|By Business Wire||
|June 22, 2014 10:02 PM EDT||
VELDT Inc., which offers wearable technology products and services, announced that they will begin to take pre-orders for their original smartwatch “VELDT SERENDIPITY”, capable of wireless connection to smartphones, starting from June 23, 2014. Actual delivery of products is scheduled to begin from December 2014 for Japanese, US and European markets.
Intuitively displays information with the LED embedded watch face. Designed to create time away from your smartphone, "VELDT SERENDIPITY" smartwatch. (Photo: Business Wire)
“VELDT SERENDIPITY” is uniquely designed with a look of a time-honored analog watch, combined with LED lights that intuitively provide information in sync with the owner’s smartphone. By providing information such as incoming messages, schedules and weather forecasts on the watch in the most intuitive manner, the owner can quickly determine what action to take next, without taking the time to reach for the smartphone and stare into the display. “VELDT SERENDIPITY” will help to free up the time consumed looking down into your smartphone. Various online services are due to become accessible by simply pressing the buttons of the watch on your wrist, instead of taking out the smartphone.
The watch will initially come with a taxi allocation service (limited to Tokyo), partnering with Nihon Kotsu, the largest taxi service operator headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Today, too many people are heavily dependent on smartphones spending hours viewing its displays. The concept of VELDT SERENDIPITY was conceived to reduce the total time spent looking down into the smartphone. By having more time to lift one’s eyes, chances of finding something new, something special in our daily lives will increase. Product delivery is scheduled to begin from December 2014, while pre-orders can be made from the following URL.
- The watch comes with a time-honored analog face combined with sensibly designed LED information display called the “Vivid Loop”. With additional short text messages on the small display, the watch helps the user to grasp information and instantly decide whether to access the smartphone.
- Activity tracking function is built-in and the activity volume is displayed on the timeline along with your calendar schedule on the smartphone app named "VELDT Life Assist".
- Functions and services can easily be accessed from the short-cut buttons of the watch. New functions and services can be downloaded thru the “VELDT Life Assist” application.
- Material: stainless steel, antibacterial plastics, genuine leather strap, sapphire glass (Model R)
- Dimensions: case diameter 48mm, case thickness 15.6mm
- Watch module: quartz (4 year life time internal battery)
- Battery: lithium-ion battery (micro USB rechargeable, approx 1 week standby time)
- Supported OS: iOS7 or later
- Supported language: Japanese/English
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Main functions: mail, SNS, iOS Notification Center connectivity, activity tracking, LED synced services such as schedule display and weather forecast, taxi allocation service (available in Tokyo only, fees occur after free trial period)
MODEL & PRICE
VELDT SERENDIPITY MODEL R (3 types): 148,000JPY (without tax)
VELDT SERENDIPITY MODEL C (5 types): 78,000JPY (without tax)
Gentle Lily (white)
Deep Seed (black)
Crisp Mint (green)
Rich Violet (violet)
Fresh Scarlet (red)
VELDT is a Tokyo based Wearable Lifestyle Design Company which was established in 2012 by Jin Nonogami, Founder and CEO. The company name is from the novel “The Veldt” written in 1950 by Ray Bradbury. The concept of the company is to come up with solutions and happy endings through wearables, instead of the tragic ending of the novel.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 5,203
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,609
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,402
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,099
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,683
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 934
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 624
Dec. 5, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 747
Dec. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 3,326
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,569
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,806
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,085
Dec. 5, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 3,817
Dec. 5, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,160
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 922