|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:13 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle Database solutions are the critical underpinning of more than 12,000 applications from independent software vendors (ISVs). Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance provide the critical foundation ISVs need to deliver extreme performance, scalability and reliability to their customers. The introduction of Oracle Database In-Memory gives ISVs the ability to supercharge their applications to deliver even faster insights, analysis and reporting, while speeding online transaction processing; enabling them to establish a real-time enterprise. Helping ISVs take full advantage of this new offering, Oracle PartnerNetwork's Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory.
"Oracle Database has long been the backbone for thousands of ISV applications. Oracle Database In-Memory changes the game and takes these applications to a whole new level," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "With it, real-time enterprises and our valued partner community can accelerate the speed of information discovery and decision making, allowing them to gain new business and competitive advantage for themselves and their end users."
- Oracle today announced Oracle Database In-Memory, enabling ISV applications to transparently take advantage of in-memory processing to accelerate performance by orders of magnitude for analytic, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive industry validation and testing from Oracle PartnerNetwork ISV partners, including SAS and TAS Group, and has been validated to deliver up to 100X acceleration of modules in popular enterprise applications, including modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft products.
- With Oracle Database 12c, including In-Memory and Multitenant options, ISVs can bring innovative new capabilities to their applications without code changes. In addition, by using Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance as the foundation for their applications, ISVs are able to deliver unprecedented levels of performance, scalability and reliability to their customers.
- In conjunction with the Oracle Database In-Memory launch, Oracle Database Ready certification now includes Oracle Database In-Memory, allowing joint customers of Oracle and ISV partners to leverage the real-time performance benefits for all integrated offerings.
Oracle Database Solutions for ISVs
- Oracle Database In-Memory: Powers the real-time enterprise, enabling better and faster business decision making by accelerating the performance of Oracle Database 12c compatible applications and simplifying IT administration. This means ISVs implementing Oracle Database In-Memory with their applications can extend the same benefits to their end customers.
- Oracle Multitenant: A new architecture that allows a container database to hold many pluggable databases. As a result, ISV applications can rely on Oracle Database 12c to provide multitenancy without architecting multitenancy into the application. Since no application changes are required, ISVs can easily adopt this architecture and rapidly deliver their applications as Software as a Service on the cloud.
- Oracle Exadata: Delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for OLTP applications, data warehouses and the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing. ISVs with applications running on Oracle Exadata benefit from greater levels of performance and scalability, reduced operational overhead and costs, and faster time-to-market.
- Oracle SuperCluster: An integrated server, storage, networking and software system that provides maximum database and application performance and minimal support and maintenance effort and complexity at the lowest total cost of ownership. It is ideal for Oracle Database and best for ISV customers who need to maximize return on their software investments, increase their IT agility and improve application usability and overall IT productivity.
- Oracle Database Appliance: A simple, reliable, and affordable package of software, server, storage, and networking that saves time and money by streamlining deployment, maintenance, and support of database workloads. ISVs can readily package their applications with ODA to reduce cost and complexity, and accelerate implementation cycles for their customers.
- Oracle Database in the Cloud: Enables partners to leverage Oracle's Database Cloud Service and expand the range of platform and deployment options with new Oracle Database-as-a-Service offerings with a full development and deployment platform.
- "The full capabilities of Oracle's Database platforms including Oracle Database 12c In-Memory, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Cloud enable ISVs and customers the ability to leverage these technologies without porting to each environment," said Anil Chakravarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Informatica. "Informatica has seen significant performance improvements from adding Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to our existing applications, without any re-writing. This feature enables us to offer our application to many customers in a consolidated environment by reducing complexity, maintenance, management as well as cost."
- "We see clear benefit from the Oracle Database 12c In Memory for our users," said Scott VanValkenburgh, SAS Senior Director of Alliance Management. "Our existing applications were transparently able to take advantage of them and no application code changes were required. High end database services on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle's M6 Big Memory Machine are very well suited to bring Oracle Database 12c In-Memory to levels of performance which complement our Business Analytics solutions."
- "TAS Group and Oracle have a long history of working together to find unique and powerful financial transaction process solutions to meet the most demanding customer challenges," said Alfonso Nobilio, Chief Operating Officer of TAS Group. "By certifying our solutions on Oracle Database solutions, like Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we are able to provide our customers with the scalability, flexibility and performance they need to build their own complementary offerings and effectively manage high volumes of transactions." TAS Group, a Gold level member in OPN has achieved Oracle Exadata Ready and Oracle Exalogic Optimized status.
- "Today, customers simply won't wait for an application to 'think' and respond. ISVs have to deliver the extreme performance their customers demand, and they rely on Oracle Database solutions to do it," said Steve Biondi, Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, ISV & OEM Sales, Oracle. "Oracle is continuously offering innovative new solutions and partner programs to help our valued ISV community continue to innovate and deliver the customer experience their users demand."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 321
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 355
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 256
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,102
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 229
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 176
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,661
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,009
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 621
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 715
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752