|By Business Wire||
|June 13, 2014 06:59 AM EDT||
The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) and the Presidential Search/Nomination Committee (PSC) in Korea announced an open recruitment for a second IBS president to serve five-year term. The recruitment will last for forty days, starting from Monday, May 26 until the closing date, Friday, July 4.
IBS is a government-funded research institute that has been developed with the sole purpose of driving forward the development of basic science. IBS is committed to identifying, developing and advancing discoveries in basic science and groundbreaking technology through world-class basic science research. IBS is seeking candidates who have strong leadership skills and a compelling vision to lead the institute into the future as a globally-recognized frontrunner in basic science.
This announcement is now available in both domestic and internationally prestigious journals and media including Nature, Science, the Chronicle of Higher Education, etc. to attract leaders who are actively engaged in basic science on the global stage.
Applicants should prepare all required documents including an application form (or letter of recommendation from an organization or institution), introductory letter, duty execution plan, etc.
All application materials should be submitted by 18:00 (KST), Friday, July 4, 2014 either in person at IBS, via mail or online. For more detailed information on the new IBS president invitation, please visit http://www.ibs.re.kr/president/ or call the Planning & Budgeting Team at IBS +82-42-878-8159.
[Appendix] IBS President Invitation Announcement
- Position: IBS President - The Institute for Basic Science in Daejeon, South Korea
- Term of Position: Five years after the appointment date
- Compelling vision and strategic thinking to lead IBS as a global research institute
- Expert knowledge and significant experience in basic science and scientific policies
- Recognized leadership skills in managing and directing a scientific research organization
- Demonstrated ability to innovate within an organization
- Is not subject to disqualification in accordance with Article 9 of the Articles of Incorporation of IBS
- To Apply
Please visit http://www.ibs.re.kr/president/ to submit the required documents, or mail the documents to the address below:
Planning & Budgeting Team, Institute for Basic Science
70, Yuseong-daero 1689-gil, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea (305-811)
● Required Documents
|Individual Candidate||Recommended by Organization or Institution*|
※ List of Recognized Organizations and Institutions: The Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies, The Korean Academy of Science Technology, The National Academy of Engineering of Korea, etc. (For the complete list, please visit www.ibs.re.kr/president)
- Closing Date
18:00 (KST) Friday, July 4, 2014
※ Please submit the required documents by the closing date.
- Submitted documents shall be used for application review only, and shall not be returned.
- Incorrect information may result in the revocation of nomination for the position.
- Matters regarding evaluation criteria, procedures, appointment, contracts, etc. for foreign applicants shall comply with all Korean laws and IBS regulations.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
Sep. 25, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,469
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 909
Sep. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,397
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,583
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,236
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,809
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,552
Sep. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
Sep. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,758
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,525
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,611
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 838