|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
Comcast today announced it will make every 2014 FIFA World Cup match available in Spanish via the company’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand. Available for the first time ever in Spanish and only through Xfinity TV, this is the first time the company has leveraged the new technology to make such a broad selection of time-shifted content available in a language other than English.
In addition to live coverage of all 64 matches on the TV and more than 300 hours of On Demand content across devices, soccer fans can live stream matches in multiple languages via the company’s Xfinity TV microsites and Xfinity TV Go app. All 64 matches will be available for live streaming in English and Portuguese, with select matches streamed in Korean. What’s more, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC) will include direct links to matches and simulcasts of special programming with in-depth analysis of the tournament.
“The World Cup is an opportunity to provide Xfinity TV customers, particularly our Latino and multicultural subscribers with a comprehensive mix of content across multiple platforms and in multiple languages,” said Marcien Jenckes, Executive Vice President, Consumer Services, Comcast Cable. “The World Cup is already the most watched and anticipated event in the world in any language, and we are proud to be able to deliver to our customers not only the culturally relevant content they want most, but also exclusive access to innovations, like Instant On Demand, and even more ways than ever to experience the 2014 World Cup anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
In the home, Comcast will provide an immersive viewing experience on the biggest screen in the house:
- Comcast’s latest On Demand innovation, Instant On Demand, available for the first time ever in Spanish and only on Xfinity TV, will give Spanish-speaking customers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to access all 64 World Cup matches immediately after the live broadcast begins and throughout the entire tournament exclusively via Xfinity On Demand.
- In total, Xfinity On Demand will feature approximately 300 hours, or more than 350 unique pieces of World Cup-related programming, such as replays of every match in Spanish and English, the Opening and Closing ceremonies and more. Over 200 of these On Demand choices will be in Spanish including special features and team biographies from partner networks: beIN Sports, Fox Deportes and Telemundo, as well as 16 soccer-themed films and documentaries from: Cine Sony Television, ViendoMovies, FOX Life, Discovery en Español, NUVOtv, and Cinelatino.
- The X1 Sports app will be refreshed for the World Cup and act as an interactive companion guide where our customers can quickly find, discover and directly access all of the great content available.
- The Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel (XLEC), the industry’s only Spanish-language channel available at no additional charge to more than 20 million subscriber homes, will be transformed into a one-stop shop for all things World Cup, including direct links to matches, simulcasts of special Brazil 2014 programming from various Spanish-language sports networks, a news crawl, daily news updates, video and photos, results, standings and more.
For those Xfinity TV customers who want to watch World Cup action on the go, Comcast is making more options than ever available:
- For the first time, customers will be able to stream all World Cup matches in a variety of languages from the ESPN family of networks, directly accessible via Comcast’s English and Spanish-language microsite (www.xfinity.com/worldcup, www.xfinity.com/mundial), as well as through its Xfinity TV Go mobile app. In addition, Xfinity will have all 64 matches in Portuguese, select matches in Korean, as well as alternate feeds for every game via its web and mobile streams of ESPN3 Surround. Matches in Korean will be easily accessible via www.xfinity.com/asia.
- Both World Cup microsites, as well as the Xfinity TV Go app, will also include a large selection of On Demand content to stream over the Internet. The microsites will also feature the latest standings and schedules, live scores and updates, match summaries, curated news articles, as well as cross-platform tools to remote tune to a live match or On Demand asset and set a DVR recording.
- Brazil 2014 will be the first SEEiT-enabled World Cup, letting both Spanish and English-speaking customers select viewing options directly from conversations happening on Twitter, including the ability to tune their TV directly to a match, set a reminder to watch it, or even set their DVR to record it.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 31, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 583
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Aug. 31, 2015 09:40 AM EDT
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 31, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 121
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 31, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 198
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 532
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 393
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 224
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 403
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 482
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 450
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 396
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 348
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 370
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 134
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 466