applications as Software as a Service on the cloud.
- Oracle Exadata: Delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for OLTP applications, data warehouses and the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing. ISVs with applications running on Oracle Exadata benefit from greater levels of performance and scalability, reduced operational overhead and costs, and faster time-to-market.
- Oracle SuperCluster: An integrated server, storage, networking and software system that provides maximum database and application performance and minimal support and maintenance effort and complexity at the lowest total cost of ownership. It is ideal for Oracle Database and best for ISV customers who need to maximize return on their software investments, increase their IT agility and improve application usability and overall IT productivity.
- Oracle Database Appliance: A simple, reliable, and affordable package of software, server, storage, and networking that saves time and money by streamlining deployment, maintenance, and support of database workloads. ISVs can readily package their applications with ODA to reduce cost and complexity, and accelerate implementation cycles for their customers.
- Oracle Database in the Cloud: Enables partners to leverage Oracle's Database Cloud Service and expand the range of platform and deployment options with new Oracle Database-as-a-Service offerings with a full development and deployment platform.
- "The full capabilities of Oracle's Database platforms including Oracle Database 12c In-Memory, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Cloud enable ISVs and customers the ability to leverage these technologies without porting to each environment," said Anil Chakravarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Informatica. "Informatica has seen significant performance improvements from adding Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to our existing applications, without any re-writing. This feature enables us to offer our application to many customers in a consolidated environment by reducing complexity, maintenance, management as well as cost."
- "We see clear benefit from the Oracle Database 12c In Memory for our users," said Scott VanValkenburgh, SAS Senior Director of Alliance Management. "Our existing applications were transparently able to take advantage of them and no application code changes were required. High end database services on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle's M6 Big Memory Machine are very well suited to bring Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to levels of performance which complement our Business Analytics solutions."
- "TAS Group and Oracle have a long history of working together to find unique and powerful financial transaction process solutions to meet the most demanding customer challenges," said Alfonso Nobilio, Chief Operating Officer of TAS Group. "By certifying our solutions on Oracle Database solutions, like Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we are able to provide our customers with the scalability, flexibility and performance they need to build their own complementary offerings and effectively manage high volumes of transactions." TAS Group, a Gold level member in OPN has achieved Oracle Exadata Ready and Oracle Exalogic Optimized status.
- "Today, customers simply won't wait for an application to 'think' and respond. ISVs have to deliver the extreme performance their customers demand, and they rely on Oracle Database solutions to do it," said Steve Biondi, Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "Oracle is continuously offering innovative new solutions and partner programs to help our valued ISV community continue to innovate and deliver the customer experience their users demand."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 5,444
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,087
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,463
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,531
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,945
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,801
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 20, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,071
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,642
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,122
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 608
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,591
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,729
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,233
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,576
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,189