|By Marketwired .||
|June 16, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/16/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Life sciences organizations running clinical trials are challenged to aggregate, reconcile, manage, and control a growing deluge of data from internal and external sources. In addition, clinical development is an increasingly networked and collaborative discipline across companies, which further complicates the data management landscape. These factors, as well as continued pressure to boost clinical program productivity and reduce the cost and risk of clinical trials, are driving a critical need for a new approach to clinical data management and warehousing. Oracle introduced Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench to help meet these needs.
Using Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench, researchers can integrate, reconcile and analyze clinical data faster and more accurately, which automates data load, transform and cleanse processes. As a result, study sponsors can make faster, more informed decisions that improve control, support adaptive studies and accelerate clinical trials and time to market.
- Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench enables health sciences organizations to accelerate clinical studies and boost program productivity while helping to drive down the cost and risk of clinical trials.
- The solution, which is integrated with Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub, automatically aggregates, integrates and reconciles the rapidly growing volume of data that clinical trials collect from internal and external data sources, including electronic data capture, laboratory, safety/pharmacovigilance, and drug supply systems. By doing so, it helps dramatically decrease the complexity of data management and reduce the cost of clinical trials.
- In addition, the solution automates the normalization and transformation of multi-source data to create a single source of truth for all stakeholders in the clinical development process and helps enable rapid analysis to drive faster, more informed decisions.
- By providing this standardized data transformation, Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench helps significantly increase efficiency by enabling researchers to pool data from multiple studies for program development and submission.
- Also, by increasing data integration and standardizing data formats throughout the study process, Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench automates the identification and correction of discrepancies in multi-source data that can jeopardize the validity of a study. As a result, the solution helps reduce costs and accelerate database lock.
- The standardized data formats used within the system are repeatable and reusable, which reduces the time and cost of trial set-up.
- Using Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench, organizations can also streamline compliance thanks to full traceability of data discrepancies as well as comprehensive security and audit trail capabilities.
- Focused on helping health sciences organizations of all sizes create clinical trial management environments that increase efficiency and can scale with their needs, Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench integrates with Oracle Health Sciences InForm to enable automated, bi-directional and real-time information flow between the systems. The integration helps improve data integrity across the enterprise and virtually eliminates the need to rekey data.
"As the industry's only true end-to-end data management solution, Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench enables health sciences organizations to improve clinical program productivity and reduce costs and risk by reducing study cycle times, improving data quality and decision making," said Steve Rosenberg, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences.
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm
- Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench
- Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,556
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 7,541
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,587
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,326
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,561
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,254
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,261
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,030
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 704
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,193
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,330
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,916
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,507
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 905
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,339