|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
TOKYO, JAPAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has bagged top honors in two award categories at Interop Tokyo 2014, further demonstrating the company's commitment to deliver innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers. The Juniper Networks® SRX5400 Series Services Gateway, received the Best of Show Award Grand Prix in the ShowNet Product category and the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Security category while the Juniper Networks Contrail won the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Cloud Platform category.
Juniper Networks Contrail designed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), enables service providers to use dynamically chained virtual machines running on industry-standard high-volume servers, switches and storage in place of many types of network equipment.
The Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway is a multi-service, next generation security platform for data centers and large enterprise campuses that leverages the company's new services processing cards (SPCs) and input/output cards (IOCs) to provide market-leading connectivity, performance and service integration.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 130,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
The Best of Show Awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2014. Juniper Networks has been an award recipient at every Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway
- The high performance and High-IQ SRX5400 supports a wide range of services, enabling future support for new capabilities without the need for service-specific hardware.
- Based on the same chassis and backplane design as Juniper Networks MX Series Universal Edge routing platform, the SRX5400 offers 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity options -- the first firewall to support a 100GbE interface. This will allow customers to scale their security solution seamlessly as their traffic grows.
- The compact five RU device can deliver up to 65 Gbps firewall throughput, 22 Gbps of IPS performance, and can handle 450,000 new connections per second and 28 million concurrent user sessions.
- With the IOCs sharing the same switch fabric slot interface as the SPCs, the architecture of the SRX5400 Services Gateway enables customers to configure the device as needed to support the ideal balance of processing and input/output.
- The SRX5400 can also run next generation firewall protection with application awareness via Juniper Networks AppSecure, user role-based firewall controls, and Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- AppSecure is a suite of application security capabilities that identifies applications for greater visibility, enforcement, control, and protection of the network.
- User role-based firewall capabilities are integrated with the SRX Series Services Gateways for standard next generation firewall controls. More extensive, scalable, granular access controls for creating dynamic policies are available through the integrations of SRX with a Juniper Unified Access Control solution.
- Unified Threat Management delivers content security against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and content filtering services.
Juniper Networks Contrail
- Juniper Networks Contrail is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks, seamlessly integrating with physical routers and switches to eliminate the challenges of private and public cloud networking.
- Juniper Networks Contrail integrates with OpenStack and CloudStack via a plugin, extending the open source cloud orchestration and management platform's capabilities to provide a complete, Layer 3 overlay-based network virtualization solution.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is showing tremendous momentum leading up to its one year anniversary, with more than 20 paying enterprise and service provider customers since launch, including Cloud Dynamics and Cyberport.
- Juniper Networks Firefly Perimeter, a virtual firewall based on the SRX Services Gateway delivered in a virtual machine form factor, is one of a number of solutions used to demonstrate security service chaining. Other virtualized network service solutions shown running on Juniper's NVF Platform included Riverbed's SteelApp application delivery controller and Sonus Networks' SBC SWe session border controller.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway and Contrail. The next-generation performance and versatile security capabilities of the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway deliver the capital efficiency, service agility and operational scale needed for next-generation enterprise applications. And, Contrail continues to lead the market for SDN-enabled cloud data centers and NFV service chaining. We have half a dozen cloud orchestration partners and more than a dozen technology developers already involved in delivering virtualized network service solution on our platform, making its value even stronger."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx5400/
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 666
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,110
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,632
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 890
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 646
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,089
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,978
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:12 AM EDT Reads: 168
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,322
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:50 AM EDT Reads: 207
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,555
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,262
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 693
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,644