|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Database solutions are the critical underpinning of more than 12,000 applications from independent software vendors (ISVs). Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance provide the critical foundation ISVs need to deliver extreme performance, scalability and reliability to their customers. The introduction of Oracle Database In-Memory gives ISVs the ability to supercharge their applications to deliver even faster insights, analysis and reporting, while speeding online transaction processing; enabling them to establish a real-time enterprise. Helping ISVs take full advantage of this new offering, Oracle PartnerNetwork's Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory.
"Oracle Database has long been the backbone for thousands of ISV applications. Oracle Database In-Memory changes the game and takes these applications to a whole new level," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "With it, real-time enterprises and our valued partner community can accelerate the speed of information discovery and decision making, allowing them to gain new business and competitive advantage for themselves and their end users."
- Oracle today announced Oracle Database In-Memory, enabling ISV applications to transparently take advantage of in-memory processing to accelerate performance by orders of magnitude for analytic, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive industry validation and testing from Oracle PartnerNetwork ISV partners, including SAS and TAS Group, and has been validated to deliver up to 100X acceleration of modules in popular enterprise applications, including modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft products.
- With Oracle Database 12c, including In-Memory and Multitenant options, ISVs can bring innovative new capabilities to their applications without code changes. In addition, by using Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance as the foundation for their applications, ISVs are able to deliver unprecedented levels of performance, scalability and reliability to their customers.
- In conjunction with the Oracle Database In-Memory launch, Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory, allowing joint customers of Oracle and ISV partners to leverage the real-time performance benefits for all integrated offerings.
Oracle Database Solutions for ISVs
- Oracle Database In-Memory: Powers the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decision making by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database 12c compatible applications and simplifying IT administration. This means ISVs implementing Oracle Database In-Memory with their applications can extend the same benefits to their end customers.
- Oracle Multitenant: A new architecture that allows a container database to hold many pluggable databases. As a result, ISV applications can rely on Oracle Database 12c to provide multitenancy without architecting multitenancy into the application. Since no application changes are required, ISVs can easily adopt this architecture and rapidly deliver their applications as Software as a Service on the cloud.
- Oracle Exadata: Delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for OLTP applications, data warehouses and the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing. ISVs with applications running on Oracle Exadata benefit from greater levels of performance and scalability, reduced operational overhead and costs, and faster time-to-market.
- Oracle SuperCluster: An integrated server, storage, networking and software system that provides maximum database and application performance and minimal support and maintenance effort and complexity at the lowest total cost of ownership. It is ideal for Oracle Database and best for ISV customers who need to maximize return on their software investments, increase their IT agility and improve application usability and overall IT productivity.
- Oracle Database Appliance: A simple, reliable, and affordable package of software, server, storage, and networking that saves time and money by streamlining deployment, maintenance, and support of database workloads. ISVs can readily package their applications with ODA to reduce cost and complexity, and accelerate implementation cycles for their customers.
- Oracle Database in the Cloud: Enables partners to leverage Oracle's Database Cloud Service and expand the range of platform and deployment options with new Oracle Database-as-a-Service offerings with a full development and deployment platform.
- "The full capabilities of Oracle's Database platforms including Oracle Database 12c In-Memory, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Cloud enable ISVs and customers the ability to leverage these technologies without porting to each environment," said Anil Chakravarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Informatica. "Informatica has seen significant performance improvements from adding Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to our existing applications, without any re-writing. This feature enables us to offer our application to many customers in a consolidated environment by reducing complexity, maintenance, management as well as cost."
- "We see clear benefit from the Oracle Database 12c In Memory for our users," said Scott VanValkenburgh, SAS Senior Director of Alliance Management. "Our existing applications were transparently able to take advantage of them and no application code changes were required. High end database services on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle's M6 Big Memory Machine are very well suited to bring Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to levels of performance which complement our Business Analytics solutions."
- "TAS Group and Oracle have a long history of working together to find unique and powerful financial transaction process solutions to meet the most demanding customer challenges," said Alfonso Nobilio, Chief Operating Officer of TAS Group. "By certifying our solutions on Oracle Database solutions, like Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we are able to provide our customers with the scalability, flexibility and performance they need to build their own complementary offerings and effectively manage high volumes of transactions." TAS Group, a Gold level member in OPN has achieved Oracle Exadata Ready and Oracle Exalogic Optimized status.
- "Today, customers simply won't wait for an application to 'think' and respond. ISVs have to deliver the extreme performance their customers demand, and they rely on Oracle Database solutions to do it," said Steve Biondi, Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "Oracle is continuously offering innovative new solutions and partner programs to help our valued ISV community continue to innovate and deliver the customer experience their users demand."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 455
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 22, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,403
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,211
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,143
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,617
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,623
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 518
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,256
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 706
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 725
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 931
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,757
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,096