|By Marketwired .||
|June 12, 2014 06:23 PM EDT||
DES PLAINES, IL--(Marketwired - June 12, 2014) - Seventeen emergency departments across the U.S. today were awarded the prestigious Lantern Award™ from the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). The award honors emergency departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.
The Lantern Award is a visible symbol of an emergency department's commitment to quality, safety, presence of a healthy work environment and accomplishment in incorporating evidence-based practice and innovation into exceptional emergency care.
The 2014 Lantern Award recipients are:
- Advocate Children's Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department -- Oak Lawn campus (Illinois)
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Emergency Department (Illinois)
- Bethesda Arrow Springs Emergency Department -- TriHealth (Ohio)
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department (Virginia)
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center Emergency Department -- Liberty Campus (Ohio)
- Edward Hospital Emergency Department (Illinois)
- Franciscan St. Francis Health -- Indianapolis Emergency Department (Indiana)
- HCA Oak Hill Hospital Emergency Department (Florida)
- Nemours Children's Hospital Emergency Department (Florida)
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital Emergency Department (Illinois)
- Overlook Medical Center Emergency Services -- Union Campus, Atlantic Health System (New Jersey)
- Sharp Memorial Hospital Emergency Department (California)
- Swedish Medical Center -- Ballard Emergency Department (Washington)
- Swedish Medical Center -- Edmonds Emergency Department (Washington)
- University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children's Emergency Department (Ohio)
- University of Michigan Hospital & Health Centers -- C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, Children's Emergency Services (Michigan)
- University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics Emergency Department (Wisconsin)
"These 17 emergency departments serve as true models of excellence for their commitment to quality care, safety, and presence of a healthy work environment," said ENA president Deena Brecher, MSN, RN, APN, ACNS-BC, CEN, CPEN. "It is important for us to recognize that these hospitals are at the forefront of emergency care. We look forward to sharing their best practices with ENA members who are all committed to exceptional performance."
All emergency departments are eligible to apply for the Lantern Award, but only a select few meet the highest excellence standards. The rigorous application process requires emergency departments to submit detailed performance metrics, narratives and exemplar responses. A team of reviewers thoroughly evaluate the submissions through a blinded review process.
Recipients will be recognized at an awards gala during the 2014 ENA Annual Conference October 7-11 in Indianapolis. Award recipients are also recognized through use of the official Lantern Award seal and a physical award to display in their emergency department. The award period is three years and recipients have the option to re-apply at the end of their award period.
The Lantern Award is named in honor of Florence Nightingale, who is credited with changing nursing from an untrained job to a skilled, science-based profession. She is referred to as the "Lady of the Lamp" for her actions during the Crimean War when she worked deep into the night, bringing a lantern with her as she tended to wounded British soldiers as they slept.
The application for the 2015 Lantern Award will be available in October 2014.
The Lantern Award is a registered trademark of the Emergency Nurses Association.
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is the premier professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing through advocacy, education, research, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA has proven to be an indispensable resource to the global emergency nursing community. With more than 40,000 members worldwide, ENA advocates for patient safety, develops industry-leading practice standards and guidelines, and guides emergency healthcare public policy. ENA members have expertise in triage, patient care, disaster preparedness, and nearly all aspects of emergency care. Additional information is available at www.ena.org.
The following files are available for download:
Communications & PR Manager, ENA
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 932
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,640
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 833
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 535
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 976
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,955
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,810
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 668
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,026
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,644
Oct. 23, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 880
Oct. 23, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 982
Oct. 23, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,520
Oct. 23, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,429
Oct. 23, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 430