|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
TOKYO, JAPAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has bagged top honors in two award categories at Interop Tokyo 2014, further demonstrating the company's commitment to deliver innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers. The Juniper Networks® SRX5400 Series Services Gateway, received the Best of Show Award Grand Prix in the ShowNet Product category and the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Security category while the Juniper Networks Contrail won the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Cloud Platform category.
Juniper Networks Contrail designed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), enables service providers to use dynamically chained virtual machines running on industry-standard high-volume servers, switches and storage in place of many types of network equipment.
The Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway is a multi-service, next generation security platform for data centers and large enterprise campuses that leverages the company's new services processing cards (SPCs) and input/output cards (IOCs) to provide market-leading connectivity, performance and service integration.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 130,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
The Best of Show Awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2014. Juniper Networks has been an award recipient at every Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway
- The high performance and High-IQ SRX5400 supports a wide range of services, enabling future support for new capabilities without the need for service-specific hardware.
- Based on the same chassis and backplane design as Juniper Networks MX Series Universal Edge routing platform, the SRX5400 offers 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity options -- the first firewall to support a 100GbE interface. This will allow customers to scale their security solution seamlessly as their traffic grows.
- The compact five RU device can deliver up to 65 Gbps firewall throughput, 22 Gbps of IPS performance, and can handle 450,000 new connections per second and 28 million concurrent user sessions.
- With the IOCs sharing the same switch fabric slot interface as the SPCs, the architecture of the SRX5400 Services Gateway enables customers to configure the device as needed to support the ideal balance of processing and input/output.
- The SRX5400 can also run next generation firewall protection with application awareness via Juniper Networks AppSecure, user role-based firewall controls, and Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- AppSecure is a suite of application security capabilities that identifies applications for greater visibility, enforcement, control, and protection of the network.
- User role-based firewall capabilities are integrated with the SRX Series Services Gateways for standard next generation firewall controls. More extensive, scalable, granular access controls for creating dynamic policies are available through the integrations of SRX with a Juniper Unified Access Control solution.
- Unified Threat Management delivers content security against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and content filtering services.
Juniper Networks Contrail
- Juniper Networks Contrail is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks, seamlessly integrating with physical routers and switches to eliminate the challenges of private and public cloud networking.
- Juniper Networks Contrail integrates with OpenStack and CloudStack via a plugin, extending the open source cloud orchestration and management platform's capabilities to provide a complete, Layer 3 overlay-based network virtualization solution.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is showing tremendous momentum leading up to its one year anniversary, with more than 20 paying enterprise and service provider customers since launch, including Cloud Dynamics and Cyberport.
- Juniper Networks Firefly Perimeter, a virtual firewall based on the SRX Services Gateway delivered in a virtual machine form factor, is one of a number of solutions used to demonstrate security service chaining. Other virtualized network service solutions shown running on Juniper's NVF Platform included Riverbed's SteelApp application delivery controller and Sonus Networks' SBC SWe session border controller.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway and Contrail. The next-generation performance and versatile security capabilities of the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway deliver the capital efficiency, service agility and operational scale needed for next-generation enterprise applications. And, Contrail continues to lead the market for SDN-enabled cloud data centers and NFV service chaining. We have half a dozen cloud orchestration partners and more than a dozen technology developers already involved in delivering virtualized network service solution on our platform, making its value even stronger."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx5400/
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 997
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 548
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 711
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,368
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 248
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,178
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 209
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction an...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 479
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 165
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,059
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 455
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,245
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,155