|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:23 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- Summer is at the height of travel season, bringing tourists from all over the world to San Diego. The pinnacle of summer fun is the Fourth of July. Whether it is events for budget-friendly families or luxury-seeking singles, San Diego has Fourth of July fun in spades. From beaches to bars, there is something for everyone to do here.
1. 4th of July Picnic and Fireworks at La Jolla Shores: This popular beach has beautiful, clear water, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and more fun. The nearby Kellogg Park is a great place for a picnic. Get there early to snag parking and stay all day to enjoy the fireworks scheduled over the La Jolla cove.
2. Ocean Beach Pier: Spend the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants, and bars in downtown Ocean Beach. Picnic with family and friends, play in the ocean, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach, or shop along Newport Avenue. Top it off by enjoying the fireworks set off on the Ocean Beach Pier.
3. The Coronado Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks: Take the ferry over from San Diego to Coronado for some active fun. Save a spot for the Independence Day Parade, then get some exercise by participating in the Annual Independence Day 15k Run-5k Run/Walk at Tideland Park or the Annual Rough Water Swim at Coronado City Beach. Cap it off by watching the fireworks over Glorietta Bay.
4. The Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade and Family Fun Day: This all-day event is sure to please everyone. The 40-year tradition begins with a pancake breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day in the Park includes carnival rides, food, and entertainment which is interrupted only for the annual 4th of July parade.
5. San Diego Big Bay Boom: Event officials expect more than 850,000 people to attend the largest fireworks event in San Diego. Fireworks will discharge simultaneously from barges strategically placed around the bay. View the spectacle from several sites, like Shelter Island, Harbor Island, or the Embacadero area. Shuttles will be available both to and from the event.
6. IndepeDANCE Fireworks Party Cruise: Bring the party from land to water by celebrating the Fourth of July on a yacht. Enjoy 360-degree views of San Diego while aboard this floating party. The cruise is open to all ages with a fully stocked bar, a state of the art multimedia system, and a dance floor to dance the night away.
7. San Diego Red, White & Brew PubCrawl: It's a marathon, not a sprint for this event. This bar crawl will keep the party moving through the Gaslamp District. Experience over a dozen bars and venues with drink specials and a VIP after party. The crawl begins at Taste and Thirst in downtown San Diego.
8. San Diego County Fair Fourth of July: Spend the day at the San Diego County Fair and enjoy the grandstand events like the Hometown Heroes Parade and the Navy Band. The highlight of the day will be the fireworks display, visible from anywhere in the fairgrounds.
9. Old Fashioned 4th of July: Go back in time and mark the Fourth of July turn-of-the century style at Old Poway Park. The old west themed event will have live music, patriotic arts and crafts, fun old-fashioned games, iron working demonstrations, and a photo opportunity with Uncle Sam.
10. July 4th at the Maritime Museum: View the fireworks in San Diego Bay from the Maritime Museum of San Diego while exploring historic ships like the Star of India or HMS Surprise. The museum will fire its genuine Napoleon Cannons to herald the start of the show. Other events at the museum include a picnic aboard theBerkley and firework cruises aboard the Californian and Pilot.
Visitors planning a vacation to San Diego for the Fourth of July can't go wrong with these fun activities and events throughout the city!
When it comes to finding out the most complete and current information about what is happening in and around San Diego, tourists and locals alike visit SanDiego.com. As a comprehensive travel guide to San Diego, anyone wishing to visit the area or who lives in San Diego and wants to learn the latest happenings in the city will find everything they need to know about hotels, attractions, theme-parks, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, local events and more by checking SanDiego.com.
Editor For SanDiego.com
Phone: (858) 454-5900 x10302
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,985
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,175
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 598
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,056
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,334
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 450
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,271
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 611
SYS-CON Events announced today that Impiger Technologies will exhibit in Booth #109 at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Impiger Technologies is a world-class, enterprise software product engineering company specializing in Mobile Application Development, Cloud Applications, Microsoft Technology Solutions, Web Technology and Telecom Services. Impiger Technologies helps enterprises improve busi...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:44 PM EDT Reads: 235
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 559
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 608
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:17 PM EDT Reads: 253
As companies adopt the cloud-to-streamline workflow, deployment hasn’t been very seamless because of IT concerns surrounding security risks. The cloud offers many benefits, but protecting and securing information can be tricky across multiple cloud providers and remains IT’s overall responsibility. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Simon Bain, CEO of SearchYourCloud, will address security compliance issues associated with cloud applications and how document-level encryption is critical for sup...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:48 PM EDT Reads: 312