|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:23 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- Summer is at the height of travel season, bringing tourists from all over the world to San Diego. The pinnacle of summer fun is the Fourth of July. Whether it is events for budget-friendly families or luxury-seeking singles, San Diego has Fourth of July fun in spades. From beaches to bars, there is something for everyone to do here.
1. 4th of July Picnic and Fireworks at La Jolla Shores: This popular beach has beautiful, clear water, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and more fun. The nearby Kellogg Park is a great place for a picnic. Get there early to snag parking and stay all day to enjoy the fireworks scheduled over the La Jolla cove.
2. Ocean Beach Pier: Spend the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants, and bars in downtown Ocean Beach. Picnic with family and friends, play in the ocean, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach, or shop along Newport Avenue. Top it off by enjoying the fireworks set off on the Ocean Beach Pier.
3. The Coronado Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks: Take the ferry over from San Diego to Coronado for some active fun. Save a spot for the Independence Day Parade, then get some exercise by participating in the Annual Independence Day 15k Run-5k Run/Walk at Tideland Park or the Annual Rough Water Swim at Coronado City Beach. Cap it off by watching the fireworks over Glorietta Bay.
4. The Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade and Family Fun Day: This all-day event is sure to please everyone. The 40-year tradition begins with a pancake breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day in the Park includes carnival rides, food, and entertainment which is interrupted only for the annual 4th of July parade.
5. San Diego Big Bay Boom: Event officials expect more than 850,000 people to attend the largest fireworks event in San Diego. Fireworks will discharge simultaneously from barges strategically placed around the bay. View the spectacle from several sites, like Shelter Island, Harbor Island, or the Embacadero area. Shuttles will be available both to and from the event.
6. IndepeDANCE Fireworks Party Cruise: Bring the party from land to water by celebrating the Fourth of July on a yacht. Enjoy 360-degree views of San Diego while aboard this floating party. The cruise is open to all ages with a fully stocked bar, a state of the art multimedia system, and a dance floor to dance the night away.
7. San Diego Red, White & Brew PubCrawl: It's a marathon, not a sprint for this event. This bar crawl will keep the party moving through the Gaslamp District. Experience over a dozen bars and venues with drink specials and a VIP after party. The crawl begins at Taste and Thirst in downtown San Diego.
8. San Diego County Fair Fourth of July: Spend the day at the San Diego County Fair and enjoy the grandstand events like the Hometown Heroes Parade and the Navy Band. The highlight of the day will be the fireworks display, visible from anywhere in the fairgrounds.
9. Old Fashioned 4th of July: Go back in time and mark the Fourth of July turn-of-the century style at Old Poway Park. The old west themed event will have live music, patriotic arts and crafts, fun old-fashioned games, iron working demonstrations, and a photo opportunity with Uncle Sam.
10. July 4th at the Maritime Museum: View the fireworks in San Diego Bay from the Maritime Museum of San Diego while exploring historic ships like the Star of India or HMS Surprise. The museum will fire its genuine Napoleon Cannons to herald the start of the show. Other events at the museum include a picnic aboard theBerkley and firework cruises aboard the Californian and Pilot.
Visitors planning a vacation to San Diego for the Fourth of July can't go wrong with these fun activities and events throughout the city!
When it comes to finding out the most complete and current information about what is happening in and around San Diego, tourists and locals alike visit SanDiego.com. As a comprehensive travel guide to San Diego, anyone wishing to visit the area or who lives in San Diego and wants to learn the latest happenings in the city will find everything they need to know about hotels, attractions, theme-parks, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, local events and more by checking SanDiego.com.
Editor For SanDiego.com
Phone: (858) 454-5900 x10302
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 6,222
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,428
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,898
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 5,699
The unique combination of Amazon Web Services and Cloud Raxak, a Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a seamless and cost-effective way of securely moving on-premise IT workloads to Amazon Web Services. Any enterprise can now leverage the cloud, manage risk, and maintain continuous security compliance. Forrester's analysis shows that enterprises need automated security to lower security risk and decrease IT operational costs. Through the seamless integration into Amazon Web Services, ...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,741
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 530
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 421
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 9,392
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,728
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,621
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 7,689
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 17, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,739
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 17, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 4,064
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,950