|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 02:33 PM EDT||
Zuora, the world’s billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014 by recognizing leaders for creating great subscription experiences and deepening customer relationships. With a new record high of over 1300 attendees and 100 notable speakers, Subscribed is the only global conference uniquely designed to help companies completely reinvent their industries and modernize finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales processes.
This year’s honorees include large global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike. They have each leveraged Zuora’s award winning Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution to help build better businesses and take advantage of the $500 billion opportunity in the Subscription Economy.
The awards honor companies for innovation in the Subscription Economy, including:
- Grow Award: Innovation in launching and scaling subscription businesses. Nominees: TripAdvisor, Okta, Mindflash, Rogers.
- Flow Award: Innovation in managing complex subscription processes to drive operational efficiencies. Nominees: Vivint, Belly, HomeAway, Bettercloud, Smarsh.
- Know Award: Innovation in using data insight to improve the subscription experience. Nominees: Borderfree, Intuit, Xplornet, MLS Listings, Bettercloud.
- (Re)Inventor of the Year Award: Innovation across growth, process, and knowledge. Reinventing a company’s business, their industry, and the world. Nominees: Dell, HP, Acxiom, Honeywell.
2014 AWARDEES DEMONSTRATE INNOVATION IN THE SUBSCRIPTION ECONOMY
The Grow Award
- Okta, an enterprise-grade identity management service, won the Growth Innovation Award for leveraging Zuora to create a powerful subscription experience for their customers that allows them to buy and consume how they want.
- With over 4 million users, Okta clients such as MGM Resorts International, Chiquita Brands, Groupon, LinkedIn, and Rotary International have unprecedented latitude in adjusting their subscription term lengths, usage discounts and volume metrics.
- The ability to dynamically iterate their pricing and packaging strategy has put Okta on a remarkable growth trajectory, resulting in increased value to their customers.
The Flow Award
- Vivint is the largest home automation services provider in North America. Purchased by Blackstone for $2 billion in 2012, Vivint’s continued growth comes from rapid customer acquisition, geographic expansion and product innovation.
- Vivint’s homegrown order-to-cash system was developed to support a single service at a single price. But as it grew, manual processes and spreadsheets were impeding Vivint’s time to market, ultimately hindering its ability to best serve its customers at scale.
- Since going live with Zuora, Vivint has reduced their processing time from 35 hours to eight. With this capability, Vivint can rapidly onboard additional customers who receive an expanded set of services.
The Know Award
- Intuit creates business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013.
- Intuit QuickBase & Intuit DemandForce, two fast growing SaaS divisions, needed better insight into their customer base's subscription behavior.
- Using a streamlined reporting process from Zuora, Intuit now has access to rich subscription trends and pricing & discount analysis, giving them informed decision-making capabilities to better serve their customers.
The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award
- Acxiom, an enterprise data and analytics company that helps companies make better marketing decisions, has been awarded with The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award.
- Acxiom wanted to offer all customers the same access to big data marketing solutions that major enterprises enjoy. Their launch of the Acxiom Audience Operating System was the subscription based product they created to service this market.
- To support AOS’ success in the SMB business market, they reinvented their business model around the subscription experience. Knowing that a legacy ERP would dramatically impede time to market, Acxiom adopted a “configure not customize” approach, rolling out Zuora as their order-to-revenue platform and easily integrating it into their back-office systems.
- With the success of AOS as a recurring revenue business, Acxiom has begun to reinvent other parts of their business in search of additional growth and competitive advantage.
“Okta is thrilled to be awarded the 2014 Subscribed Grow Award. With Zuora as a partner, our customers can choose what options work best for them, helping to ensure long term customer success.” – Jake Randall, Sr. Director of Finance and Business Operations, Okta
“We are pleased to be awarded The Flow Award from Zuora for process innovation, and thrilled to be a part of Subscribed again. Our implementation of Zuora is an important part of our work, helping Vivint to scale so we can continue to serve our growing customer base with new and existing services.” – Todd Thompson, CIO, Vivint
“With Zuora, we’ve created a flexible billing platform for our QuickBase business that enables us to move fast, test, and get insights in a way we simply wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We’re very honored to have been awarded The Know Award at this year’s Subscribed conference.” – Allison Mnookin, Vice President, Intuit
“I’m very proud to say that a 40-year old organization like Acxiom has readily adopted and embraced the Subscription Economy, and we owe Zuora a lot of the credit for seamlessly enabling this shift. We are very excited to have been awarded the (Re)Invention Award by Zuora and look forward to continuing to leverage Zuora in our journey to a recurring revenue model.” – AJ Bernstein, VP, Global Shared Services, Acxiom
“Zuora customers have helped make the Subscription Economy the unstoppable force that it is today – a $500B market opportunity that’s reinventing businesses and industries everywhere,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO & Founder, Zuora. “The Subscribed awards honor a range of companies, from large enterprises to small, high growth businesses, who are flexing their innovative muscle to reinvent themselves and their industries to deliver the subscription experience that their customers demand.”
RBM is powered by Z-Business Nine, which celebrated its 63rd release, and manages the business operations of customer-centric subscription companies, similar to what traditional ERP has done for manufacturing.
About Z-Business Nine
Z-Business Nine, the latest edition of Zuora’s RBM solution, is designed help enterprises reinvent their business models by:
- Supporting rapid innovation without requiring massive investments;
- Addressing the quote-to-revenue demands of relationship-centric business models;
- Integrating seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures and;
- Meeting the highest enterprise security, scalability and audit standards.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 473
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 909
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 255
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 248
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 237
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:51 AM EDT
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 672
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 318
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 490
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 370
eCube Systems has released NXTmonitor, a full featured application orchestration solution. NXTmonitor, which inherited the code base of NXTminder, has been extended to support multi-discipline processes and will act as a DevOps utility in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Previously, NXTminder was packaged with NXTera middleware to configure and manage Entera and NXTera RPC servers. “Since we are widening the focus of this solution to DevOps, we felt the need to change the name to NXTmon...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 228
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Sep. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 605