|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:23 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- Summer is at the height of travel season, bringing tourists from all over the world to San Diego. The pinnacle of summer fun is the Fourth of July. Whether it is events for budget-friendly families or luxury-seeking singles, San Diego has Fourth of July fun in spades. From beaches to bars, there is something for everyone to do here.
1. 4th of July Picnic and Fireworks at La Jolla Shores: This popular beach has beautiful, clear water, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and more fun. The nearby Kellogg Park is a great place for a picnic. Get there early to snag parking and stay all day to enjoy the fireworks scheduled over the La Jolla cove.
2. Ocean Beach Pier: Spend the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants, and bars in downtown Ocean Beach. Picnic with family and friends, play in the ocean, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach, or shop along Newport Avenue. Top it off by enjoying the fireworks set off on the Ocean Beach Pier.
3. The Coronado Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks: Take the ferry over from San Diego to Coronado for some active fun. Save a spot for the Independence Day Parade, then get some exercise by participating in the Annual Independence Day 15k Run-5k Run/Walk at Tideland Park or the Annual Rough Water Swim at Coronado City Beach. Cap it off by watching the fireworks over Glorietta Bay.
4. The Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade and Family Fun Day: This all-day event is sure to please everyone. The 40-year tradition begins with a pancake breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day in the Park includes carnival rides, food, and entertainment which is interrupted only for the annual 4th of July parade.
5. San Diego Big Bay Boom: Event officials expect more than 850,000 people to attend the largest fireworks event in San Diego. Fireworks will discharge simultaneously from barges strategically placed around the bay. View the spectacle from several sites, like Shelter Island, Harbor Island, or the Embacadero area. Shuttles will be available both to and from the event.
6. IndepeDANCE Fireworks Party Cruise: Bring the party from land to water by celebrating the Fourth of July on a yacht. Enjoy 360-degree views of San Diego while aboard this floating party. The cruise is open to all ages with a fully stocked bar, a state of the art multimedia system, and a dance floor to dance the night away.
7. San Diego Red, White & Brew PubCrawl: It's a marathon, not a sprint for this event. This bar crawl will keep the party moving through the Gaslamp District. Experience over a dozen bars and venues with drink specials and a VIP after party. The crawl begins at Taste and Thirst in downtown San Diego.
8. San Diego County Fair Fourth of July: Spend the day at the San Diego County Fair and enjoy the grandstand events like the Hometown Heroes Parade and the Navy Band. The highlight of the day will be the fireworks display, visible from anywhere in the fairgrounds.
9. Old Fashioned 4th of July: Go back in time and mark the Fourth of July turn-of-the century style at Old Poway Park. The old west themed event will have live music, patriotic arts and crafts, fun old-fashioned games, iron working demonstrations, and a photo opportunity with Uncle Sam.
10. July 4th at the Maritime Museum: View the fireworks in San Diego Bay from the Maritime Museum of San Diego while exploring historic ships like the Star of India or HMS Surprise. The museum will fire its genuine Napoleon Cannons to herald the start of the show. Other events at the museum include a picnic aboard theBerkley and firework cruises aboard the Californian and Pilot.
Visitors planning a vacation to San Diego for the Fourth of July can't go wrong with these fun activities and events throughout the city!
When it comes to finding out the most complete and current information about what is happening in and around San Diego, tourists and locals alike visit SanDiego.com. As a comprehensive travel guide to San Diego, anyone wishing to visit the area or who lives in San Diego and wants to learn the latest happenings in the city will find everything they need to know about hotels, attractions, theme-parks, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, local events and more by checking SanDiego.com.
Editor For SanDiego.com
Phone: (858) 454-5900 x10302
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 331
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,010
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,094
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 335
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 689
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,900
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 672
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:49 PM EDT Reads: 287
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,782
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 590
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,143
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,145