|By Marketwired .||
|June 18, 2014 03:05 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/14 -- TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX), a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software, today announced that top businesses across a variety of industries have gathered this week at TIBCO's annual Transform Europe 2014 user forum. The conference brings together diverse leaders to discuss business challenges, and how Fast Data solutions can improve their operations and customer experiences. Businesses attending Transform Europe 2014 -- held in Paris, Rotterdam and Milan on June 17, 18 and 19, respectively -- include leaders in high-performance materials, semiconductors, sports, construction, smart home solutions and airlines.
Many businesses are taking in massive amounts of data, but the data loses value if they can't make sense of it in real time to make better decisions. It's not enough to just capture Big Data -- to optimize positive outcomes from it, businesses need to continuously process and analyze data and then act on the information, at the right time. This concept is called Fast Data -- processing Big Data in real time to gain instant awareness and take instant action.
More than 4,000 of the world's leading companies are using TIBCO's Fast Data solutions to improve efficiency and customer experience, including:
- Stade Toulousain: Known for its prestigious rugby team that has been champions of France many times over, and also four-time European champions, Stade Toulousain manages a wide variety of activities -- ticketing, subscriptions, shops, restaurants, etc. Given the breadth of activities that they manage, their relationship with supporters is particularly strategic. For over a year, TIBCO Software has supported Stade Toulousain in its digital transformation, aimed at exploiting the full potential of the data they capture and the information they generate from their business activities. TIBCO integration, event processing and analytics solutions provide Stade Toulousain a multichannel view of their outlets and a 360 degrees view of their supporters, allowing them to interact with and engage their network based on personalized knowledge. The objectives are to increase sales of tickets and merchandise, develop awareness, drive sponsorship, and efficiently manage suppliers. This technology strategy aims to make Stade Toulousain the "revered rugby brand" and give fans the chance to engage with the brand throughout the year, both on match days and non-match days.
- Saint-Gobain S.A: Saint-Gobain Services RH France has harnessed TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform across its HR function to allow it to capture and deploy business processes in a format and language that can be easily understood and adopted by its employees. As the shared HR services division at Saint-Gobain France, they provide business processes to more than 350 correspondents comprising subsidiaries, departments and business units. The objective is to allow a consistent and centralized governance of shared HR processes, as well as the tracking and registering of the actions making up each process (e.g. closing a salary payment process). As part of the deployment plan, TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform is provided to Saint-Gobain Services RH France through a SaaS model in order to accelerate the deployment of the solution, which is planned to be hosted on-premises at a later stage.
TIBCO's Fast Data Portfolio
Fast Data is not a single technology, but a spectrum of approaches including a robust and scalable information bus that is able to collect, move, interpret and act upon huge amounts of unstructured information in as little time as possible. Other TIBCO products that enable companies to harness the power of Fast Data include:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0: the latest version of the TIBCO business process management (BPM) suite that makes organizations more effective in adapting to a constantly changing environment. Every second, millions of events are produced by people, processes and systems, across an enterprise. ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0 provides processes flexible enough to react to the right events in real time, ushering in event-driven BPM, so businesses can react to events as they happen, have contextual conversations across all channels, and ultimately improve business outcomes while enhancing their customer's overall experience.
- TIBCO Spotfire® 6.5: the latest version of the TIBCO leading analytics platform brings to market a user-friendly approach, empowering organizations to build unique applications that can seamlessly connect to diverse data sources, and new spatial data sources, enabling users to create rich visualizations. This helps companies generate new levels of insight and discovery quickly, giving them instant awareness and allowing them to take instant action.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.1: the next generation of the flagship TIBCO product and leading integration solution offers a productive design environment that enables organizations to act in real time by making data available, reliable and actionable. It provides a single platform to transform Big Data into Fast Data, vastly improving business processes across all channels. The extensive connectivity and openness of the solution lets users create their own functions and connectors, speeding up and reducing the complexity of integration enabling a great quality of service while keeping the cost of ownership low.
Each of these products are loosely coupled, but can be tightly integrated to create the ultimate Fast Data solution. For more information about how some of Europe's top companies are using Fast Data, visit www.tibco.com. For more on Transform Europe 2014, visit: http://transform.tibco.com/.
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it's optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® -- the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, Two-Second Advantage, Spotfire, ActiveMatrix, BusinessWorks, Nimbus and TIBCO Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
TIBCO Software Inc.
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 311
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 3, 2015 07:45 AM EDT
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 122
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 414
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 501
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,586
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 493
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 522
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 732
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,644