|By Business Wire||
|June 23, 2014 12:30 PM EDT||
Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced nationwide availability of HD Voice, as well as 28 new 4G LTE markets and three new Sprint Spark™ markets. To mark the milestones and the network’s improved performance, Sprint also announced a satisfaction guarantee inviting users to experience Sprint service risk-free for 30 days.
“We believe customers will be delighted with the Sprint retail experience, our customer service, and the performance of America’s newest network,” said Dan Hesse, Sprint Chief Executive Officer, “so we’re guaranteeing it.”
After a complete rip-and-replace overhaul of its 3G network and the deployment of 4G LTE in 471 markets, Sprint has transformed its network to deliver faster data speeds and improved call quality, with a marked decrease in dropped and blocked calls. New market launches, coverage expansions, and technical network advancements will continue in the coming months.
Today’s network milestones include:
- Nationwide availability of Sprint HD Voice, a new Sprint standard for crystal-clear voice calls. Sprint’s HD Voice provides a fuller, more natural-sounding voice, plus noise-cancelling technology that virtually eliminates background noise from places like busy roads or crowded restaurants.1 Sprint currently supports 28 HD Voice-capable postpaid smartphones and 33 prepaid phones. The company estimates approximately 16 million customers are currently using an HD Voice enabled device.
- 4G LTE in 28 new markets, including Seattle, Cleveland, and San Jose, bringing Sprint’s nationwide 4G LTE footprint to 471 cities covering more than 225 million people. Sprint expects to reach 250 million with 4G LTE coverage by mid-year.
- Sprint Spark in three new markets (St. Louis, Winston-Salem and Greensboro, N.C.). Sprint Spark is an enhanced LTE service that’s built for data and designed to deliver average wireless speeds of 6-15Mbps and peak wireless speeds of 50-60Mbps today on capable devices, with increasing speed potential over time. Sprint plans to reach 100 million people by year-end with the service. The capability is available in the following 27 cities: Austin, Texas; Baltimore; Chicago; Dallas; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Fort Worth, Texas; Houston; Jacksonville, Fla.; Kansas City, Kan./Mo.; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Newark, N.J.; Oakland, Calif.; Orlando, Fla.; Philadelphia; Provo, Utah; Salt Lake City; San Antonio; St. Louis; Tacoma, Wash.; Tampa, Fla.; Trenton, N.J; Waukegan, Ill.; Winston-Salem and Greensboro, N.C., and West Palm Beach, Fla.
- 8T8R radios will soon be deployed for improved coverage and signal strength. The new 8T8R radios transmit more data and boost network reliability, giving Sprint Spark customers better coverage and higher data speeds at 2.5GHz. Sprint is currently field testing its 8T8R equipment and expects to begin commercial deployment this summer.
- International WiFi calling, slated to be available in the coming weeks, will enable customers to make calls and send texts via WiFi in more than 100 countries. The service makes mobile communications possible virtually anywhere in the world and in nearly any network situation.
A Better Experience – Guaranteed
The satisfaction guarantee provides wireless users a risk-free experience of Sprint’s improved network, exclusive Framily plan, and unique services. If customers aren’t completely satisfied with the Sprint experience within the first 30 days, Sprint will refund the cost of their device and waive all service and activation charges.
The satisfaction guarantee is available beginning June 27 to new consumers and select small corporate liable customers who activate a new line of service at a Sprint company owned store or preferred retailer, by calling 1-800-SPRINT1 or using www.sprint.com/network. The guarantee is available to current customers adding new lines of service in a Sprint store, online at sprint.com or by calling 1-800-SPRINT1.
Sprint (NYSE: S) offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served nearly 55 million customers as of March 31, 2014 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved U.S. company in customer satisfaction, across all 43 industries, over the last six years. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America in 2011, 2012 and 2013. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 HD Voice requires call between two Sprint HD Voice enabled phones on Sprint network upgraded areas.
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,916
Aug. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 522
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 383
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,402
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,964
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 619
Aug. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,902
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 575
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 653
Aug. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 558
Aug. 26, 2016 11:20 AM EDT Reads: 333
Aug. 26, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,863
Aug. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 527
Aug. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,580
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,574