|By Marketwired .||
|June 16, 2014 01:08 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/16/14 -- drchrono Inc., the creator of a free Electronic Health Record (EHR) platform on the iPad, iPhone and cloud, today announced it has integrated Google Glass into its EHR platform to build the first Wearable Health Record (WHR), creating a total mobile wearable medical experience for physicians.
For the first time, doctors can be hands free while looking at medical records allowing them to be focused completely on the patient. The future of a doctor is one where they have an iPad, an iPhone, a laptop and Glass all connected through a mobile EHR platform so they can operate efficiently and spend more one-on-one time with patients instead of processing paperwork.
Michael Nusimow, CEO and co-founder of drchrono, said, "The iPad was a new consumption device that changed the world, and now we are seeing that doctors want to use more and more hands-free technology. Glass is one of the first of its kind to do this. A physician wants to practice medicine and not be burdened with all of the paperwork that goes on in the practice. We knew this would be an important app to integrate into our EHR platform, and we're excited to now offer this to doctors using drchrono."
Some of the interesting use cases for Glass and drchrono are:
- Taking pictures in any setting by just saying, "OK GLASS, TAKE A PICTURE," e.g. during surgery a doctor can take a picture that will be pulled into the patient's medical record without his having to touch anything that could get his hands infected;
- Recording videos of patient encounters or medical surgeries to document, so that medical staff and scribes can code in asynchronous time offline, and view the video to add codes after the encounter;
- Real-time data streaming of patient encounters so that doctors can have other physicians, patients' family members, or scribes watching anywhere in the world while the physician can focus on the patient 100 percent;
- Flipping through patient profiles on the heads-up display -- with the tap of a finger, physicians can quickly preview a list of all of the patients they are seeing for the day;
- Getting real-time notifications about who has come into the office with alerts about patients coming in or needing help;
- Reviewing medical data about patients hands free.
Bill Metaxas, DPM, who recently started using drchrono and Glass in his San Francisco practice, said, "This is a game-changing device; I am amazed at how well drchrono and Glass help the documentation process during patient encounters. It's a big time saver." He added, "I can see Glass becoming an integral part of the norm in a physician's workflow."
drchrono is also expanding its platform integration with Box by enabling medical data captured with Glass to be available on Box's cloud content platform. Missy Krasner, Managing Director of Healthcare and Life Sciences at Box, said, "Doctors want better workflow for capturing clinical documentation. Glass provides faster alternatives to standard data collection and capture. By partnering with Box, drchrono can broaden its data-sharing options by allowing relevant medical content to be securely shared with patients, family members and other providers involved in patient care."
drchrono focuses on Apple's iPad, iPhone and cloud computing to build a better healthcare experience. The company offers a free EHR platform built on the iPad that is Meaningful Use-certified. drchrono's iPad EHR is the first to implement real-time clinical speech-to-text, patient eligibility checks and iPad-based medical billing. drchrono handles everything doctors need to run their practice, including medical records, electronic prescribing, medical billing and patient management. For more information, visit https://drchrono.com.
The drchrono iPad EHR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by InfoGard Laboratories, an ONC-ATCB, as a complete EHR in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. drchrono version 9.0 was Stage 1 certified on June 3, 2011. The ONC certification ID number is IG-2492-11-0083.
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,623
Sep. 28, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,467
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,800
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,722
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,829
Sep. 28, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,989
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,644
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,608
Sep. 28, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 464
Sep. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,121
Sep. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,769
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,986