|By Business Wire||
|June 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
Valens, the developer of HDBaseT™ technology and founding member of the HDBaseT Alliance, announced the general availability of its newest family of chipsets, Colligo™, to support the standard’s newest specifications.
- The HDBaseT Alliance released Spec 2.0 in August 2013, enabling point-to-multipoint connectivity, multistreaming, and switching. Spec 2.0 also adds inherent support for USB 2.0 and other native interfaces.
- As the first Spec 2.0-compliant chipsets, the Colligo family supports USB 2.0, enhanced audio capabilities (SPDIF, I2S), multistreaming, HDMI 2.0, and transmission of 4K video over longer distances.
- With the release of Colligo, HDBaseT can be deployed over fiber optics as well as copper, multiplying installation flexibility and including support for hybrid LAN and fiber infrastructure.
- The new chipsets enable the New 5Play™ feature set: Ultra HD video & audio, Ethernet, control, power and USB, over either a LAN or fiber cable.
- The Colligo family caters to electronics manufacturers addressing several sectors, such as pro-AV, consumer electronics, digital signage, broadcasting, healthcare and industrial PCs.
- The chipsets made available today include:
Valens is currently shipping engineering samples. Volume production is expected in October.
“The demand for HDBaseT-enabled devices keeps growing, as installers and
integrators realize the benefits and advantages the technology brings,
such as simplicity, adaptability and cost-effectiveness. By embedding
Valens’ Colligo chipsets, manufacturers will be able to add increased
functionality to their products, to expand even more their addressable
Micha Risling, VP Marketing and Business Development, Valens
Valens will join the HDBaseT Alliance at InfoComm 2014. Join us to learn more about Colligo, at the “Intro to Spec 2.0” sessions, on the 18th and 19th of June, at 11 am and 2 pm, Booth C6035.
Valens provides semiconductor products for the distribution of uncompressed ultra-high-definition (HD) multimedia content. The company's HDBaseT technology enables long-reach connectivity of devices over a single cable and is a global standard for advanced digital media distribution. Founded in 2006, Valens is a private company headquartered in Israel, with offices worldwide. www.valens.com
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 533
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Aug. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 211
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 275
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 236
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 560
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 208
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 367
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 192
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 685
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,138
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 435