|By Elizabeth White||
|June 16, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Red Hat, Inc. on Monday announced the launch of several updated system administration training courses and certification exams, to teach and qualify students on how to install, configure, deploy, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The courses continue to feature a hands-on, lab-based environment to provide IT professionals with the skill-sets they need to implement and maintain Linux deployments. The new curriculum places greater emphasis on enterprise administration skills including command line administration, shell scripting, diagnostics and troubleshooting. The courses will be available via traditional classrooms, live virtual training, online, or on-site at customers locations for private team training.
Celebrating 15 years of preparing professionals for open innovation, Red Hat Training courses benefit both students and the companies they work for by delivering some of the most comprehensive curricula regarding Red Hat technology. Oriented around real-world job roles and tasks, Red Hat's training and certifications help enterprises have confidence that their IT departments are getting the most out of their Red Hat environments.
In addition to the more than 40 training courses Red Hat Training currently offers, the updated courses include:
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) – This course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools such as systemd. It is part one of a two-part course pairing to provide students with the core system administration tasks needed to earn their RHCSA and to be a full time Linux administrator.
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) – This course is specifically designed for students who have completed RH124. It dives deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, LVM, SELinux, firewalld, and accessing storage with SMB and NFS. Together with Red Hat System Administration I, it can help prepare a candidate for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) – This course is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I and II, but at an accelerated pace. On completion of course materials, experienced Linux admins should be prepared to take the RHCSA exam.
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) – Available soon, this course is for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent skills, and focuses on deploying and managing advanced network server services, including: caching DNS services, MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with NFS and SMB, iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. This course can also help candidates in their preparation for the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
- RHCE Certification Lab (RH299) - Available soon, this course (formerly known as the RHCE Rapid Track Course) is designed for students seeking a hands-on, lab-based review prior to taking the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam. It reviews the labs from RHCSA Rapid Track Course and Red Hat® System Administration III to prepare for the Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (EX300).
The updated exams include:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (EX200) - The performance-based RHCSA Exam (EX200) tests an IT professionals Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration knowledge and skills.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam (EX300) – Available soon, the performance-based RHCE Exam (EX300) tests an IT professionals knowledge, skill, and ability to meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,077
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 25, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,697
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 940
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,007
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 950
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,120
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,305
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 915
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,149
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 604
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,021
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,031
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,613