|By Marketwired .||
|June 16, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CARPINTERIA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/16/14 -- lynda.com, a leading online learning company, today announced the release of its iOS 7 mobile application, enabling billions of people to watch thousands of courses teaching business, technology and creative skills, anytime, anywhere. The company also announced Google Chromecast support for its Android mobile application and other new iOS and Android mobile features, all designed to provide users with a richer, more seamless mobile learning experience.
lynda.com's new and enhanced applications provide the industry's most comprehensive mobile learning offerings and give people convenient access to its entire course library through most iOS and Android mobile devices. With nearly 120,000 videos contained in more than 2,600 courses, lynda.com subscribers have access to high quality material taught by industry experts in business, technology, design and photography. Non-members can browse courses and watch free videos on a variety of topics to get a feel for the lynda.com course collection.
"Advances in mobile make it possible for nearly everyone -- working professionals, commuters, moms, students and others to take advantage of learning on the go," said Frits Habermann, lynda.com CTO and Head of Product. "The capabilities announced today allow all users to move seamlessly between mobile and desktop applications, making learning easier, more accessible and more convenient than ever before."
New Mobile Features:
- Visual, intuitive interface - The lynda.com iOS application takes advantage of the latest operating system's enhanced visual experience and more intuitive interface, and also resizes the application to fit on different-sized screens.
- Offline course and individual video viewing - Both the iOS and Android applications feature download-for-later offline course and individual video viewing, making it easy and convenient to learn even in environments without Internet access.
- Google Chromecast support - lynda.com's Chromecast support for Android devices allows members to send videos from their mobile devices to their TVs, providing a big-screen, learning experience. With the new Android application, lynda.com members can use their mobile device to remotely browse, control and interact with videos on their TV.
Other new Android application features include:
- Resume viewing - Members can move seamlessly between mobile and desktop devices, and pick up exactly where they left off watching a video or working on a course.
- Recommendations - Members can view personalized course recommendations on mobile and desktop devices.
- New Courses - Android users can view new lynda.com courses the minute they are released, on any subject and skill-level, in a single place.
The new mobile applications are now available in Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and Apple App Store and can be downloaded to any Android tablet or phone with an Android 2.3 or later operating system or any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 7.
lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Through individual, corporate, academic and government subscriptions, members have access to the lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts. The company also provides German-, French- and Spanish-language content under the video2brain brand name.
lynda.com, Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Carpinteria, California with offices in San Francisco, London, Sydney and Graz and is funded in part by Accel Partners, Spectrum Equity and Meritech Capital Partners.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,122
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 416
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 544
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 246
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 479
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 171
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 181
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334