|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, hyper-connected, and mobile/social world, businesses demand instantaneous information and responsiveness. In this environment, businesses must be able to move as fast as their customers, be they B2B or B2C, to deliver the experience those customers demand.
For years, technology companies have been talking about the "real-time" enterprise. And for years, that's all those vendors delivered -- talk -- because they didn't have the necessary range of world-class technologies to deliver on the real-time promise. But today, Oracle is changing that paradigm, because only Oracle can bring together for customers optimized in-memory capabilities across applications, middleware, databases, and systems. Oracle Database In-Memory transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance. With Oracle Database In-Memory, users can get immediate answers to business questions that previously took hours to obtain and are able to deliver a faster, better experience to both their internal and external constituents.
Oracle Database In-Memory delivers leading-edge in-memory performance without the need to restrict functionality or accept compromises, complexity and risk. Deploying Oracle Database In-Memory with virtually any existing Oracle Database-compatible application is as easy as flipping a switch -- no application changes are required. It is fully integrated with Oracle Database's renowned scale-up, scale-out, storage tiering, availability and security technologies making it the most industrial-strength offering in the industry.
At a special event at Oracle's headquarters, CEO Larry Ellison described how the ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize key processes.
What Customers are Saying
- "As a consumer Internet pioneer and innovator, Yahoo is always at the leading edge of big data and database technology to deliver a responsive, seamless consumer experience. We joined Oracle's beta program to understand how memory optimization could sharpen our big data processing," said Sudhi Vijayakumar, Yahoo's Principal Oracle Database Architect. "Full support for Oracle Real Application Clusters' scale-out capabilities means Oracle Database In-Memory can be used even on our largest data warehouses."
- Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to accelerate database performance by orders of magnitude for analytics, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- An innovative, dual-format in-memory architecture combines the best of row format and column format to simultaneously deliver fast analytics and efficient OLTP.
- Oracle Database In-Memory allows any existing Oracle Database-compatible application to automatically and transparently take advantage of columnar in-memory processing, without additional programming or application changes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory demonstrated from 100x to more than 1000x speedup for enterprise application modules in performance tests, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's Siebel, and Oracle Fusion Applications.
- The ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize all key processes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive validation testing by hundreds of end-users, ISV partners, and Oracle Applications teams over the past nine months.
- Oracle Database In-Memory is scheduled for general availability in July and can be used with all hardware platforms on which Oracle Database 12c is supported.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is also announcing that Oracle Database 12c Ready certification will soon include Oracle Database In-Memory.
Software and Hardware Engineered for the Real-Time Enterprise
- Building on years of innovations and maturity, Oracle Database In-Memory inherits all Oracle Database capabilities including:
- Maximum Availability Architecture to protect against data loss and downtime.
- Industry leading security technologies.
- Scalability to meet any requirement via scale-up on large SMP servers, scale-out across a cluster of servers, and storage-tiering, to cost effectively run databases of any size -- whether petabyte-scale data warehouses, big data processing or database clouds.
- Rich programmability: Java, R, Big Data, PHP Python, Node, REST, Ruby, etc.
- Full data type support: relational, objects, XML, text, spatial, and new integrated JSON support.
- Oracle Engineered Systems are the ideal complement to Oracle Database In-Memory:
- Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster, are optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, featuring large memory capacity, extreme performance, and high availability while tiering less active data to flash and disk to deliver outstanding cost effectiveness.
- In-Memory fault tolerance on Oracle Engineered Systems optionally duplicates in-memory data across nodes enabling queries to instantly use a copy of in-memory data if a server fails. New Direct-to-Wire Infiniband accelerates scale-out for in-memory.
- Oracle's M6-32 Big Memory Machine is the most powerful scale-up platform for Oracle Database In-Memory providing up to 32 Terabytes of DRAM memory and 3 terabytes/sec of memory bandwidth for maximum in-memory performance.
- "We are delighted that our MicroStrategy Analytics Platform is among the first third-party applications to be certified with Oracle Database In-Memory," explained Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our participation in Oracle's beta program and integration with Oracle Database In-Memory builds on our long-standing relationship with Oracle, underscoring the importance of working together to optimize our platforms to extend the advanced functionality and speed performance improvements to our joint customers."
- "Oracle is the only vendor in the industry to embrace in-memory computing from applications to middleware to database to systems, enabling businesses to maximize profitability by accelerating operations, quickly discovering new growth opportunities and making smarter, real-time decisions," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle Database 12c In-Memory uniquely delivers unprecedented performance for virtually all workloads with 100 percent application transparency and no data migration. Plus all the high availability, scalability, and security that customers have come to expect from the Oracle Database are fully preserved."
- "Oracle Applications provide the foundation for our customers' mission-critical business operations, including sales, financials, supply chain and human resources. By raising the bar on speed, Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to compound the value of their existing applications by deriving new insights and business opportunities faster," said Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Application Development, Oracle.
- Oracle Database
- Introducing Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database In-Memory product page
- Forbes: How In-Memory Technology can Transform Your Business
- Download Oracle Database In-Memory media kit
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201406/76191_DBIM_ComparChart_Vert.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2613727
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,224
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,351
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,056
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with budd...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,047
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,631
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,318
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,194
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,591
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Mar. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 12,928
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 27, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,011
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,427
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,968
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,976
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,343
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,690