|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
Comcast today announced it will make every 2014 FIFA World Cup match available in Spanish via the company’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand. Available for the first time ever in Spanish and only through Xfinity TV, this is the first time the company has leveraged the new technology to make such a broad selection of time-shifted content available in a language other than English.
In addition to live coverage of all 64 matches on the TV and more than 300 hours of On Demand content across devices, soccer fans can live stream matches in multiple languages via the company’s Xfinity TV microsites and Xfinity TV Go app. All 64 matches will be available for live streaming in English and Portuguese, with select matches streamed in Korean. What’s more, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC) will include direct links to matches and simulcasts of special programming with in-depth analysis of the tournament.
“The World Cup is an opportunity to provide Xfinity TV customers, particularly our Latino and multicultural subscribers with a comprehensive mix of content across multiple platforms and in multiple languages,” said Marcien Jenckes, Executive Vice President, Consumer Services, Comcast Cable. “The World Cup is already the most watched and anticipated event in the world in any language, and we are proud to be able to deliver to our customers not only the culturally relevant content they want most, but also exclusive access to innovations, like Instant On Demand, and even more ways than ever to experience the 2014 World Cup anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
In the home, Comcast will provide an immersive viewing experience on the biggest screen in the house:
- Comcast’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand, available for the first time ever in Spanish and only on Xfinity TV, will give Spanish-speaking customers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to access all 64 World Cup matches immediately after the live broadcast begins and throughout the entire tournament exclusively via Xfinity On Demand.
- In total, Xfinity On Demand will feature approximately 300 hours, or more than 350 unique pieces of World Cup-related programming, such as replays of every match in Spanish and English, the Opening and Closing ceremonies and more. Over 200 of these On Demand choices will be in Spanish including special features and team biographies from partner networks: beIN Sports, Fox Deportes and Telemundo, as well as 16 soccer-themed films and documentaries from: Cine Sony Television, ViendoMovies, FOX Life, Discovery en Español, NUVOtv, and Cinelatino.
- The X1 Sports app will be refreshed for the World Cup and act as an interactive companion guide where our customers can quickly find, discover and directly access all of the great content available.
- The Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC), the industry’s only Spanish-language channel available at no additional charge to more than 20 million subscriber homes, will be transformed into a one-stop shop for all things World Cup, including direct links to matches, simulcasts of special Brazil 2014 programming from various Spanish-language sports networks, a news crawl, daily news updates, video and photos, results, standings and more.
For those Xfinity TV customers who want to watch World Cup action on the go, Comcast is making more options than ever available:
- For the first time, customers will be able to stream all World Cup matches in a variety of languages from the ESPN family of networks, directly accessible via Comcast’s English and Spanish-language microsite (www.xfinity.com/worldcup, www.xfinity.com/mundial), as well as through its Xfinity TV Go mobile app. In addition, Xfinity will have all 64 matches in Portuguese, select matches in Korean, as well as alternate feeds for every game via its web and mobile streams of ESPN3 Surround. Matches in Korean will be easily accessible via www.xfinity.com/asia.
- Both World Cup microsites, as well as the Xfinity TV Go app, will also include a large selection of On Demand content to stream over the Internet. The microsites will also feature the latest standings and schedules, live scores and updates, match summaries, curated news articles, as well as cross-platform tools to remote tune to a live match or On Demand asset and set a DVR recording.
- Brazil 2014 will be the first SEEiT-enabled World Cup, letting both Spanish and English-speaking customers select viewing options directly from conversations happening on Twitter, including the ability to tune their TV directly to a match, set a reminder to watch it, or even set their DVR to record it.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 543
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 221
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 324
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 394
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 408
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 506
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 28, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 306
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 28, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 237
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 184
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 389
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 175
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 329
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 431
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 28, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 207
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 28, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 240