|By Marketwired .||
|June 18, 2014 03:05 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/14 -- TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX), a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software, today announced that top businesses across a variety of industries have gathered this week at TIBCO's annual Transform Europe 2014 user forum. The conference brings together diverse leaders to discuss business challenges, and how Fast Data solutions can improve their operations and customer experiences. Businesses attending Transform Europe 2014 -- held in Paris, Rotterdam and Milan on June 17, 18 and 19, respectively -- include leaders in high-performance materials, semiconductors, sports, construction, smart home solutions and airlines.
Many businesses are taking in massive amounts of data, but the data loses value if they can't make sense of it in real time to make better decisions. It's not enough to just capture Big Data -- to optimize positive outcomes from it, businesses need to continuously process and analyze data and then act on the information, at the right time. This concept is called Fast Data -- processing Big Data in real time to gain instant awareness and take instant action.
More than 4,000 of the world's leading companies are using TIBCO's Fast Data solutions to improve efficiency and customer experience, including:
- Stade Toulousain: Known for its prestigious rugby team that has been champions of France many times over, and also four-time European champions, Stade Toulousain manages a wide variety of activities -- ticketing, subscriptions, shops, restaurants, etc. Given the breadth of activities that they manage, their relationship with supporters is particularly strategic. For over a year, TIBCO Software has supported Stade Toulousain in its digital transformation, aimed at exploiting the full potential of the data they capture and the information they generate from their business activities. TIBCO integration, event processing and analytics solutions provide Stade Toulousain a multichannel view of their outlets and a 360 degrees view of their supporters, allowing them to interact with and engage their network based on personalized knowledge. The objectives are to increase sales of tickets and merchandise, develop awareness, drive sponsorship, and efficiently manage suppliers. This technology strategy aims to make Stade Toulousain the "revered rugby brand" and give fans the chance to engage with the brand throughout the year, both on match days and non-match days.
- Saint-Gobain S.A: Saint-Gobain Services RH France has harnessed TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform across its HR function to allow it to capture and deploy business processes in a format and language that can be easily understood and adopted by its employees. As the shared HR services division at Saint-Gobain France, they provide business processes to more than 350 correspondents comprising subsidiaries, departments and business units. The objective is to allow a consistent and centralized governance of shared HR processes, as well as the tracking and registering of the actions making up each process (e.g. closing a salary payment process). As part of the deployment plan, TIBCO's Nimbus BPM platform is provided to Saint-Gobain Services RH France through a SaaS model in order to accelerate the deployment of the solution, which is planned to be hosted on-premises at a later stage.
TIBCO's Fast Data Portfolio
Fast Data is not a single technology, but a spectrum of approaches including a robust and scalable information bus that is able to collect, move, interpret and act upon huge amounts of unstructured information in as little time as possible. Other TIBCO products that enable companies to harness the power of Fast Data include:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0: the latest version of the TIBCO business process management (BPM) suite that makes organizations more effective in adapting to a constantly changing environment. Every second, millions of events are produced by people, processes and systems, across an enterprise. ActiveMatrix® BPM 3.0 provides processes flexible enough to react to the right events in real time, ushering in event-driven BPM, so businesses can react to events as they happen, have contextual conversations across all channels, and ultimately improve business outcomes while enhancing their customer's overall experience.
- TIBCO Spotfire® 6.5: the latest version of the TIBCO leading analytics platform brings to market a user-friendly approach, empowering organizations to build unique applications that can seamlessly connect to diverse data sources, and new spatial data sources, enabling users to create rich visualizations. This helps companies generate new levels of insight and discovery quickly, giving them instant awareness and allowing them to take instant action.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.1: the next generation of the flagship TIBCO product and leading integration solution offers a productive design environment that enables organizations to act in real time by making data available, reliable and actionable. It provides a single platform to transform Big Data into Fast Data, vastly improving business processes across all channels. The extensive connectivity and openness of the solution lets users create their own functions and connectors, speeding up and reducing the complexity of integration enabling a great quality of service while keeping the cost of ownership low.
Each of these products are loosely coupled, but can be tightly integrated to create the ultimate Fast Data solution. For more information about how some of Europe's top companies are using Fast Data, visit www.tibco.com. For more on Transform Europe 2014, visit: http://transform.tibco.com/.
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it's optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® -- the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, Two-Second Advantage, Spotfire, ActiveMatrix, BusinessWorks, Nimbus and TIBCO Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
TIBCO Software Inc.
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,696
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,411
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,511
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,488
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 714
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,528
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 756
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 848
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,518
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,748
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 898
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,729
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,977
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 391
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,560