|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) and its next generation Smart Weapons. These orders were received in and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2014.
Significant TASER Weapon orders:
- Cobb County Police Department (GA): 94 TASER® X2 Smart Weapons, upgrade
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department (OH): 180 TASER® X26P Smart Weapons
- Fort Worth Police Department (TX): 296 X2s
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GA): 104 X2s, upgrade
- Harris County Constable Precinct 4 (TX): 100 X26Ps
- Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department (TX): 225 X26Ps
- Houston Police Department (TX): 183 X2s, upgrade
- Illinois State Police Academy (IL): 259 X2s with TASER® Cam HD recorders
- Iowa State Patrol (IA): 507 X26Ps with 25 TASER Cam HD records
- International order: 252 X2s
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (CA): 883 X26Ps
- Miami Springs Police Department (FL): 50 X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders, upgrade
- Parker Police Department (CO): 65 X2s with TAP
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Department (FL): 111 X26Ps
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- US Marshals Special Operations Group (LA): X26Ps
- Alpharetta Department of Public Safety (GA): X26Ps
- Allegheny County Police Department (PA): X2s
- American Samoa Department of Public Safety (AS): X26Ps
- Anne Arundel County Police Department (MD): X26Ps
- Royal Barbados Police Force: X26Ps
- Beavercreek Police Department (OH): X26Ps
- Brownsville Police Department (TN): X2s
- California State University Police - Channel Islands (CA): X26Ps
- Dauphin County Adult Probation/Parole (PA): X2s
- Del Norte County Sheriff's Office (CA): X2s and X26Ps, upgrade
- Denton County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Des Moines County Corrections Center (IA): X26Ps with TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- Early County Sheriff's Department (GA): X26Ps
- Farmington Police Department (NM): X26Ps
- Florida Atlantic University Police (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Francis Marion Campus Police Department (SC): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders, TAP
- Georgia Department of Driver Services (GA): X26Ps
- Grand Prairie Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Hamilton Police Department (AL): X26Ps with TAP
- Hanover County Sheriff's Office (VA): X26Ps
- Hanson Police Department (MA): X2s
- Henderson Police Department (NV): X26Ps, upgrade
- Hermiston Police Department (OR): X26Ps with TAP
- Isle of Wight County Sheriff (VA): X2s and X26Ps
- Jackson Police Department (TN): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Laurinburg Police Department (NC): X26Ps
- Lompoc Police Department (CA): X2s with TAP
- Louisville Police Department (KY): X2s
- Maumee Police Department (OH): X2s, upgrade
- North Las Vegas Police Department (NV): X2s
- Oregon State Police (OR): X2s
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (FL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Park City Police Department (KS): X26Ps with TAP
- Radcliff Police Department (KY): X2s
- Red Rocks Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy (CO): X26Ps
- Richmond County Sheriff's Office (GA): X2s and X26Ps
- Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Skokie Police Department (IL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Suffolk Police Department (VA): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Three Affiliated Tribes Police (ND): X2s with TAP
- Troutdale Police Department (OR): X26Ps
- Victoria Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Warrior Police Department (AL): X26Ps
- Zavala County Sheriff Office (TX): X2s with TAP
- X2 Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x2/press-images-2/
- X26P Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x26p/press-images/
TASER Social Media Links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/71228
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 126,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, TASER X2, TASER Cam HD, and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at [email protected].
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2618849
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 207
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,120
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 414
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 541
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 238
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 341
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 478
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 349
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 168
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 180
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 672
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334