|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) and its next generation Smart Weapons. These orders were received in and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2014.
Significant TASER Weapon orders:
- Cobb County Police Department (GA): 94 TASER® X2 Smart Weapons, upgrade
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department (OH): 180 TASER® X26P Smart Weapons
- Fort Worth Police Department (TX): 296 X2s
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GA): 104 X2s, upgrade
- Harris County Constable Precinct 4 (TX): 100 X26Ps
- Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department (TX): 225 X26Ps
- Houston Police Department (TX): 183 X2s, upgrade
- Illinois State Police Academy (IL): 259 X2s with TASER® Cam HD recorders
- Iowa State Patrol (IA): 507 X26Ps with 25 TASER Cam HD records
- International order: 252 X2s
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (CA): 883 X26Ps
- Miami Springs Police Department (FL): 50 X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders, upgrade
- Parker Police Department (CO): 65 X2s with TAP
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Department (FL): 111 X26Ps
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- US Marshals Special Operations Group (LA): X26Ps
- Alpharetta Department of Public Safety (GA): X26Ps
- Allegheny County Police Department (PA): X2s
- American Samoa Department of Public Safety (AS): X26Ps
- Anne Arundel County Police Department (MD): X26Ps
- Royal Barbados Police Force: X26Ps
- Beavercreek Police Department (OH): X26Ps
- Brownsville Police Department (TN): X2s
- California State University Police - Channel Islands (CA): X26Ps
- Dauphin County Adult Probation/Parole (PA): X2s
- Del Norte County Sheriff's Office (CA): X2s and X26Ps, upgrade
- Denton County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Des Moines County Corrections Center (IA): X26Ps with TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- Early County Sheriff's Department (GA): X26Ps
- Farmington Police Department (NM): X26Ps
- Florida Atlantic University Police (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Francis Marion Campus Police Department (SC): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders, TAP
- Georgia Department of Driver Services (GA): X26Ps
- Grand Prairie Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Hamilton Police Department (AL): X26Ps with TAP
- Hanover County Sheriff's Office (VA): X26Ps
- Hanson Police Department (MA): X2s
- Henderson Police Department (NV): X26Ps, upgrade
- Hermiston Police Department (OR): X26Ps with TAP
- Isle of Wight County Sheriff (VA): X2s and X26Ps
- Jackson Police Department (TN): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Laurinburg Police Department (NC): X26Ps
- Lompoc Police Department (CA): X2s with TAP
- Louisville Police Department (KY): X2s
- Maumee Police Department (OH): X2s, upgrade
- North Las Vegas Police Department (NV): X2s
- Oregon State Police (OR): X2s
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (FL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Park City Police Department (KS): X26Ps with TAP
- Radcliff Police Department (KY): X2s
- Red Rocks Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy (CO): X26Ps
- Richmond County Sheriff's Office (GA): X2s and X26Ps
- Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Skokie Police Department (IL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Suffolk Police Department (VA): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Three Affiliated Tribes Police (ND): X2s with TAP
- Troutdale Police Department (OR): X26Ps
- Victoria Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Warrior Police Department (AL): X26Ps
- Zavala County Sheriff Office (TX): X2s with TAP
- X2 Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x2/press-images-2/
- X26P Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x26p/press-images/
TASER Social Media Links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/71228
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 126,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, TASER X2, TASER Cam HD, and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at [email protected].
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2618849
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 331
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 151
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 561
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 382
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 30, 2015 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 488
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 115
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 517
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 384
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 389
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 383
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 428
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 472
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 207
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 429
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 323