|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 05:22 PM EDT||
ANDOVER, MA--(Marketwired - June 10, 2014) - WSI Corporation, the global leader in disruptive weather and aviation decision support, today announced substantial global coverage expansion for aircraft being tracked within WSI Fusion. An essential platform for critical flight decisions at over 80 airlines globally, WSI Fusion enables flight operators to fly safer and more efficiently through earlier insight into disruptive weather and operational conditions and proactive decision making.
Recent events shed light on the subject of global flight tracking, further identifying that international flight tracking data is inconsistently available. WSI Fusion provides cumulative data from several sources including Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B), Multilateration (MLAT), FAA, Eurocontrol, and customer specific flight data. WSI fuses this information together with schedule and flight status from airlines and airports to empower global flight tracking.
How does it work?
1. An aircraft gets its location from a GPS navigation source (satellite)
2. The ADS-B transponder on the aircraft transmits signals containing the location and other flight data
3. The ADS-B signal is picked up by the global ground-based receiver network
4. Receivers feed data to be centrally processed and delivered to WSI Fusion for operational use WSI Fusion users will now have:
- Access to a global network of 2000+ sensors that is ever-increasing to meet professional and industry needs
- Flight tracking for growing equipage of ADS-B; roughly 60% of all pax aircraft (70% in Europe, 30% in the US)
- Enhanced global position tracking coverage for situational awareness, real-time capacity, and route insight
- Sophisticated MLAT technology allowing increased coverage for Mode S transponder equipped aircraft*
(* Coming Summer 2014)
These features extend WSI Fusion's existing industry-leading flight tracking capabilities to include:
- Dynamic global maps with ADS-B network sourced enroute and surface tracks for tactical hazard mitigation
- Real-time flight-centric alerting on operational hazards such as convection, turbulence, icing and volcanic ash
- Flight position projection capability in areas [such as over-water] not covered by other means of surveillance
"WSI is always working to extend the capabilities of our industry-leading WSI Fusion platform to provide airlines with a gate-to-gate solution that improves safety and efficiency through all phases of operations. The addition of global flight tracking is one more example of our commitment to innovative and customer-driven enhancements to streamline workflow and ensure common situational awareness among key flight stakeholders," says Mark D. Miller, SVP and General Manager of Aviation, WSI Corporation.
About WSI Corporation
WSI Corporation is the world's leading provider of weather-driven business solutions for professionals in the aviation, energy, insurance and media markets, as well as multiple federal and state government agencies. WSI is a member of the Weather Company and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Birmingham, England. The Weather Company is owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 7, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 304
Dec. 7, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,625
Dec. 7, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 2,204
Dec. 7, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,782
Dec. 7, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 357
Dec. 7, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 463
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,659
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,870
Dec. 7, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,099
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 926
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 333
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 262
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,750
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,920
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,676