|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed by leading talent management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), today announced the recipients of its 2014 Impact Grants.
The Foundation launched the Impact Grant program in 2012 to help nonprofits that are already making a meaningful difference to reach even more people in need. Selected nonprofits receive a two-year donation of Cornerstone’s learning and development software and services and a range of pro bono learning and HR consulting services offered by the Foundation, valued at an estimated $1 million. The grant serves as a catalyst for growth of existing community education programs, enabling each of these nonprofits to broaden their reach and increase the number of people and communities served.
The 2014 Impact Grantees include:
- The Aidmatrix Foundation. The Aidmatrix Foundation builds and operates powerful technology hubs that support diverse stakeholder groups in their efforts to work together to solve the world's most challenging humanitarian crises. Aidmatrix intends to leverage Cornerstone to expand current job-based training initiatives, with a goal to educate 50,000 youth by the end of 2016 and, ultimately, 500,000 people around the world.
- The BB Group. The BB Group is an international group of charities based in the UK that is using technology to build communities for connecting people in need with those who can help. The BB Group will use Cornerstone to train 12,000 young people, mentors and volunteers over the first two years of the Impact Grant, with the goal of reaching an additional 48,000 individuals through mentoring, counseling and other measurable online interventions.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA). For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to become productive, caring and responsible citizens. Today, over 4,000 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people annually through Club membership and community outreach. Given that relationships between staff, volunteers and the young people they serve is one of the primary determinants of participants’ success, BGCA intends to use Cornerstone to provide more robust training and development opportunities to Club staff to improve outcomes with their youth membership.
Among last year’s Impact Grant recipients was Darkness to Light, a nonprofit which provides education and prevention programs to combat child sexual abuse. In the six months prior to receiving its Impact Grant, Darkness to Light had trained 1,800 adults with their online version of the Stewards of Children program. In the six months after receiving the grant and launching its online program through Cornerstone’s software, Darkness to Light has already trained 9,250 adults. The organization also is now partnering with school districts and government organizations across the country to empower thousands of teachers and youth workers to protect children in their communities.
Comments on the News
- “The BB Group model depends upon inspiring and educating individuals to take action on the behalf of others. Today, the majority of our volunteer training takes place face-to-face in the UK,” said Emma-Jane Cross, group chief executive of The BB Group. “With the Impact Grant from the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, we can reach people around the world and empower our beneficiaries to transform their own lives and the lives of others.”
- “Child sexual abuse impacts every community and every person across the globe, and we all have a role to play in preventing it,” said Cindy McElhinney, director of programs at Darkness to Light. “With the Impact Grant and Cornerstone, we have the technology and support to help us reach our goal of educating millions on how to keep children safe from abuse in our communities.”
- “Aidmatrix, BB Group and Boys & Girls Clubs of America all have innovative programs in place that are making a measurable difference in the communities they serve," said Julie Brandt, executive director of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. "We are honored to team with each of them to broaden their reach and bring their life-changing programs to even more people in need around the world."
- Apply for an Impact Grant: To learn more about Impact Grants, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.org/impact-grant. The 2015 Impact Grant application process begins December 2014.
- Learn about past recipients: See how past recipients have benefitted from the Impact Grant on the Cornerstone blog at www.cornerstoneondemand.com/blog/full-speed-ahead-setting-sail-cornerstone-ondemand-foundation-2013-impact-grantees.
- Read the Darkness to Light Profile: Also check out the profile on Darkness to Light’s Impact Grant initiatives by visiting www.cornerstoneondemand.org/blog/impact-grant-profile-cindy-mcelhinney-darkness-light.
- Connect with the Foundation: For more information about the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, visit cornerstoneondemand.org. Follow the Foundation’s latest news and updates at twitter.com/csodfoundation and facebook.com/csodfoundation.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 1,700 clients worldwide, spanning more than 14.5 million users across 191 countries and 41 languages. For more information about Cornerstone, visit csod.com. Read Cornerstone’s blog at csod.com/blog. Follow Cornerstone on Twitter at twitter.com/CornerstoneInc. Like Cornerstone on Facebook at facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 444
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 181
Even though you are running an agile development process, that doesn’t necessarily mean that your performance testing is being conducted in a truly agile way. Saving performance testing for a “final sprint” before release still treats it like a waterfall development step, with all the cost and risk that comes with that. In this post, we will show you how to make load testing happen early and often by putting SLAs on the agile task board.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 150
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 151
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 401
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 181
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 598
Sep. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 211
Sep. 5, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 319
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 169
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,645
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 260
Moving an existing on-premise infrastructure into the cloud can be a complex and daunting proposition. It is critical to understand the benefits as well as the challenges associated with either a full or hybrid approach. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Richard Weiss, Principal Consultant at Pythian, will present a roadmap that can be leveraged by any organization to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute on a cloud migration solution. He will review the five major cloud transformation phases a...
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 184
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 260
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 691