|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Database solutions are the critical underpinning of more than 12,000 applications from independent software vendors (ISVs). Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance provide the critical foundation ISVs need to deliver extreme performance, scalability and reliability to their customers. The introduction of Oracle Database In-Memory gives ISVs the ability to supercharge their applications to deliver even faster insights, analysis and reporting, while speeding online transaction processing; enabling them to establish a real-time enterprise. Helping ISVs take full advantage of this new offering, Oracle PartnerNetwork's Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory.
"Oracle Database has long been the backbone for thousands of ISV applications. Oracle Database In-Memory changes the game and takes these applications to a whole new level," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "With it, real-time enterprises and our valued partner community can accelerate the speed of information discovery and decision making, allowing them to gain new business and competitive advantage for themselves and their end users."
- Oracle today announced Oracle Database In-Memory, enabling ISV applications to transparently take advantage of in-memory processing to accelerate performance by orders of magnitude for analytic, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive industry validation and testing from Oracle PartnerNetwork ISV partners, including SAS and TAS Group, and has been validated to deliver up to 100X acceleration of modules in popular enterprise applications, including modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft products.
- With Oracle Database 12c, including In-Memory and Multitenant options, ISVs can bring innovative new capabilities to their applications without code changes. In addition, by using Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance as the foundation for their applications, ISVs are able to deliver unprecedented levels of performance, scalability and reliability to their customers.
- In conjunction with the Oracle Database In-Memory launch, Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory, allowing joint customers of Oracle and ISV partners to leverage the real-time performance benefits for all integrated offerings.
Oracle Database Solutions for ISVs
- Oracle Database In-Memory: Powers the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decision making by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database 12c compatible applications and simplifying IT administration. This means ISVs implementing Oracle Database In-Memory with their applications can extend the same benefits to their end customers.
- Oracle Multitenant: A new architecture that allows a container database to hold many pluggable databases. As a result, ISV applications can rely on Oracle Database 12c to provide multitenancy without architecting multitenancy into the application. Since no application changes are required, ISVs can easily adopt this architecture and rapidly deliver their applications as Software as a Service on the cloud.
- Oracle Exadata: Delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for OLTP applications, data warehouses and the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing. ISVs with applications running on Oracle Exadata benefit from greater levels of performance and scalability, reduced operational overhead and costs, and faster time-to-market.
- Oracle SuperCluster: An integrated server, storage, networking and software system that provides maximum database and application performance and minimal support and maintenance effort and complexity at the lowest total cost of ownership. It is ideal for Oracle Database and best for ISV customers who need to maximize return on their software investments, increase their IT agility and improve application usability and overall IT productivity.
- Oracle Database Appliance: A simple, reliable, and affordable package of software, server, storage, and networking that saves time and money by streamlining deployment, maintenance, and support of database workloads. ISVs can readily package their applications with ODA to reduce cost and complexity, and accelerate implementation cycles for their customers.
- Oracle Database in the Cloud: Enables partners to leverage Oracle's Database Cloud Service and expand the range of platform and deployment options with new Oracle Database-as-a-Service offerings with a full development and deployment platform.
- "The full capabilities of Oracle's Database platforms including Oracle Database 12c In-Memory, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Cloud enable ISVs and customers the ability to leverage these technologies without porting to each environment," said Anil Chakravarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Informatica. "Informatica has seen significant performance improvements from adding Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to our existing applications, without any re-writing. This feature enables us to offer our application to many customers in a consolidated environment by reducing complexity, maintenance, management as well as cost."
- "We see clear benefit from the Oracle Database 12c In Memory for our users," said Scott VanValkenburgh, SAS Senior Director of Alliance Management. "Our existing applications were transparently able to take advantage of them and no application code changes were required. High end database services on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle's M6 Big Memory Machine are very well suited to bring Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to levels of performance which complement our Business Analytics solutions."
- "TAS Group and Oracle have a long history of working together to find unique and powerful financial transaction process solutions to meet the most demanding customer challenges," said Alfonso Nobilio, Chief Operating Officer of TAS Group. "By certifying our solutions on Oracle Database solutions, like Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we are able to provide our customers with the scalability, flexibility and performance they need to build their own complementary offerings and effectively manage high volumes of transactions." TAS Group, a Gold level member in OPN has achieved Oracle Exadata Ready and Oracle Exalogic Optimized status.
- "Today, customers simply won't wait for an application to 'think' and respond. ISVs have to deliver the extreme performance their customers demand, and they rely on Oracle Database solutions to do it," said Steve Biondi, Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "Oracle is continuously offering innovative new solutions and partner programs to help our valued ISV community continue to innovate and deliver the customer experience their users demand."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,562
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,408
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,860
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 677
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,056
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,738
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 616
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,769
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,569
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,076
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 879