|By Business Wire||
|June 12, 2014 06:15 PM EDT||
Three companies and five funds from Northeast Ohio collectively won $17M in funding from two Ohio Third Frontier programs. This funding will enable high tech companies in the region to continue to grow and create jobs.
The Commercial Acceleration Loan Fund supports the move of products and services into meaningful market entry. Northeast Ohio companies awarded funds through the competitive process include:
- CerviLenz Inc., which won $2M, has developed an innovative medical device to help identify and manage pregnant women at high risk for preterm birth.
- Echogen Power Systems LLC, which won $1.5M, is developing and commercializing a proprietary heat recovery system for use in new market applications.
- MAR Systems Inc., which won $645,000, has developed a faster, cheaper, greener solution for the removal of heavy metal contaminants from water.
All three have received support from JumpStart and other investors or service providers in the regions.
The Pre-seed Fund Capitalization Program increases the availability of professionally managed capital and services to accelerate the growth of early-stage Ohio technology companies. These Northeast Ohio investment funds were collectively awarded $12.8M:
- Impact Angel Fund, LLC. Collaborators on the proposal were: JumpStart, TechGROWTH Ohio, Innovation Forward, LLC and 28 individual investors.
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Collaborators were Parker Hannifin Corporation, ProMedica, JumpStart, BioEnterprise Corporation, North Coast Angel Fund II and Case Western Reserve University.
- North Coast Angel Fund III. Collaborators were JumpStart, BioEnterprise, Cleveland Clinic Innovations and 47 individual investors.
- Bizdom Fund. Collaborators were Rock Ventures and The Quicken Loans Family of Companies.
- Lorain County Community College Foundation. The collaborator was Great Lakes Innovation & Development Center.
Says Jon Elsasser, Fund Manager of the Impact Angel Fund, a new fund based in Stark County: “Receiving the Third Frontier matching award is an important component of the effort to foster entrepreneurism and create new businesses and economic growth in our multi-county region. JumpStart played a key role in developing our proposal and building the credibility of our operational capacity and quality of deal flow.”
JUMPSTART INC. JumpStart is committed to strengthening the economy through entrepreneurship. The nonprofit has been accelerating the successes of diverse entrepreneurs, their high growth companies and the ecosystems that support them since 2004. For more information, visit www.jumpstartinc.org and follow @JumpStartInc on Twitter.
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,113
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,038
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,217
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,850
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,188
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,989
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 983
Oct. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 983
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 881
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,243
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,710
Oct. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
Oct. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,121