|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) and its next generation Smart Weapons. These orders were received in and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2014.
Significant TASER Weapon orders:
- Cobb County Police Department (GA): 94 TASER® X2 Smart Weapons, upgrade
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department (OH): 180 TASER® X26P Smart Weapons
- Fort Worth Police Department (TX): 296 X2s
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GA): 104 X2s, upgrade
- Harris County Constable Precinct 4 (TX): 100 X26Ps
- Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department (TX): 225 X26Ps
- Houston Police Department (TX): 183 X2s, upgrade
- Illinois State Police Academy (IL): 259 X2s with TASER® Cam HD recorders
- Iowa State Patrol (IA): 507 X26Ps with 25 TASER Cam HD records
- International order: 252 X2s
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (CA): 883 X26Ps
- Miami Springs Police Department (FL): 50 X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders, upgrade
- Parker Police Department (CO): 65 X2s with TAP
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Department (FL): 111 X26Ps
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- US Marshals Special Operations Group (LA): X26Ps
- Alpharetta Department of Public Safety (GA): X26Ps
- Allegheny County Police Department (PA): X2s
- American Samoa Department of Public Safety (AS): X26Ps
- Anne Arundel County Police Department (MD): X26Ps
- Royal Barbados Police Force: X26Ps
- Beavercreek Police Department (OH): X26Ps
- Brownsville Police Department (TN): X2s
- California State University Police - Channel Islands (CA): X26Ps
- Dauphin County Adult Probation/Parole (PA): X2s
- Del Norte County Sheriff's Office (CA): X2s and X26Ps, upgrade
- Denton County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Des Moines County Corrections Center (IA): X26Ps with TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- Early County Sheriff's Department (GA): X26Ps
- Farmington Police Department (NM): X26Ps
- Florida Atlantic University Police (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Francis Marion Campus Police Department (SC): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders, TAP
- Georgia Department of Driver Services (GA): X26Ps
- Grand Prairie Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Hamilton Police Department (AL): X26Ps with TAP
- Hanover County Sheriff's Office (VA): X26Ps
- Hanson Police Department (MA): X2s
- Henderson Police Department (NV): X26Ps, upgrade
- Hermiston Police Department (OR): X26Ps with TAP
- Isle of Wight County Sheriff (VA): X2s and X26Ps
- Jackson Police Department (TN): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Laurinburg Police Department (NC): X26Ps
- Lompoc Police Department (CA): X2s with TAP
- Louisville Police Department (KY): X2s
- Maumee Police Department (OH): X2s, upgrade
- North Las Vegas Police Department (NV): X2s
- Oregon State Police (OR): X2s
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (FL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Park City Police Department (KS): X26Ps with TAP
- Radcliff Police Department (KY): X2s
- Red Rocks Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy (CO): X26Ps
- Richmond County Sheriff's Office (GA): X2s and X26Ps
- Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Skokie Police Department (IL): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Suffolk Police Department (VA): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Three Affiliated Tribes Police (ND): X2s with TAP
- Troutdale Police Department (OR): X26Ps
- Victoria Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Warrior Police Department (AL): X26Ps
- Zavala County Sheriff Office (TX): X2s with TAP
- X2 Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x2/press-images-2/
- X26P Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/law-enforcement-products/taser-cews/x26p/press-images/
TASER Social Media Links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/71228
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 126,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, TASER X2, TASER Cam HD, and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at [email protected].
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2618849
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 5,200
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,608
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,092
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,678
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,400
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 934
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 623
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 747
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, a Developer Advocate with IBM Cloud Data Services, discussed...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 3,326
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,569
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,806
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,083
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 3,815
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 5, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,159
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 920