|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 02:02 PM EDT||
Global leaders in intellectual property (IP), licensing and business development will gather for the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc., 50th Annual Meeting October 5-8 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. The innovative 6-track program will offer cutting-edge, sector-specific content delivered by a world-class lineup of speakers, along with expanded networking opportunities.
“For 50 years, LES has been at the forefront of the evolving innovation economy, charting the course and positioning its members for success through unparalleled industry education, best practices and dealmaking opportunities,” said LES (USA & Canada) President Russell Levine. “In keeping with our strong tradition of excellence, this meeting will offer perspectives from the world’s leading IP authorities on the most pressing issues facing IP professionals today across industry sectors. It will be the premier meeting of the year for our industry.”
Building on the theme, "Advancing and Enhancing Business Development, Deals & Innovation," LES sector experts have designed customized tracks with educational sessions, interactive workshops and networking opportunities to enhance engagement and to maximize the meeting’s value for attendees in every sector -- high tech; life science; consumer products; industry/university/government interface (IUGI); valuation/legal; and chemicals/energy/environment and materials (CEEM).
Key meeting highlights include:
- Titans of IP Licensing Panels: A series of blockbuster panels featuring notable experts from leading companies discussing variables that are driving the market in the high tech, consumer products, CEEM, IUGI and life science sectors. LES past presidents will moderate the panels.
- Quentin Hardy – An award-winning journalist, Silicon Valley insider and newly-appointed Deputy Technology Editor for the New York Times, Mr. Hardy is known for “delivering analysis on technology, economics and global business with fearlessness, intelligence and wit.” In addition to his role at the NYT, he is also former Executive Editor of Forbes Media and has writing extensively for The Wall Street Journal.
- Andrea Ingram – Vice President, Education, Center for the Advancement of Science Education, Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago will discuss "Building the Foundation for Inventions and Inventors of the Future - How Do We Inspire Our Kids to Achieve Their Full Potential in Science, Technology, Mathematics and Engineering."
- Top 10 Court Decisions of 2014 Affecting Licensing, an annual crowd favorite, this session will give an overview of changes related to US patent reform in connection with pending cases.
- The 10th Annual LES Deals of Distinction™ Awards will be presented to companies that orchestrated the year’s most outstanding licensing and business deals in each sector. Several key dealmakers will be on hand to provide insights on their winning deals.
- Life Science and High Tech Royalty Rate and Deal Terms Survey Results will be presented along with analysis of exclusive findings and compelling trends gleaned from the investigation of thousands of licensing agreements.
Register by June 30th to save $100 at www.lesannual.org. Attendees are entitled to receive CLE, CLP and CPE credits.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 314
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:40 PM EDT
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 215
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 298
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 241
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 105
Oct. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 363
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 222
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 734
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 580
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 456
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 573
Oct. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 101
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 283
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 247