|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 06:00 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today introduced the HP Helion Network, a global, open network designed to provide customers with an unparalleled portfolio of services and the ability to create a secure hybrid IT environment that addresses local and global requirements.
Grounded in HP's leadership in OpenStack®-based distributed cloud computing, the HP Helion Network is expected to provide a unique commercial and operating model for service providers. It is being built to attract a powerful ecosystem of independent software vendors, developers, system integrators and value-added resellers to accelerate innovation and deliver open standards-based hybrid cloud services.
The service providers within the HP Helion Network will provide the foundation for the ecosystem of services. It will also build on the strength of the HP CloudAgile Service Provider program, which has more than 115 service providers worldwide and 1,500 private cloud deployments. The Helion Network is designed to include companies -- such as participants like AT&T, HKT, Intel and Synapsis -- who will work with HP to evolve the network.
"Global enterprises grapple with a daunting array of cloud products and services across locations, which creates challenges that include security, data sovereignty, interoperability and quality of service," said Martin Fink, executive vice president and chief technology officer, HP. "The HP Helion Network leverages HP's expertise gained from running OpenStack technology at scale and our ability to unite service providers and technology partners. Together, we're building a federated ecosystem that enables organizations to deploy services on the right platform at the right time and at the right cost."
The hardware-agnostic HP Helion Network will offer enterprise customers:
- An open, secure and agile hybrid IT environment with no vendor lock-in, which enables workload portability between on- and off-premises environments.
- Access to an expanded enterprise-grade cloud services portfolio that includes horizontal and vertical applications, as well as network-enhanced services such as secure cloud networking, enabling customers to meet local and multinational hybrid requirements.
- The ability to meet country-specific data regulations regarding data sovereignty, retention and protection.
"Our enterprise customers are looking for a secure cloud solution for applications that require heightened levels of information protection, allowing them to gain economic, speed and control benefits," said Andrew Geisse, chief executive officer, AT&T Business Solutions. "We are excited to integrate our patented NetBond technology with HP Helion and look forward to finding ways to further extend these capabilities across The HP Helion Network ecosystem."
New opportunities for HP partners
The HP Helion Network will better position service providers, HP channel partners and developers to meet the evolving needs of their enterprise customers with the New Style of IT, while capturing a greater share of the rapidly growing cloud market.
Benefits for partners will include:
- The ability to drive new revenue streams and lower costs by offering differentiated cloud offerings that harness HP and partner technology and expertise.
- An expanded portfolio of cloud services, allowing service providers to sell other HP Helion Network service provider vertical and horizontal cloud solutions.
- Collaborative sales and marketing efforts to enhance market coverage and increase go-to-market efficiencies. This includes access to HP training, collateral and go-to-market support via HP's direct and indirect channel partners -- including value-added resellers and distributors.
- Access to flexible payment structures that help align IT investment with revenue.
Expanding the HP Helion portfolio
The HP Helion Network will become part of the HP Helion portfolio of products and services announced last month. New additions to the portfolio include:
- HP Helion OpenStack -- A preview version of the commercial edition that is designed to address the needs of global enterprises and service providers. It provides a scale-out, hardened and curated commercial-grade deployment of OpenStack technology with enhancements to simplify installation, provide resiliency and improve manageability. HP Helion OpenStack will be offered under a straightforward pricing model of $1,400 per server for an annual subscription, with multiyear and volume discounts beginning at 50 nodes.
- HP Helion Development Platform -- A preview version of the community edition of the integrated cloud application platform based on CloudFoundry, fully integrated and tested with HP Helion OpenStack. It is designed to enable enterprise developers to rapidly develop, deploy and scale native cloud applications with world-class developer tools and an open, interoperable platform.
"IT transformation to a cloud infrastructure is an imperative today, and Intel remains committed to working with the industry to accelerate the adoption of cloud solutions," said Jonathan Donaldson, general manager, Software Defined Infrastructure Group, Intel. "Intel is pleased to be collaborating with HP on HP Helion OpenStack to advance its enterprise readiness with a focus on availability, security and ease of deployment."
The HP Helion Network is expected to launch a pilot program in the fourth quarter of 2014. General availability for HP Helion OpenStack and the HP Helion Development Platform is planned for the same time frame.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
The OpenStack Word Mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of the OpenStack Foundation in the United States and other countries and is used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,874
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,524
Feb. 24, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 955
Feb. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 6,284
Feb. 23, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 7,004
Feb. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 4,592
Feb. 23, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,507
Feb. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,289
Feb. 23, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,446
Feb. 23, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 8,021
Feb. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,375
Feb. 23, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,741
Feb. 23, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,449
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,292
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,720