|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
Comcast today announced it will make every 2014 FIFA World Cup match available in Spanish via the company’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand. Available for the first time ever in Spanish and only through Xfinity TV, this is the first time the company has leveraged the new technology to make such a broad selection of time-shifted content available in a language other than English.
In addition to live coverage of all 64 matches on the TV and more than 300 hours of On Demand content across devices, soccer fans can live stream matches in multiple languages via the company’s Xfinity TV microsites and Xfinity TV Go app. All 64 matches will be available for live streaming in English and Portuguese, with select matches streamed in Korean. What’s more, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC) will include direct links to matches and simulcasts of special programming with in-depth analysis of the tournament.
“The World Cup is an opportunity to provide Xfinity TV customers, particularly our Latino and multicultural subscribers with a comprehensive mix of content across multiple platforms and in multiple languages,” said Marcien Jenckes, Executive Vice President, Consumer Services, Comcast Cable. “The World Cup is already the most watched and anticipated event in the world in any language, and we are proud to be able to deliver to our customers not only the culturally relevant content they want most, but also exclusive access to innovations, like Instant On Demand, and even more ways than ever to experience the 2014 World Cup anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
In the home, Comcast will provide an immersive viewing experience on the biggest screen in the house:
- Comcast’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand, available for the first time ever in Spanish and only on Xfinity TV, will give Spanish-speaking customers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to access all 64 World Cup matches immediately after the live broadcast begins and throughout the entire tournament exclusively via Xfinity On Demand.
- In total, Xfinity On Demand will feature approximately 300 hours, or more than 350 unique pieces of World Cup-related programming, such as replays of every match in Spanish and English, the Opening and Closing ceremonies and more. Over 200 of these On Demand choices will be in Spanish including special features and team biographies from partner networks: beIN Sports, Fox Deportes and Telemundo, as well as 16 soccer-themed films and documentaries from: Cine Sony Television, ViendoMovies, FOX Life, Discovery en Español, NUVOtv, and Cinelatino.
- The X1 Sports app will be refreshed for the World Cup and act as an interactive companion guide where our customers can quickly find, discover and directly access all of the great content available.
- The Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC), the industry’s only Spanish-language channel available at no additional charge to more than 20 million subscriber homes, will be transformed into a one-stop shop for all things World Cup, including direct links to matches, simulcasts of special Brazil 2014 programming from various Spanish-language sports networks, a news crawl, daily news updates, video and photos, results, standings and more.
For those Xfinity TV customers who want to watch World Cup action on the go, Comcast is making more options than ever available:
- For the first time, customers will be able to stream all World Cup matches in a variety of languages from the ESPN family of networks, directly accessible via Comcast’s English and Spanish-language microsite (www.xfinity.com/worldcup, www.xfinity.com/mundial), as well as through its Xfinity TV Go mobile app. In addition, Xfinity will have all 64 matches in Portuguese, select matches in Korean, as well as alternate feeds for every game via its web and mobile streams of ESPN3 Surround. Matches in Korean will be easily accessible via www.xfinity.com/asia.
- Both World Cup microsites, as well as the Xfinity TV Go app, will also include a large selection of On Demand content to stream over the Internet. The microsites will also feature the latest standings and schedules, live scores and updates, match summaries, curated news articles, as well as cross-platform tools to remote tune to a live match or On Demand asset and set a DVR recording.
- Brazil 2014 will be the first SEEiT-enabled World Cup, letting both Spanish and English-speaking customers select viewing options directly from conversations happening on Twitter, including the ability to tune their TV directly to a match, set a reminder to watch it, or even set their DVR to record it.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 28, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 13,981
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,839
Ayehu provides IT Process Automation & Orchestration solutions for IT and Security professionals to identify and resolve critical incidents and enable rapid containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security breaches. Ayehu provides customers greater control over IT infrastructure through automation. Ayehu solutions have been deployed by major enterprises worldwide, and currently, support thousands of IT processes across the globe. The company has offices in New York, California, and Isr...
Feb. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 824
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 7,097
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Feb. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,079
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 704
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 28, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,041
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Feb. 28, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,819
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 914
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 27, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 9,165
Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said "No to LUNs." With Tintri they manage only virtual machines, in a fraction of the footprint and at far lower cost than conventional storage. Tintri offers the choice of all-flash or hybrid-flash platform, converged or stand-alone structure and any hypervisor. Rather than obsess with storage, leaders focus on the business app...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 751
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,308
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,177
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,971
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 1,646