|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:23 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- Summer is at the height of travel season, bringing tourists from all over the world to San Diego. The pinnacle of summer fun is the Fourth of July. Whether it is events for budget-friendly families or luxury-seeking singles, San Diego has Fourth of July fun in spades. From beaches to bars, there is something for everyone to do here.
1. 4th of July Picnic and Fireworks at La Jolla Shores: This popular beach has beautiful, clear water, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and more fun. The nearby Kellogg Park is a great place for a picnic. Get there early to snag parking and stay all day to enjoy the fireworks scheduled over the La Jolla cove.
2. Ocean Beach Pier: Spend the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants, and bars in downtown Ocean Beach. Picnic with family and friends, play in the ocean, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach, or shop along Newport Avenue. Top it off by enjoying the fireworks set off on the Ocean Beach Pier.
3. The Coronado Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks: Take the ferry over from San Diego to Coronado for some active fun. Save a spot for the Independence Day Parade, then get some exercise by participating in the Annual Independence Day 15k Run-5k Run/Walk at Tideland Park or the Annual Rough Water Swim at Coronado City Beach. Cap it off by watching the fireworks over Glorietta Bay.
4. The Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade and Family Fun Day: This all-day event is sure to please everyone. The 40-year tradition begins with a pancake breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day in the Park includes carnival rides, food, and entertainment which is interrupted only for the annual 4th of July parade.
5. San Diego Big Bay Boom: Event officials expect more than 850,000 people to attend the largest fireworks event in San Diego. Fireworks will discharge simultaneously from barges strategically placed around the bay. View the spectacle from several sites, like Shelter Island, Harbor Island, or the Embacadero area. Shuttles will be available both to and from the event.
6. IndepeDANCE Fireworks Party Cruise: Bring the party from land to water by celebrating the Fourth of July on a yacht. Enjoy 360-degree views of San Diego while aboard this floating party. The cruise is open to all ages with a fully stocked bar, a state of the art multimedia system, and a dance floor to dance the night away.
7. San Diego Red, White & Brew PubCrawl: It's a marathon, not a sprint for this event. This bar crawl will keep the party moving through the Gaslamp District. Experience over a dozen bars and venues with drink specials and a VIP after party. The crawl begins at Taste and Thirst in downtown San Diego.
8. San Diego County Fair Fourth of July: Spend the day at the San Diego County Fair and enjoy the grandstand events like the Hometown Heroes Parade and the Navy Band. The highlight of the day will be the fireworks display, visible from anywhere in the fairgrounds.
9. Old Fashioned 4th of July: Go back in time and mark the Fourth of July turn-of-the century style at Old Poway Park. The old west themed event will have live music, patriotic arts and crafts, fun old-fashioned games, iron working demonstrations, and a photo opportunity with Uncle Sam.
10. July 4th at the Maritime Museum: View the fireworks in San Diego Bay from the Maritime Museum of San Diego while exploring historic ships like the Star of India or HMS Surprise. The museum will fire its genuine Napoleon Cannons to herald the start of the show. Other events at the museum include a picnic aboard theBerkley and firework cruises aboard the Californian and Pilot.
Visitors planning a vacation to San Diego for the Fourth of July can't go wrong with these fun activities and events throughout the city!
When it comes to finding out the most complete and current information about what is happening in and around San Diego, tourists and locals alike visit SanDiego.com. As a comprehensive travel guide to San Diego, anyone wishing to visit the area or who lives in San Diego and wants to learn the latest happenings in the city will find everything they need to know about hotels, attractions, theme-parks, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, local events and more by checking SanDiego.com.
Editor For SanDiego.com
Phone: (858) 454-5900 x10302
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,190
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,435
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,233
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,254
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,411
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,757
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,088
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,427
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,455
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,029
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,203
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,101
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,245
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,824