|By Business Wire||
|June 23, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
You may have already had a great experience visiting Utah.Gov to renew your vehicle registration, buy a fishing license, or find out how you tax dollars are spent. But did you know about all of the other great services and information available at the newly redesigned Utah.Gov? There are over 1,000 local, state and federal services available at Utah.Gov. In addition, recently Utah.Gov was chosen by the Best of State Awards as the Best Web-Based Community Resource. The Best of State Awards recognize outstanding individuals, organizations and businesses in Utah.
“The technological solutions created by the state and local companies are a very important part of how Utah continues to succeed,” said Governor Gary Herbert. “The services available at Utah.Gov enable businesses to grow and contribute to the superior lifestyle we have in Utah. Utah.Gov has been one of the most recognized state websites in the country and we try to make it as useful as possible for Utahns.”
And useful is how many residents find Utah.Gov. More than 32 million transactions were processed at Utah.Gov in 2013. That’s more than 10 services per resident.
“Utah.Gov is an incredibly efficient way to connect with state government,” said Mark VanOrden, Utah Chief Information Officer. “Whether you are looking for public meeting information, reserving a campsite at a state park, or registering a new business, Utah.Gov is an easy way to get what you are looking for. There are more than 20 million pages of dynamic information and it’s organized into an easily searchable format.”
Here are just a few interesting and helpful online resources available at Utah.Gov:
- Licensee Lookup & Verification - Would you like to know if your plumber, doctor, contractor, or other professional has an active license? Look it up here: https://secure.utah.gov/llv/search/index.html
- Driver’s License Renewal - Renew your driver’s license online. Also, when you need to change your address update it online. https://secure.utah.gov/dlr/index.html
- Business Fraud Alert - Business identity theft is growing. Quickly enroll your business to receive notifications instantly when changes are made to your business registration. https://secure.utah.gov/abr/abr
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses Online - Purchase a one-day fishing license online. Conveniently purchase hunting and fishing licenses online - even from your mobile device - and get out and enjoy the great outdoors! https://secure.utah.gov/hflo/
- Public Notice - Dedicated to bringing greater accessibility to public notice information and increased participation by the public, the Utah Public Notice Website is a central source for all public notice information statewide, provided in a standardized format for publishing. It allows the public to subscribe by either RSS feed or email to a public body to receive its notices and updates. http://www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html
- State Parks Annual Passes - Purchase a year parks pass for all of the State Parks in Utah. Great for summer travel with family and only $75. https://secure.utah.gov/parkspass/main/permit.html
- OnTime - Track public transportation vehicle locations in real-time. UTA riders can sign-up to receive scheduled SMS alerts notifying them when their bus or train is nearby. An easy to navigate map helps you find public transportation stops and routes near by. OnTime.utah.gov
- OneStop Business Registration - Save time and money by registering your business online with all the major state agencies. Manage your business registration with the Department of Commerce, the Tax Commission, and the Department of Workforce Services, as well as many cities from the comfort of your own home, 24/7. http://osbr.utah.gov
- Concealed Firearms - In addition to hundreds of other permits and licenses, you can renew your concealed weapons permit online. https://secure.utah.gov/concealed-firearms
- Accident Reports - Access your Utah Highway Patrol accident reports online. If you don’t find your city’s accident reports, contact your local police department to let them know you would like to be able to download accident reports online from Utah.Gov. https://secure.utah.gov/accidentreport/
To find out more information about Utah.Gov
RSS feeds: http://www.utah.gov/connect/feeds.html
Utah blogs: http://www.utah.gov/blogs/
Utah.gov is the entry point to over 1000 online services and benefits over 2.7 million residents in the State of Utah. Utah.gov provides citizens and businesses with more convenient options for interacting with government. Through Utah.gov, citizens can find public meetings, renew their vehicle registration, buy a hunting and fishing license, register a business, find a transparent state budget, and much more. In 2012 alone, Utah.gov received an unprecedented 24 awards making it the nation’s most honored state website. Utah.gov is managed and operated through a public-private partnership between the state and Utah Interactive, the Salt Lake City-based official eGovernment partner for the state of Utah. Utah Interactive is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” five times, most recently ranked at No.11 (2013), and the company has been included three times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jul. 4, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,147
Jul. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 861
Jul. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 879
Jul. 4, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 993
Jul. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,211
Jul. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 858
Jul. 4, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 814
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 978
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 923
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,419
Jul. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,444
Jul. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 970
Jul. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,215
Jul. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,392
Jul. 4, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,828