|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 02:33 PM EDT||
Zuora, the world’s billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014 by recognizing leaders for creating great subscription experiences and deepening customer relationships. With a new record high of over 1300 attendees and 100 notable speakers, Subscribed is the only global conference uniquely designed to help companies completely reinvent their industries and modernize finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales processes.
This year’s honorees include large global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike. They have each leveraged Zuora’s award winning Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution to help build better businesses and take advantage of the $500 billion opportunity in the Subscription Economy.
The awards honor companies for innovation in the Subscription Economy, including:
- Grow Award: Innovation in launching and scaling subscription businesses. Nominees: TripAdvisor, Okta, Mindflash, Rogers.
- Flow Award: Innovation in managing complex subscription processes to drive operational efficiencies. Nominees: Vivint, Belly, HomeAway, Bettercloud, Smarsh.
- Know Award: Innovation in using data insight to improve the subscription experience. Nominees: Borderfree, Intuit, Xplornet, MLS Listings, Bettercloud.
- (Re)Inventor of the Year Award: Innovation across growth, process, and knowledge. Reinventing a company’s business, their industry, and the world. Nominees: Dell, HP, Acxiom, Honeywell.
2014 AWARDEES DEMONSTRATE INNOVATION IN THE SUBSCRIPTION ECONOMY
The Grow Award
- Okta, an enterprise-grade identity management service, won the Growth Innovation Award for leveraging Zuora to create a powerful subscription experience for their customers that allows them to buy and consume how they want.
- With over 4 million users, Okta clients such as MGM Resorts International, Chiquita Brands, Groupon, LinkedIn, and Rotary International have unprecedented latitude in adjusting their subscription term lengths, usage discounts and volume metrics.
- The ability to dynamically iterate their pricing and packaging strategy has put Okta on a remarkable growth trajectory, resulting in increased value to their customers.
The Flow Award
- Vivint is the largest home automation services provider in North America. Purchased by Blackstone for $2 billion in 2012, Vivint’s continued growth comes from rapid customer acquisition, geographic expansion and product innovation.
- Vivint’s homegrown order-to-cash system was developed to support a single service at a single price. But as it grew, manual processes and spreadsheets were impeding Vivint’s time to market, ultimately hindering its ability to best serve its customers at scale.
- Since going live with Zuora, Vivint has reduced their processing time from 35 hours to eight. With this capability, Vivint can rapidly onboard additional customers who receive an expanded set of services.
The Know Award
- Intuit creates business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013.
- Intuit QuickBase & Intuit DemandForce, two fast growing SaaS divisions, needed better insight into their customer base's subscription behavior.
- Using a streamlined reporting process from Zuora, Intuit now has access to rich subscription trends and pricing & discount analysis, giving them informed decision-making capabilities to better serve their customers.
The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award
- Acxiom, an enterprise data and analytics company that helps companies make better marketing decisions, has been awarded with The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award.
- Acxiom wanted to offer all customers the same access to big data marketing solutions that major enterprises enjoy. Their launch of the Acxiom Audience Operating System was the subscription based product they created to service this market.
- To support AOS’ success in the SMB business market, they reinvented their business model around the subscription experience. Knowing that a legacy ERP would dramatically impede time to market, Acxiom adopted a “configure not customize” approach, rolling out Zuora as their order-to-revenue platform and easily integrating it into their back-office systems.
- With the success of AOS as a recurring revenue business, Acxiom has begun to reinvent other parts of their business in search of additional growth and competitive advantage.
“Okta is thrilled to be awarded the 2014 Subscribed Grow Award. With Zuora as a partner, our customers can choose what options work best for them, helping to ensure long term customer success.” – Jake Randall, Sr. Director of Finance and Business Operations, Okta
“We are pleased to be awarded The Flow Award from Zuora for process innovation, and thrilled to be a part of Subscribed again. Our implementation of Zuora is an important part of our work, helping Vivint to scale so we can continue to serve our growing customer base with new and existing services.” – Todd Thompson, CIO, Vivint
“With Zuora, we’ve created a flexible billing platform for our QuickBase business that enables us to move fast, test, and get insights in a way we simply wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We’re very honored to have been awarded The Know Award at this year’s Subscribed conference.” – Allison Mnookin, Vice President, Intuit
“I’m very proud to say that a 40-year old organization like Acxiom has readily adopted and embraced the Subscription Economy, and we owe Zuora a lot of the credit for seamlessly enabling this shift. We are very excited to have been awarded the (Re)Invention Award by Zuora and look forward to continuing to leverage Zuora in our journey to a recurring revenue model.” – AJ Bernstein, VP, Global Shared Services, Acxiom
“Zuora customers have helped make the Subscription Economy the unstoppable force that it is today – a $500B market opportunity that’s reinventing businesses and industries everywhere,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO & Founder, Zuora. “The Subscribed awards honor a range of companies, from large enterprises to small, high growth businesses, who are flexing their innovative muscle to reinvent themselves and their industries to deliver the subscription experience that their customers demand.”
RBM is powered by Z-Business Nine, which celebrated its 63rd release, and manages the business operations of customer-centric subscription companies, similar to what traditional ERP has done for manufacturing.
About Z-Business Nine
Z-Business Nine, the latest edition of Zuora’s RBM solution, is designed help enterprises reinvent their business models by:
- Supporting rapid innovation without requiring massive investments;
- Addressing the quote-to-revenue demands of relationship-centric business models;
- Integrating seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures and;
- Meeting the highest enterprise security, scalability and audit standards.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,742
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,671
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 866
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,720
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,968
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 350
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,554
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Dec. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 3,912
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,981
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,475
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 366
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,076
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,103
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,970
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 366