|By Marketwired .||
|June 19, 2014 03:02 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/14 -- With today's availability of the latest release of Appmethod, developers can now use C++, the most widely used programming language in the world(1), to create complete apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X. Appmethod is the multi-device application development platform offered by Embarcadero Technologies for building natively compiled, multi-device apps with a single codebase without compromising performance, platform access, or user experience.
While Android offers the largest addressable market opportunity for app developers, developing C++ Android applications has fallen short on developer productivity. The latest release of Appmethod now includes a "Free Forever" subscription plan that C++ developers can use to create Android apps to be published on any public app store (e.g., Amazon App Store and Google Play). Appmethod also enables developers to build and publish apps for all other supported device platforms for 30 days, and provides access to Appmethod Enterprise Mobility Services.
- Appmethod is the first C++ visual development environment and component based application framework for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, and wearables like Google Glass. Appmethod streamlines multi-device development efforts by enabling developers to create natively compiled applications for all major platforms with one effort and a single, common source codebase.
- Appmethod offers a rich component framework and a large set of user interface controls to deliver amazing user experiences. From buttons and listviews, to tab management, Appmethod provides over 100 cross-platform UI controls with a common API that deliver the native experience. Appmethod also natively compiles the app to run directly on the CPU, ensuring developers deliver the fastest apps for the best user experience.
- Appmethod's Enterprise Mobility Services can be used to securely expose custom APIs over REST/JSON, access Enterprise data from major database vendors with the included SQL database connectors, and provide a secure, embedded and server database. Appmethod also features a common component API for MBaaS services, like push notifications, user management and storage (files and objects).
- Appmethod delivers a robust end-to-end solution from client to cloud to back end. Developers can easily integrate any REST or SOAP-based service including MBaaS services such as Parse and Kinvey, and quickly and securely extend their apps with cloud services such as SecureAuth (2-Factor Authentication) and Shephertz (App42 MBaaS).
- The new 'Free Forever' plan for Appmethod is available immediately at appmethod.com/sign-up
- "The holy grail of mobile development is a toolset that supports the three major platforms natively with a single code base. Starting with the most used language and the most used mobile platform and then allowing recompilation to the others makes perfect sense." - Janel Garvin, CEO, Evans Data Corp.
- "With the addition of C++ for desktop and mobile, including Android and iOS, Appmethod's multi-device application development platform provides the perfect complement to our enterprise Mobile Backend as a Service. Kinvey simplifies the process of setting up and maintaining a cloud backend for mobile, tablet and Web apps. Together they enable developers to bring amazing multi-device apps to market faster." - Sravish Sridhar, CEO of Kinvey.
- "The SecureAuth/Embarcadero integration with Appmethod allows developers to easily insert advanced, user-friendly cloud-based authentication via a component for instant 2-Factor authentication. The 2-Factor utilizes simple, one-touch authentication approval through SecureAuth's hosted PUSH services, and works across all platforms with the multi-device support of the Appmethod solution. SecureAuth will provide a free license for a certain number of devices with the AppMethod license." - Garret Grajek, CTO/COO, SecureAuth Corporation.
- "Embarcadero's vision of having a multi device development platform -- for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and in future wearables -- is aligned with ShepHertz' vision of providing a one stop shop cloud service for Apps, which is technology agnostic. We foresee that our combined offering will enable App developers to create next generation, engaging and connected apps to address the global market. Our endeavor is to provide powerful tools and means to make App developers successful in this dynamic market in the shortest time and most cost effective manner. We will not only support them in technology, but also assist them in acquiring customers, improving retention, engagement, conversion and monetization." - Siddhartha Chandurkar, Founder and CEO, Shephertz.
- "Today we're introducing the limitless power of C++ with the speed and ease of Appmethod, bringing single source multi-device development for iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX to millions of C++ developers. And with the new Free Android Phone edition, now anyone can build powerful native apps in minutes." - Michael Swindell, Embarcadero Senior Vice President of Products.
Join Embarcadero on June 25th, 2014 for the Appmethod June 2014 Release webinar. In this webinar, attendees will learn about using C++ to deliver multi-device apps with the highest productivity. Download the free version of Appmethod and follow along during the webinar: appmethod.com/sign-up.
New 'Free Forever' @Appmethod plan lets developers create/publish C++ apps for Android phones for free: appmethod.com #Appmethod
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
(1) Global Developer Population and Demographics Survey: Volume II, Copyright 2013, Evans Data Corp.
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 130
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 131
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 140
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 110
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 293
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 5, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 151
To assist customers with legacy Windows Server 2003 that is no longer supported by Microsoft, Racemi has introduced fixed price packages for upgrading and migrating Windows Server 2003 servers to either Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 and the choice of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or SoftLayer cloud. "We're extending a lifeline by upgrading the legacy servers to more modern Windows Server platforms while taking advantage of cloud computing," said James Strayer, vice president of product managem...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 117
To support developers and operations professionals in their push to implement DevOps principles for their infrastructure environments, ProfitBricks, a provider of cloud infrastructure, is adding support for DevOps tools Ansible and Chef. Ansible is a platform for configuring and managing data center infrastructure that combines multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management, and is used by DevOps professionals as they use its playbooks functionality to autom...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 156
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 464
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,005
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 618
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 417
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 265
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 585
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 4, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 546