|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
TOKYO, JAPAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has bagged top honors in two award categories at Interop Tokyo 2014, further demonstrating the company's commitment to deliver innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers. The Juniper Networks® SRX5400 Series Services Gateway, received the Best of Show Award Grand Prix in the ShowNet Product category and the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Security category while the Juniper Networks Contrail won the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Cloud Platform category.
Juniper Networks Contrail designed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), enables service providers to use dynamically chained virtual machines running on industry-standard high-volume servers, switches and storage in place of many types of network equipment.
The Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway is a multi-service, next generation security platform for data centers and large enterprise campuses that leverages the company's new services processing cards (SPCs) and input/output cards (IOCs) to provide market-leading connectivity, performance and service integration.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 130,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
The Best of Show Awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2014. Juniper Networks has been an award recipient at every Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway
- The high performance and High-IQ SRX5400 supports a wide range of services, enabling future support for new capabilities without the need for service-specific hardware.
- Based on the same chassis and backplane design as Juniper Networks MX Series Universal Edge routing platform, the SRX5400 offers 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity options -- the first firewall to support a 100GbE interface. This will allow customers to scale their security solution seamlessly as their traffic grows.
- The compact five RU device can deliver up to 65 Gbps firewall throughput, 22 Gbps of IPS performance, and can handle 450,000 new connections per second and 28 million concurrent user sessions.
- With the IOCs sharing the same switch fabric slot interface as the SPCs, the architecture of the SRX5400 Services Gateway enables customers to configure the device as needed to support the ideal balance of processing and input/output.
- The SRX5400 can also run next generation firewall protection with application awareness via Juniper Networks AppSecure, user role-based firewall controls, and Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- AppSecure is a suite of application security capabilities that identifies applications for greater visibility, enforcement, control, and protection of the network.
- User role-based firewall capabilities are integrated with the SRX Series Services Gateways for standard next generation firewall controls. More extensive, scalable, granular access controls for creating dynamic policies are available through the integrations of SRX with a Juniper Unified Access Control solution.
- Unified Threat Management delivers content security against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and content filtering services.
Juniper Networks Contrail
- Juniper Networks Contrail is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks, seamlessly integrating with physical routers and switches to eliminate the challenges of private and public cloud networking.
- Juniper Networks Contrail integrates with OpenStack and CloudStack via a plugin, extending the open source cloud orchestration and management platform's capabilities to provide a complete, Layer 3 overlay-based network virtualization solution.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is showing tremendous momentum leading up to its one year anniversary, with more than 20 paying enterprise and service provider customers since launch, including Cloud Dynamics and Cyberport.
- Juniper Networks Firefly Perimeter, a virtual firewall based on the SRX Services Gateway delivered in a virtual machine form factor, is one of a number of solutions used to demonstrate security service chaining. Other virtualized network service solutions shown running on Juniper's NVF Platform included Riverbed's SteelApp application delivery controller and Sonus Networks' SBC SWe session border controller.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway and Contrail. The next-generation performance and versatile security capabilities of the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway deliver the capital efficiency, service agility and operational scale needed for next-generation enterprise applications. And, Contrail continues to lead the market for SDN-enabled cloud data centers and NFV service chaining. We have half a dozen cloud orchestration partners and more than a dozen technology developers already involved in delivering virtualized network service solution on our platform, making its value even stronger."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx5400/
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,969
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,671
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,371
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,051
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,793
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,810
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,137
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,709
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,860
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,585
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,463