|By Marketwired .||
|June 23, 2014 05:02 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/23/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- Today, the White House announced that Ryan M. Pitts, a former active duty Army Staff Sergeant and current Oracle employee, will be awarded the Medal of Honor for conspicuous gallantry.
- The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration award from the United States government.
- Former Staff Sergeant Pitts will be awarded the Medal of Honor for his courageous actions while serving as a Forward Observer during combat operations in Afghanistan on July 13, 2008.
- Pitts will be the ninth living recipient to be awarded the Medal of Honor for actions in Iraq or Afghanistan. He and his family will join the President at the White House to commemorate his heroic actions and service.
- Pitts is a part of Oracle Direct as a Business Development Consultant, where he is focused on supporting Field Sales Reps through customer engagement.
- "Today we recognize the distinguished service and outstanding integrity of former Staff Sergeant Ryan Pitts as he receives our nation's highest military honor," said Oracle President Mark Hurd. "He has demonstrated leadership, dedication and a commitment to excellence and we are proud to have him as an Oracle employee."
- Oracle Veterans Programs
- President Obama to Award the Medal of Honor
- The Army's In-Depth Look at Ryan Pitts
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
May. 1, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,734
May. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,065
Apr. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 698
Apr. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
Apr. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Apr. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 721
Apr. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,064
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 583
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 764
Apr. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 572
Apr. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,444
Apr. 30, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 776
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,720