|By Elizabeth White||
|June 16, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Red Hat, Inc. on Monday announced the launch of several updated system administration training courses and certification exams, to teach and qualify students on how to install, configure, deploy, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The courses continue to feature a hands-on, lab-based environment to provide IT professionals with the skill-sets they need to implement and maintain Linux deployments. The new curriculum places greater emphasis on enterprise administration skills including command line administration, shell scripting, diagnostics and troubleshooting. The courses will be available via traditional classrooms, live virtual training, online, or on-site at customers locations for private team training.
Celebrating 15 years of preparing professionals for open innovation, Red Hat Training courses benefit both students and the companies they work for by delivering some of the most comprehensive curricula regarding Red Hat technology. Oriented around real-world job roles and tasks, Red Hat's training and certifications help enterprises have confidence that their IT departments are getting the most out of their Red Hat environments.
In addition to the more than 40 training courses Red Hat Training currently offers, the updated courses include:
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) – This course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools such as systemd. It is part one of a two-part course pairing to provide students with the core system administration tasks needed to earn their RHCSA and to be a full time Linux administrator.
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) – This course is specifically designed for students who have completed RH124. It dives deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, LVM, SELinux, firewalld, and accessing storage with SMB and NFS. Together with Red Hat System Administration I, it can help prepare a candidate for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) – This course is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I and II, but at an accelerated pace. On completion of course materials, experienced Linux admins should be prepared to take the RHCSA exam.
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) – Available soon, this course is for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent skills, and focuses on deploying and managing advanced network server services, including: caching DNS services, MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with NFS and SMB, iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. This course can also help candidates in their preparation for the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
- RHCE Certification Lab (RH299) - Available soon, this course (formerly known as the RHCE Rapid Track Course) is designed for students seeking a hands-on, lab-based review prior to taking the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam. It reviews the labs from RHCSA Rapid Track Course and Red Hat® System Administration III to prepare for the Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (EX300).
The updated exams include:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (EX200) - The performance-based RHCSA Exam (EX200) tests an IT professionals Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration knowledge and skills.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam (EX300) – Available soon, the performance-based RHCE Exam (EX300) tests an IT professionals knowledge, skill, and ability to meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,264
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,662
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,025
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,852
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,465
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,151
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,048
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 896
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 801
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,516
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,534
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,068
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Mar. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 10,254