|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
CE Week 2014 kicks off next week and will feature a record number of participating companies, a robust conference program and major product debuts from some of the top brands in consumer technology. Known as the CE industry’s top annual mid-year event, CE Week brings together media, analysts and technology thought leaders for product debuts, a dynamic conference program and networking events all focused on innovation. CE Week 2014 is scheduled June 23-27 in New York City, with the CE Week Exhibits and Conference Program scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
“CE Week provides a much-needed reality check for the consumer technology industry with companies showcasing their products that will be on store shelves in time for back to school shopping and holiday purchases,” said Marin Porter, executive producer, CE Week. “This year’s show will be bigger and better than ever with more exhibitors, press events and product demos than ever before.”
CE Week 2014 will feature more than 170 participating companies, including tech startups as well as global brands including B&H, Bang & Olufsen, Delphi, Denon, DISH, Harman, LG, Monster, Pioneer Electronics, Sharp, Sony, Tiffen and WowWee. Products on display at CE Week include:
- Audio-Technica U.S., Inc - The ATH-AX1iS, ATH-AX3iS and ATH-AX5iS SonicFuel™ over-ear headphones deliver exceptional audio with cushioned ear pads and headbands that allow for extended wear.
- Autonomic – The Mirage Audio System is comprised of Mirage Media Servers with a choice of two Mirage digital amplifiers, two in-wall keypads and the free Mirage Media Controller app for iOS and Android devices.
- BodyGuardz – The ScreenGuardz HD IMPACT screen protection provides real impact protection using layers that cushion your device from impact and shock.
- Boombotix – The REX has the highest power-to-size ratio portable Bluetooth speaker on the market, with no distortion at loud volumes.
- Chargerleash – The Chargerleash is designed to rapidly charge and sync the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, Android, BlackBerry and Windows
- Damson – Featuring portable audio speakers including the Twist, Oyster and Pearl.
- DISH – The Hopper®Whole-Home HD DVR platform lets subscribers record up to eight shows at once, and take favorite shows on-the-go with a mobile device.
- Epson America - The Epson® PowerLite® Pro Cinema 6020UB delivers outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance for home entertainment AV elitists.
- First Sign Technologies - First Sign Technologies is the first automatic security system designed to protect against violent crimes.
- FlipCase International – The FlipCase is a convenient way to carry and use laptops and tablets.
- i4C Innovations - Worn comfortably around a dog's neck, VOYCE™ is a sophisticated wearable health band that monitors vital signs as well as activity, rest and calories burned.
- iHome – The iBN6 is a iPX7 rated waterproof, shock resistant portable Bluetooth Stereo speaker with simple tap to pair NFC technology in a rugged, fun loving form factor.
- iLuv Creative Technology - The selfy™ ecosystem makes it easy for consumers to capture their experiences with mobile devices wherever they go. At the core of this ecosystem is selfy™, the world's first mobile device case with a built-in wireless camera shutter.
- LG - Demonstrating its award-winning 2014 lineup of Ultra HD TVs with webOS as well as its latest Galley OLED TV, 34-inch UltraWide monitor and more.
- Libratone – Showcasing its line of wireless speakers, including the Loop, Zipp, Live and Lounge.
- Livescribe – The Livescribe 3 pairs with the Livescribe+ app to instantly sync everything you write on paper directly onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Maxell – The Maxell SSB-4W Digital Soundbar offers Bluetooth for pairing your smartphone or music player and provides warm, rich, powerful sound in a sleek and stylish design.
- Mimoco – The MimoPowerBot is the world’s first character-based universal backup battery for smart phones, tablets and other USB-powered devices.
- Nbryte – The tablift is the perfect solution for solving the challenge of using your tablet hands-free.
- NVIDIA - The Tegra VCM allows in-vehicle systems to be easily upgraded as newer hardware becomes available.
- Olloclip – The olloclip™ Photo and Video App for iPhone and iPod Touch takes full advantage of the olloclip® 3-in-1 Lens System and expands the possibilities of olloclip fisheye, wide-angle and macro photography.
- Onkyo – The THX®-certified TX-NR737 and TX-NR838 network A/V receivers set a new standard for performance and value by combining superlative sound quality with the latest in 4K/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2-compliant video and wireless hi-res audio connectivity.
- OtterBox – Showcasing an array of products, including the OtterBox Defender Series with iON Intelligence.
- Polaroid - Showcasing its entire range of fun, family-friendly and easy to use electronics at the show including the most updated version of the Socialmatic.
- Perceptive Devices – Explore the Perceptive Devices exhibit and see the potential of wearables, such as smart glasses or HMDs, when they can be controlled completely hands-free and voice-free.
- PulseOn – The PulseOn heart-rate monitor is a small wrist device which measures heart rate reliably and accurately, without the need for a chest belt, allowing you to get the most out of your training.
- Qardio – The QardioArm is a wireless blood pressure monitor that tracks blood pressure and heart rate automatically, with the ability to share information.
- Rain Design – Featuring award-winning accessories for Apple iMac, Macbook, iPad and iPhone including the iGo iMac desk, mBase iMac elevator, i360 iMac turntable and iLap ergonomic stand.
- Ricoh Imaging – The Pentax 645Z seamlessly combines brilliant build quality, exceptional operability and hyper resolution with 51.4 million effective pixels.
- ROCKI - ROCKI Play is a portable WiFi enabled dongle that quickly transforms any speaker, with an audio input, to a wireless speaker system.
- Sharp - Unveiling the latest innovations in high-res large screen television viewing, with the Sharp AQUOS Q+ Series LED Smart TV.
- Simple Living Technology – The Simple Living Technology cloud-based web camera will enable the consumer to monitor the status of their home while away with additional components that measure smoke and carbon monoxide.
- Simple.TV – Simple.TV streams and records free live TV, allowing for viewing at home or anywhere in the world with Chomecast support that lets users "cast" their favorite live and recorded TV shows onto any HDTV powered by Google's device.
- Singtrix - From the creators of Guitar Hero comes Singtrix®, the next-generation karaoke machine that makes bad singers sound great and great singers sound amazing.
- Skulpt – The Skulpt Aim measures the fat percentage of individual areas, as well as the muscle quality (MQ) - a metric of the muscles' strength and definition.
- SnowLizard – The SLXtreme is the world’s only waterproof, rugged, and battery-boosting case for the iPad 4.
- Sony – Showcasing the Sony Alpha A77 II, Sony Alpha a6000, Sony Alpha A7S and Sony FDR-AX100 4K Consumer Handycam.
- Tablo – Tablo is a 2-Tuner Over-The-Air (OTA) DVR for cord-cutters using HDTV antennas to get access to broadcast TV signals.
- Thinium - The Thinium Charge is an ultra-thin, portable wall charger that easily slides into your wallet, purse or pocket.
- Tiffen – The new Tiffen Dfx Creative Digital Effects Filter Suite is the definitive set of digital optical filters with over 130 filters producing 2000+ special effects.
- TiVo – Showcasing its line of Roamio DVR series featuring four or six tuners and unprecedented storage (up to 3000 hours).
- TREWGrip - TREWGrip is a handheld rear-type keyboard and air mouse for mobile technology, desktop computers and Smart TVs.
- VUSE - VUSE is the only vapor product that delivers a satisfying and great tasting vapor experience combined with consistent and reliable performance.
- Westinghouse Digital – Showcasing its full lineup of new 4K LED Ultra HD Displays and Roku ready HDTV.
- WHOOSH! – The WHOOSH! Screen Shine is designed to keep phones, tablets and devices shining like new and resistant to smudges and fingerprints.
- WindowLikr - WindowLikrTM enables the first pixel-perfect, video-based mobile media experience connecting people to their favorite content.
- Velodyne - The on-ear vLeve® and vFree® headphones are available with designer accessory skins, which are silicon-based and flexible, enabling music lovers to match the style of the headphones they wear to the fashions and sounds they prefer.
- Zivix – The PUC Wireless link connects MIDI compatible musical instruments with iOS devices via Wi-Fi, providing seamless music creation.
- zNitro – The Nitro Glass is a premium glass screen protector that is made of highly engineered tempered glass that can handle even a hammer test.
A complete list of exhibitor products can be found by accessing the Exhibitor Directory.
Media will have a sneak preview of the entire CE Week show floor at the official CE Week Media Breakfast, powered by ShowStoppers. The media-only breakfast is scheduled from 9-11 a.m., Wednesday, June 25 before the show officially opens.
In addition to innovative product exhibits at CE Week 2014, the CE Week Conference Program will include discussions exploring the latest trends in technology innovation with topics ranging from the connected car to wearable technologies, digital health, 3D printing, augmented reality and beyond. The conference program will feature executives from global brands including Makerbot, Monster, Sharp, Sony and Tiffen, as well as an Intel keynote. The full conference program schedule can be found here.
CE Week partner conference programs will take place throughout the week including the Connected Car Conference, focused on game-changing behind-the-wheel innovations and Your Next TV Conference, showcasing the technologies that are enhancing the TV experience for consumers. To view the complete schedule of partner conference sessions visit CEWeekNY.com.
Exhibitors, including Monster, Pioneer, Sony, Sharp, Withings and FiftyThree, will make major product announcements during CE Week with media-only events. View the full CE Week press conference schedule here.
New for the 2014 event is CE Week TV, which will be broadcast from the main exhibit hall and the CE Week Studios. All CE Week Conference Programs and press conferences will be recorded and posted through CE Week TV for tech enthusiasts worldwide.
For more information on exhibitors or conference sessions, or to register for CE Week 2014, visit CEWeekNY.com. Follow CE Week 2014 on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter and use the official CE Week hashtag, #CEWeek, and download the official CE Week App for IOS or Android.
About CE Week:
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s official weeklong, citywide event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the event headquarters, CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week’s largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is organized in association with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® by Martin Porter & Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Technology Integrator and the Technology Tell Network.
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 521
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 614
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,054
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,500
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 507
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,176
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 499
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 818
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 801
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,649
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 580
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 609
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 30, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,029
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 756