|By Business Wire||
|June 13, 2014 03:01 PM EDT||
Made Man (www.MadeMan.com), a leading men’s lifestyle destination owned by DEFY Media celebrates dads with “For Fathers,” a month-long tribute to fathers everywhere. The program launches with several original video series and special editorial content including, “For Fathers” which takes a look at inspiring, real life stories of what it means to be a father, “Dads of our Lives” featuring RJ Mitte, Matthew Lawrence and Zachery Ty Bryan as they give a virtual “thank you” to some of pop culture’s most iconic TV dads: Walter White from Breaking Bad, Mrs. Doubtfire and Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. The Made Man “Dad Cave” hub offers unique gift guides with inspired ideas for every type of dad, sharable quizzes, e-cards and features from guest dad bloggers, only available on Made Man.
“‘For Fathers’ presents us with a wonderful opportunity to pay tribute to the men that help mold us into what we will ultimately become,” noted Barry Blumberg, EVP, DEFY Media. “It’s execution across our premium brands allows us to approach stories from multiple perspectives resulting in engaging content which is both heartwarming and funny.”
Kicking off this week, Made Man’s “For Fathers” launches a series of original video content inspired by real life stories as well as some of pop culture’s most famous dads.
- “For Fathers” – This series takes a closer look at the relationship between aspiring vocalist Demille Cole and his grandpa Charles. Charles has sacrificed a lot to give his grandson unconditional love and support, including a potential singing career. Demille and his Grandpa will get the surprise of a lifetime, thanks to a little help from our friends at NBC’s The TODAY Show. Tune in on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 15 to see the big reveal. A second feature highlights Joel Elliot, a father who has been fighting for his eight year old daughter Hannah, who suffers from Selective Mutism. The video captures the excitement when Made Man surprises Joel and his family by flying in expert care for their daughter.
- “Dads of Our Lives” – Tune in to this three episodes series featuring RJ Mitte (Breaking Bad), Matthew Lawrence (Mrs. Doubtfire) and Zachary Ty Bryan (Home Improvement) as they send tongue-in-cheek Father’s Day messages to their famous TV fathers: Walter White, Mrs. Doubtfire and Tim “the tool man” Taylor, respectively.
DEFY Media properties SMOSH, Screen Junkies, Break, Clevver and others join “For Fathers” to celebrate their own dads in original videos for “Bring Your Father to Work Week.” YouTube partners Greg Benson/MediocreFilms and JStuStudios also created videos for the program.
- Break - Comedian Howie Mandel spends the day at work with his producer son, Alex, to shoot a prank video for the number one comedy video site, Break.
- SMOSH - Ian and Anthony’s Dads join them for a special “Lunchtime with Dads” episode while the SMOSH Games crew brings their dads in for special episodes, “Minecraft with Mari’s Dad” and “Backseat Gaming with our Dads”
- Clevver – Clevver hosts Dana Ward, Joslyn Davis and the rest of the team will bring their dads in for special segments of Clevver News, Daily Hollywood Rundown and more
- Made Man - A special Father’s Day themed episode of Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins featuring Orange is the New Black star Jason Biggs is now live!
- Screen Junkies - Nick Mundy and his dad do a tag team rant on “How To Fix,” hosted by Hal Rudnick
Tune in all month long to MadeMan.com or http://www.mademan.com/for-fathers/. The program also includes a “Thank Your Dad” Tweetstakes, where users are encouraged to thank their dads on Twitter using #ForFathers for a chance to win a “Handcrafted for Dad” prize pack.The full release schedule of For Fathers content is below:
Monday, 6/9: Screen Junkies, “Dads
of our Lives: RJ Mitte”
Monday, 6/9: Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins featuring Orange is the New Black’s Jason Biggs
Monday, 6/9: SMOSH Games, “Minecraft Arson with Mari’s Dad”
Monday, 6/9: SMOSH, “Lunchtime with Our Dads!”
Monday, 6/9: Greg Benson/MediocreFilms, “Father’s Day Shopping Prank”
Monday, 6/9: Clevver News, “Slang Terms That Your Dad Doesn’t Know”
Tuesday, 6/10: SMOSH Games, “Backseat Gaming with our Dads”
Tuesday, 6/10: Break, Hanky Pranky, “Jail Bait Lotion Prank Featuring Howie Mandel”
Tuesday, 6/10: Made Man, “Dads of Our Lives: Matthew Lawrence”
Wednesday, 6/11: Clevver Movies, “Movie Poster Challenge - Father’s Day Edition”
Wednesday, 6/11: Made Man, “Dads of Our Lives: Zachery Ty Bryan”
Thursday, 6/12: Clevver News Daily Hollywood Rundown, “Take Your Dad to Work”
Thursday, 6/12: Screen Junkies’ Nick Mundy, “How to Fix the Expendables”
Friday, 6/13: Made Man, “For Fathers: Joel Elliot”
Friday, 6/13: Clevver Music, “Dads Read Pop Song Lyrics!”
Saturday, 6/14: Clevver News, Rumor Patrol, “Dad Knows Best”
Saturday, 6/14: Clevver TV, “Celebs Get Advice From Dads”
Monday, 6/16: Made Man, “For Fathers: Demille Cole”
Check out the newly redesigned Made Man at www.MadeMan.com and connect on social media:
About Defy Media
DEFY Media is the definitive media company for the digital generation, formed by the 2013 merger of Alloy Digital and Break Media. The merger united two companies with strong legacies and expertise in creating influential and culturally significant entertainment properties for 12-34 year old consumers. DEFY Media creates some of the most popular content in digital under its leading portfolio of brands, including Break, Clevver, Made Man, SMOSH, Screen Junkies, The Gloss, and The Escapist, together reaching over 155 million consumers monthly through owned web, YouTube, mobile, social, and emerging OTT platforms. The world’s top brands partner with DEFY to build immersive advertising solutions that deliver unparalleled access to this influential audience. With uniquely integrated capabilities in content development, studio production, distribution and promotion, DEFY Media is built for content delivery in the digital age. Please visit us at www.DEFYMedia.com.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:30 AM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 353
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 145
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 166
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 462
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 409
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 502
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 404
Aug. 31, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 372
Aug. 31, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 31, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 523
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for ‘normal’ companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, founder and chief executive officer of Nimboxx, will discuss the evolution of virtualization (hardware, application, memory, storage) and how commodity / open source hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) so...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:45 PM EDT