|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 02:33 PM EDT||
Zuora, the world’s billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014 by recognizing leaders for creating great subscription experiences and deepening customer relationships. With a new record high of over 1300 attendees and 100 notable speakers, Subscribed is the only global conference uniquely designed to help companies completely reinvent their industries and modernize finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales processes.
This year’s honorees include large global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike. They have each leveraged Zuora’s award winning Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution to help build better businesses and take advantage of the $500 billion opportunity in the Subscription Economy.
The awards honor companies for innovation in the Subscription Economy, including:
- Grow Award: Innovation in launching and scaling subscription businesses. Nominees: TripAdvisor, Okta, Mindflash, Rogers.
- Flow Award: Innovation in managing complex subscription processes to drive operational efficiencies. Nominees: Vivint, Belly, HomeAway, Bettercloud, Smarsh.
- Know Award: Innovation in using data insight to improve the subscription experience. Nominees: Borderfree, Intuit, Xplornet, MLS Listings, Bettercloud.
- (Re)Inventor of the Year Award: Innovation across growth, process, and knowledge. Reinventing a company’s business, their industry, and the world. Nominees: Dell, HP, Acxiom, Honeywell.
2014 AWARDEES DEMONSTRATE INNOVATION IN THE SUBSCRIPTION ECONOMY
The Grow Award
- Okta, an enterprise-grade identity management service, won the Growth Innovation Award for leveraging Zuora to create a powerful subscription experience for their customers that allows them to buy and consume how they want.
- With over 4 million users, Okta clients such as MGM Resorts International, Chiquita Brands, Groupon, LinkedIn, and Rotary International have unprecedented latitude in adjusting their subscription term lengths, usage discounts and volume metrics.
- The ability to dynamically iterate their pricing and packaging strategy has put Okta on a remarkable growth trajectory, resulting in increased value to their customers.
The Flow Award
- Vivint is the largest home automation services provider in North America. Purchased by Blackstone for $2 billion in 2012, Vivint’s continued growth comes from rapid customer acquisition, geographic expansion and product innovation.
- Vivint’s homegrown order-to-cash system was developed to support a single service at a single price. But as it grew, manual processes and spreadsheets were impeding Vivint’s time to market, ultimately hindering its ability to best serve its customers at scale.
- Since going live with Zuora, Vivint has reduced their processing time from 35 hours to eight. With this capability, Vivint can rapidly onboard additional customers who receive an expanded set of services.
The Know Award
- Intuit creates business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013.
- Intuit QuickBase & Intuit DemandForce, two fast growing SaaS divisions, needed better insight into their customer base's subscription behavior.
- Using a streamlined reporting process from Zuora, Intuit now has access to rich subscription trends and pricing & discount analysis, giving them informed decision-making capabilities to better serve their customers.
The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award
- Acxiom, an enterprise data and analytics company that helps companies make better marketing decisions, has been awarded with The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award.
- Acxiom wanted to offer all customers the same access to big data marketing solutions that major enterprises enjoy. Their launch of the Acxiom Audience Operating System was the subscription based product they created to service this market.
- To support AOS’ success in the SMB business market, they reinvented their business model around the subscription experience. Knowing that a legacy ERP would dramatically impede time to market, Acxiom adopted a “configure not customize” approach, rolling out Zuora as their order-to-revenue platform and easily integrating it into their back-office systems.
- With the success of AOS as a recurring revenue business, Acxiom has begun to reinvent other parts of their business in search of additional growth and competitive advantage.
“Okta is thrilled to be awarded the 2014 Subscribed Grow Award. With Zuora as a partner, our customers can choose what options work best for them, helping to ensure long term customer success.” – Jake Randall, Sr. Director of Finance and Business Operations, Okta
“We are pleased to be awarded The Flow Award from Zuora for process innovation, and thrilled to be a part of Subscribed again. Our implementation of Zuora is an important part of our work, helping Vivint to scale so we can continue to serve our growing customer base with new and existing services.” – Todd Thompson, CIO, Vivint
“With Zuora, we’ve created a flexible billing platform for our QuickBase business that enables us to move fast, test, and get insights in a way we simply wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We’re very honored to have been awarded The Know Award at this year’s Subscribed conference.” – Allison Mnookin, Vice President, Intuit
“I’m very proud to say that a 40-year old organization like Acxiom has readily adopted and embraced the Subscription Economy, and we owe Zuora a lot of the credit for seamlessly enabling this shift. We are very excited to have been awarded the (Re)Invention Award by Zuora and look forward to continuing to leverage Zuora in our journey to a recurring revenue model.” – AJ Bernstein, VP, Global Shared Services, Acxiom
“Zuora customers have helped make the Subscription Economy the unstoppable force that it is today – a $500B market opportunity that’s reinventing businesses and industries everywhere,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO & Founder, Zuora. “The Subscribed awards honor a range of companies, from large enterprises to small, high growth businesses, who are flexing their innovative muscle to reinvent themselves and their industries to deliver the subscription experience that their customers demand.”
RBM is powered by Z-Business Nine, which celebrated its 63rd release, and manages the business operations of customer-centric subscription companies, similar to what traditional ERP has done for manufacturing.
About Z-Business Nine
Z-Business Nine, the latest edition of Zuora’s RBM solution, is designed help enterprises reinvent their business models by:
- Supporting rapid innovation without requiring massive investments;
- Addressing the quote-to-revenue demands of relationship-centric business models;
- Integrating seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures and;
- Meeting the highest enterprise security, scalability and audit standards.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 752
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,332
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,946
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,967
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,964
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 744
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 122
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 877
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 129
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,549
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 490
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 8,787
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,809