|By Marketwired .||
|June 19, 2014 03:02 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/14 -- With today's availability of the latest release of Appmethod, developers can now use C++, the most widely used programming language in the world(1), to create complete apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X. Appmethod is the multi-device application development platform offered by Embarcadero Technologies for building natively compiled, multi-device apps with a single codebase without compromising performance, platform access, or user experience.
While Android offers the largest addressable market opportunity for app developers, developing C++ Android applications has fallen short on developer productivity. The latest release of Appmethod now includes a "Free Forever" subscription plan that C++ developers can use to create Android apps to be published on any public app store (e.g., Amazon App Store and Google Play). Appmethod also enables developers to build and publish apps for all other supported device platforms for 30 days, and provides access to Appmethod Enterprise Mobility Services.
- Appmethod is the first C++ visual development environment and component based application framework for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, and wearables like Google Glass. Appmethod streamlines multi-device development efforts by enabling developers to create natively compiled applications for all major platforms with one effort and a single, common source codebase.
- Appmethod offers a rich component framework and a large set of user interface controls to deliver amazing user experiences. From buttons and listviews, to tab management, Appmethod provides over 100 cross-platform UI controls with a common API that deliver the native experience. Appmethod also natively compiles the app to run directly on the CPU, ensuring developers deliver the fastest apps for the best user experience.
- Appmethod's Enterprise Mobility Services can be used to securely expose custom APIs over REST/JSON, access Enterprise data from major database vendors with the included SQL database connectors, and provide a secure, embedded and server database. Appmethod also features a common component API for MBaaS services, like push notifications, user management and storage (files and objects).
- Appmethod delivers a robust end-to-end solution from client to cloud to back end. Developers can easily integrate any REST or SOAP-based service including MBaaS services such as Parse and Kinvey, and quickly and securely extend their apps with cloud services such as SecureAuth (2-Factor Authentication) and Shephertz (App42 MBaaS).
- The new 'Free Forever' plan for Appmethod is available immediately at appmethod.com/sign-up
- "The holy grail of mobile development is a toolset that supports the three major platforms natively with a single code base. Starting with the most used language and the most used mobile platform and then allowing recompilation to the others makes perfect sense." - Janel Garvin, CEO, Evans Data Corp.
- "With the addition of C++ for desktop and mobile, including Android and iOS, Appmethod's multi-device application development platform provides the perfect complement to our enterprise Mobile Backend as a Service. Kinvey simplifies the process of setting up and maintaining a cloud backend for mobile, tablet and Web apps. Together they enable developers to bring amazing multi-device apps to market faster." - Sravish Sridhar, CEO of Kinvey.
- "The SecureAuth/Embarcadero integration with Appmethod allows developers to easily insert advanced, user-friendly cloud-based authentication via a component for instant 2-Factor authentication. The 2-Factor utilizes simple, one-touch authentication approval through SecureAuth's hosted PUSH services, and works across all platforms with the multi-device support of the Appmethod solution. SecureAuth will provide a free license for a certain number of devices with the AppMethod license." - Garret Grajek, CTO/COO, SecureAuth Corporation.
- "Embarcadero's vision of having a multi device development platform -- for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and in future wearables -- is aligned with ShepHertz' vision of providing a one stop shop cloud service for Apps, which is technology agnostic. We foresee that our combined offering will enable App developers to create next generation, engaging and connected apps to address the global market. Our endeavor is to provide powerful tools and means to make App developers successful in this dynamic market in the shortest time and most cost effective manner. We will not only support them in technology, but also assist them in acquiring customers, improving retention, engagement, conversion and monetization." - Siddhartha Chandurkar, Founder and CEO, Shephertz.
- "Today we're introducing the limitless power of C++ with the speed and ease of Appmethod, bringing single source multi-device development for iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX to millions of C++ developers. And with the new Free Android Phone edition, now anyone can build powerful native apps in minutes." - Michael Swindell, Embarcadero Senior Vice President of Products.
Join Embarcadero on June 25th, 2014 for the Appmethod June 2014 Release webinar. In this webinar, attendees will learn about using C++ to deliver multi-device apps with the highest productivity. Download the free version of Appmethod and follow along during the webinar: appmethod.com/sign-up.
New 'Free Forever' @Appmethod plan lets developers create/publish C++ apps for Android phones for free: appmethod.com #Appmethod
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
(1) Global Developer Population and Demographics Survey: Volume II, Copyright 2013, Evans Data Corp.
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 722
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 925
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,790
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,811
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,029
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,295
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,115
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,406
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,922
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 3,956
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,122
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,347
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 874
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,196
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 7, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 389