|By Marketwired .||
|June 23, 2014 05:19 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/23/14 -- Platinum Equity today announced the sale of Rec Boat Holdings ("RBH"), the manufacturer of Four Winns, Glastron, Wellcraft and Scarab brand boats, to the Bénéteau Group. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Platinum Equity acquired the portfolio of boat brands and related assets in 2010 from Genmar Holdings, Inc., through a transaction conducted under Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. Platinum Equity retains ownership of Flippin, Arkansas-based Fishing Boat Holdings, maker of the Ranger, Triton and Stratos boat brands that were also acquired at that time.
"RBH has come a long way in the last four years thanks to a lot of hard work, a strong management team, great support from the dealer network and the dedication of so many committed employees," said Platinum Equity Partner Louis Samson, who led the acquisition. "With the turnaround complete and the business on sound operational footing, the time is right for a transition to new ownership. Bénéteau Group is a world leader in boat manufacturing and is a perfect strategic fit for the Four Winns, Glastron, Wellcraft and Scarab brands. We are putting the business in good hands going forward."
The sale of RBH comes following four years of successful transformation and growth initiatives.
"Platinum Equity provided the commitment and the resources we needed to revive the business," said RBH CEO Roch Lambert. "We have made remarkable progress on each of the core components of our turnaround: improved manufacturing efficiency, world class products and a powerful distribution network. We have delivered on that strategy by constantly improving our processes and inspiring our people to be successful. The team in Cadillac is excited to join such a prestigious boat company as Bénéteau Group and we look forward to the opportunities ahead."
Highlights of the operational turnaround over the last four years include:
- Assembled a top-flight management team in 2010 led by Mr. Lambert, an experienced operator in the boat and engine manufacturing industries.
- Redesigned the overall Four Winns and Glastron product lines, launching more than 35 new models of Four Winns and Glastron boats since 2010. Currently revitalizing the Wellcraft line up in model year 2014 with updated interiors, along with new future models in the design phase.
- Rejuvenated the manufacturing operations in Cadillac, Mich., doubling employment at the facility from 2010 to today. Under Platinum Equity's ownership the company invested approximately $9 million in capital improvements at the Cadillac manufacturing facility and enacted major quality and manufacturing efficiency initiatives that resulted in more streamlined production processes and improved finished product.
- Launched the new Scarab line of jet boats in 2014 with three new models in market today. A new Scarab dealer network was built from the ground up in 2013 with the company adding over 120 retailers worldwide.
- Implemented a global network development plan to improve dealer relations. Based on feedback from the field, created stronger differentiation between the boat brands with each offering unique attributes and distinctive styling.
Founded by Tom Gores, Platinum Equity also owns Michigan-based businesses Active Aero, Chassix, the Detroit Pistons and Palace Sports & Entertainment (PS&E).
About Platinum Equity
Founded by Tom Gores in 1995, Platinum Equity is a global investment firm with more than $7 billion in assets under management and a portfolio of operating companies that generated approximately $15 billion in revenue in 2013. Platinum Equity specializes in mergers, acquisitions and operations -- a trademarked strategy the firm calls M&A&O® -- acquiring and operating companies in a broad range of business markets, including manufacturing, information technology, telecommunications, transportation and logistics, media, equipment rental, metals and other industries. Over the past 19 years Platinum Equity has completed more than 150 acquisitions.
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,966
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,858
Jul. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,460
Jul. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
Jul. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,796
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,129
Jul. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 874
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,811
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,122
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 868
Jul. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,553
Jul. 23, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,213
Jul. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,109
Jul. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 836