|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
TOKYO, JAPAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has bagged top honors in two award categories at Interop Tokyo 2014, further demonstrating the company's commitment to deliver innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers. The Juniper Networks® SRX5400 Series Services Gateway, received the Best of Show Award Grand Prix in the ShowNet Product category and the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Security category while the Juniper Networks Contrail won the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Cloud Platform category.
Juniper Networks Contrail designed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), enables service providers to use dynamically chained virtual machines running on industry-standard high-volume servers, switches and storage in place of many types of network equipment.
The Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway is a multi-service, next generation security platform for data centers and large enterprise campuses that leverages the company's new services processing cards (SPCs) and input/output cards (IOCs) to provide market-leading connectivity, performance and service integration.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 130,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
The Best of Show Awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2014. Juniper Networks has been an award recipient at every Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway
- The high performance and High-IQ SRX5400 supports a wide range of services, enabling future support for new capabilities without the need for service-specific hardware.
- Based on the same chassis and backplane design as Juniper Networks MX Series Universal Edge routing platform, the SRX5400 offers 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity options -- the first firewall to support a 100GbE interface. This will allow customers to scale their security solution seamlessly as their traffic grows.
- The compact five RU device can deliver up to 65 Gbps firewall throughput, 22 Gbps of IPS performance, and can handle 450,000 new connections per second and 28 million concurrent user sessions.
- With the IOCs sharing the same switch fabric slot interface as the SPCs, the architecture of the SRX5400 Services Gateway enables customers to configure the device as needed to support the ideal balance of processing and input/output.
- The SRX5400 can also run next generation firewall protection with application awareness via Juniper Networks AppSecure, user role-based firewall controls, and Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- AppSecure is a suite of application security capabilities that identifies applications for greater visibility, enforcement, control, and protection of the network.
- User role-based firewall capabilities are integrated with the SRX Series Services Gateways for standard next generation firewall controls. More extensive, scalable, granular access controls for creating dynamic policies are available through the integrations of SRX with a Juniper Unified Access Control solution.
- Unified Threat Management delivers content security against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and content filtering services.
Juniper Networks Contrail
- Juniper Networks Contrail is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks, seamlessly integrating with physical routers and switches to eliminate the challenges of private and public cloud networking.
- Juniper Networks Contrail integrates with OpenStack and CloudStack via a plugin, extending the open source cloud orchestration and management platform's capabilities to provide a complete, Layer 3 overlay-based network virtualization solution.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is showing tremendous momentum leading up to its one year anniversary, with more than 20 paying enterprise and service provider customers since launch, including Cloud Dynamics and Cyberport.
- Juniper Networks Firefly Perimeter, a virtual firewall based on the SRX Services Gateway delivered in a virtual machine form factor, is one of a number of solutions used to demonstrate security service chaining. Other virtualized network service solutions shown running on Juniper's NVF Platform included Riverbed's SteelApp application delivery controller and Sonus Networks' SBC SWe session border controller.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway and Contrail. The next-generation performance and versatile security capabilities of the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway deliver the capital efficiency, service agility and operational scale needed for next-generation enterprise applications. And, Contrail continues to lead the market for SDN-enabled cloud data centers and NFV service chaining. We have half a dozen cloud orchestration partners and more than a dozen technology developers already involved in delivering virtualized network service solution on our platform, making its value even stronger."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx5400/
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 455
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,737
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,085
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 304
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 938
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,148
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,005
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,099
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,703
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,522
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,639
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 383
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,294