|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:54 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- It's finally warm out! Some would even say it's hot. And, with the official first day of summer occurring this upcoming weekend, we can expect the temperatures to continue to climb. The travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, suggest now's the time to start planning some creative ways to cool down this summer and are here to help with their list of 11 Swimming Holes around the World. These scenic spots go far beyond your typical day at the beach, the lake or the pool.
Here are five swimming holes located in North America where you can enjoy Mother Nature's beauty and cool down from summer's heat at the same time.
- Hamilton Pool Preserve, Hamilton, Texas, United States - If you think Texas is just big hats and fancy boots, you're sorely mistaken. It's also home to some of the most beautiful swimming holes in the States -- and they get all the more popular during hot Texan summers. The Hamilton Pool (about 160 kilometres from Austin, Texas) is an impressive natural pool hidden away in a cavernous space. You'll see a 15-metre waterfall from Hamilton Creek above leading into the shaded waters.
- Little River Canyon, Alabama, United States - Join others in the 19-kilometre-long Little River Canyon, surrounded by cliffs and gigantic sandstone jump-off points jutting from the waters. Most of the water runs along the top of Lookout Mountain from northwestern Georgia to the river's end in Fort Payne, Alabama, making it one of the longest mountaintop rivers in the U.S.. Leap into the waters from one of three rope swings outside the hole.
- Enfield and Lucifer Falls, Ithaca, New York, United States - Avoid the sweltering city heat and head into upstate New York. Just outside Ithaca, you can visit the Robert H. Treman Park and all the falls that come with it. While the main attraction may be the 35-metre Lucifer Waterfall, the lesser-known Enfield (or Lower) Falls is just as beautiful. Take a walk around the reservation and park to see about a dozen waterfalls in all before splashing in at the foot of Enfield Falls.
- Cummins Falls State Park, Tennessee, United States - Situated halfway between Nashville and Knoxville, this swimming hole is not for amateurs. Visitors will have to hike, wade and climb to get to the rope that walks you down to the water's edge. The waterfall reigns high above its visitors at 22 metres high. Though the hike is only 4 kilometres, the level of activity makes it one for adventure seekers.
- Cyprus Lake Grotto, Ontario, Canada - Cyprus Lake Grotto in Ontario is a stunning, turquoise-coloured watering hole surrounded by a large cave. Hikers love it -- it's by far the most popular attraction in Bruce Peninsula National Park, which sees thousands of visitors a year and spreads out over 97 kilometres. The cave was formed by waves breaking along the rock formation from nearby Georgian Bay over the course of time. In addition to swimming, try your hand at kayaking or visit another traveller favourite, Indian Head Cove.
The swimming holes that round out our list for a memorable summer plunge are: Ik Kil, Cenote, Mexico; Blue Lagoon, Reykjavik, Iceland; The Blue Hole, Ochos Rios, Jamaica; Fairy Pool, Scotland; Erawan Waterfall, Thailand; and Devil's Pool, Zimbabwe. To read the cool details on these and see Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 Swimming Holes around the World, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/take-the-plunge-11-swimming-holes-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2619680
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,623
Sep. 28, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,467
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,800
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,722
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,829
Sep. 28, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,989
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,644
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,608
Sep. 28, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 464
Sep. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,121
Sep. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,769
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,986