|By Business Wire||
|June 22, 2014 06:15 AM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s annual mid-year, citywide event in New York City. The event brings together top media, industry analysts and technology thought leaders for innovative product debuts, a robust conference program and networking events all focused on innovative trends in consumer technology. CE Week Exhibits, the official CE Week headquarters, will feature hundreds of top brands, innovators and start-ups showcasing the latest technology products, plus a two-day series of free conferences on the most relevant technology trends.
|CE Week 2014, June 23-27|
|CE Week Exhibits and Conference Program, June 25-26|
|CE Week 2014 Headquarters|
|The Metropolitan Pavilion|
To register for CE Week 2014, visit CEWeekNY.com. Registration for media is free and press will have access to exclusive areas and events throughout the week.
CE Week Partner Conference Sessions:
- Connected Car Conference (C3): Produced by automotive tech expert, Doug Newcomb, the second annual C3 at CE Week will highlight game-changing market drivers from in-dash technology to advancements in self-driving innovation, as well as issues such as distracted driving. Scheduled June 24 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- Your Next TV: This half day conference will examine the future of UHD/4K and advances in content production, distribution communities and the evolution of technologies that are bringing the next generation of television to consumers. Scheduled 9 a.m. – noon, June 24 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- 2nd Screen Sports Summit: With sports content leading the charge in the 2nd Screen revolution, this dynamic conference program will discuss, debate and drive forward the momentum of the 2nd Screen market. Scheduled 1-5:30 p.m., June 24 at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
- Online Video Advertising Summit: The 4th annual VideoNuze Online Video Advertising Summit brings together 300-350 senior advertising, agency, content provider and technology executives. The program includes keynotes, panel discussions, research presentations, fireside chats and demos throughout the day. Scheduled June 25 at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
CE Week Conference Program:
- Free to all CE Week attendees and scheduled for June 25-26, the CE Week Conference Program brings together technology experts, analysts and industry visionaries to discuss the hottest trends in consumer technology including the Internet of Things, wearable technology, digital health, 3D printing and high resolution sound. All conference sessions will take place at the CE Week Studios in the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week Exhibits:
- FashionWare: Where fashion meets function, this showcase will highlight the latest trends in the high tech/high style industry from smart fabrics, AR glasses, wearable technology and beyond. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- iLounge NYC: Featuring the latest innovations in the thriving Apple accessory industry, iLounge NYC will showcase the hottest products for the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod®. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- Innovation Zone: Showcasing the next generation of technology, the Innovation Zone is where tech innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups will debut their new products to key influencers, investors and press. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week Events:
- Women in CE Forum: This dynamic forum focuses on empowering women in the consumer technology industry. With the theme of The Power of Connectivity, the third annual Women in CE Forum will feature keynotes, sessions and workshops focused on professional empowerment. Scheduled June 24 at the Rubin Museum of Art.
- FashionWare Fashion Show: Kicking off the opening night of CE Week Exhibits, this fashion show will feature the hottest trends in wearable technology. Scheduled June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Battle of the Bands: Attendees will have ringside seats as the top fitness bands compete in this high energy, heart-pumping session. Each band will have four minutes to tell its story as the audience votes on the best of show. Scheduled 12:30-1:30 p.m., June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week TV:
- New for the 2014 event is CE Week TV, which will be broadcast from the main exhibit hall and the CE Week Studios. All CE Week Conference Programs and press conferences will be live-streamed through CE Week TV for tech enthusiasts worldwide.
About CE Week:
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s official weeklong, citywide event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the event headquarters, CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week’s largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is organized in association with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® by Martin Porter & Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Technology Integrator and the Technology Tell Network.
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Feb. 22, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,616
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 22, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,452
Column Technologies exhibited at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principals and help our customers meet today’s DevOps and Dig...
Feb. 22, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 921
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,019
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,135
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,097
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,110
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 733
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 980
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,248
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 384
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,512
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 812
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,347
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of pati...
Feb. 22, 2017 09:29 AM EST Reads: 204