|By Marketwired .||
|June 18, 2014 03:05 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/14 -- TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX), a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software, today announced that top businesses across a variety of industries have gathered this week at TIBCO's annual Transform Europe 2014 user forum. The conference brings together diverse leaders to discuss business challenges, and how Fast Data solutions can improve their operations and customer experiences. Businesses attending Transform Europe 2014 -- held in Paris, Rotterdam and Milan on June 17, 18 and 19, respectively -- include leaders in high-performance materials, semiconductors, sports, construction, smart home solutions and airlines.
Many businesses are taking in massive amounts of data, but the data loses value if they can't make sense of it in real time to make better decisions. It's not enough to just capture Big Data -- to optimize positive outcomes from it, businesses need to continuously process and analyze data and then act on the information, at the right time. This concept is called Fast Data -- processing Big Data in real time to gain instant awareness and take instant action.
More than 4,000 of the world's leading companies are using TIBCO's Fast Data solutions to improve efficiency and customer experience, including:
- Stade Toulousain: Known for its prestigious rugby team that has been champions of France many times over, and also four-time European champions, Stade Toulousain manages a wide variety of activities -- ticketing, subscriptions, shops, restaurants, etc. Given the breadth of activities that they manage, their relationship with supporters is particularly strategic. For over a year, TIBCO Software has supported Stade Toulousain in its digital transformation, aimed at exploiting the full potential of the data they capture and the information they generate from their business activities. TIBCO integration, event processing and analytics solutions provide Stade Toulousain a multichannel view of their outlets and a 360 degrees view of their supporters, allowing them to interact with and engage their network based on personalized knowledge. The objectives are to increase sales of tickets and merchandise, develop awareness, drive sponsorship, and efficiently manage suppliers. This technology strategy aims to make Stade Toulousain the "revered rugby brand" and give fans the chance to engage with the brand throughout the year, both on match days and non-match days.
- Saint-Gobain S.A: Saint-Gobain Services RH France has harnessed TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform across its HR function to allow it to capture and deploy business processes in a format and language that can be easily understood and adopted by its employees. As the shared HR services division at Saint-Gobain France, they provide business processes to more than 350 correspondents comprising subsidiaries, departments and business units. The objective is to allow a consistent and centralized governance of shared HR processes, as well as the tracking and registering of the actions making up each process (e.g. closing a salary payment process). As part of the deployment plan, TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform is provided to Saint-Gobain Services RH France through a SaaS model in order to accelerate the deployment of the solution, which is planned to be hosted on-premises at a later stage.
TIBCO's Fast Data Portfolio
Fast Data is not a single technology, but a spectrum of approaches including a robust and scalable information bus that is able to collect, move, interpret and act upon huge amounts of unstructured information in as little time as possible. Other TIBCO products that enable companies to harness the power of Fast Data include:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0: the latest version of the TIBCO business process management (BPM) suite that makes organizations more effective in adapting to a constantly changing environment. Every second, millions of events are produced by people, processes and systems, across an enterprise. ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0 provides processes flexible enough to react to the right events in real time, ushering in event-driven BPM, so businesses can react to events as they happen, have contextual conversations across all channels, and ultimately improve business outcomes while enhancing their customer's overall experience.
- TIBCO Spotfire® 6.5: the latest version of the TIBCO leading analytics platform brings to market a user-friendly approach, empowering organizations to build unique applications that can seamlessly connect to diverse data sources, and new spatial data sources, enabling users to create rich visualizations. This helps companies generate new levels of insight and discovery quickly, giving them instant awareness and allowing them to take instant action.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.1: the next generation of the flagship TIBCO product and leading integration solution offers a productive design environment that enables organizations to act in real time by making data available, reliable and actionable. It provides a single platform to transform Big Data into Fast Data, vastly improving business processes across all channels. The extensive connectivity and openness of the solution lets users create their own functions and connectors, speeding up and reducing the complexity of integration enabling a great quality of service while keeping the cost of ownership low.
Each of these products are loosely coupled, but can be tightly integrated to create the ultimate Fast Data solution. For more information about how some of Europe's top companies are using Fast Data, visit www.tibco.com. For more on Transform Europe 2014, visit: http://transform.tibco.com/.
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it's optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® -- the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, Two-Second Advantage, Spotfire, ActiveMatrix, BusinessWorks, Nimbus and TIBCO Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
TIBCO Software Inc.
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 423
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 274
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 365
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 131
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 120
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 146
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 304
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 162
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 894
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,093