|By Business Wire||
|June 23, 2014 05:27 PM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2014 (1Q14) 3G and LTE Mobile Broadband Devices and Subscribers market share, size, and forecasts report.
The comprehensive report tracks over 50 mobile broadband market segments and sub-segments, including smartphones, operating systems (OS), routers, cards, USBs, embedded devices (such as tablets) and subscribers, all by the type of network they connect to, including LTE, W-CDMA/HSPA, and other networks.
“The tremendous LTE network build taking place in China is going to result in a significant upside for LTE-enabled smartphones and tablets. Specifically, TDD-LTE devices are poised to be the world’s fastest-growing segment as the Chinese market joins the LTE smartphone revolution,” notes Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and The Internet of Things at Infonetics Research.
MOBILE BROADBAND MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The hangover from the holiday season impacted the usually-dynamic FDD-LTE smartphone segment in 1Q14, with revenue dipping 14% quarter-over-quarter, to $43 billion
- The only smartphone technologies to grow sequentially in 1Q14 were TD-SCDMA and TDD-LTE
- In 1Q14, mobile router revenue grew 24% sequentially and from the year-ago 1st quarter
- Meanwhile, mobile e-reader sales nose-dived 46% in 1Q14 from a year ago
- In the USB card segment, FDD-LTE cards made up 44% of revenue, overtaking W-CDMA
- Lower-cost, entry-level devices based on W-CDMA are growing in popularity, sparked by a determined push by Chinese OEMs keen to grab market share
- On the vendor front, the acquisition of Motorola by Lenovo positions the company among the tier of top players (Apple, Huawei, LG, Nokia, Samsung, Sony)
- TDD-LTE embedded tablets are forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 155% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018
MOBILE DEVICE ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join analysts Godfrey Chua and Richard Webb June 24 at 11:00 AM EDT for a live quarterly mobile broadband device market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=784.
Infonetics' quarterly mobile broadband device report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for smartphones; embedded mobile broadband devices (tablets, PCs, netbooks, mobile internet devices) and modems; mobile broadband USBs, routers, and mobile hotspots; operating systems (Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc.); and subscribers. Companies tracked: Amazon, Apple, Blackberry, Dell, Ericsson, Google, HTC, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Novatel, Qualcomm, RIM, Samsung, Sierra Wireless, Sony, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Europe’s Big 5 push for consolidation as mobile service revenue drags on the global market
- Evolved packet core market more than doubles in 1Q14, offsetting 2G/3G skid
- China Mobile, AT&T, and Vodafone among world’s top M2M service providers
- EDGE and HSPA/HSPA+ holding steady in face of LTE blitz – new IP RAN study
- Mobile M2M module market to nearly double to $2.9 billion by 2018
- China's huge LTE rollouts and EU network upgrades push carrier capex to $354B this year
- China Mobile increases capital intensity 6% year-over-year
- Is Brazil mobile-ready for FIFA World Cup? Infonetics report says no
RECENT AND UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH
- Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers (June)
- Connected Car M2M Connections & Services Forecast (July)
- LTE Strategies & Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey (July)
- Smart Grid M2M Connections and Services (Aug.)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN (June 19: Attend)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (View on-demand)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (View on-demand)
- How Connected Cars Drive Revenue for M2M Service Providers (Aug 5: Sponsor)
- Planning For, Deploying and Operating HetNets (Aug 7: Sponsor)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (Sept. 25: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard [email protected] +1 408-583-3335
N.A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne [email protected] +1 408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song [email protected] +86 21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics [email protected] +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP [email protected], +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at www.infonetics.com/downloads/2013-Market-Research-Services-Gain-a-Competitive-Edge-with-Infonetics.pdf.
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 282
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 142
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 112
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 440
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 116
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 282
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 362
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 370
Nov. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 473
Nov. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 263
Nov. 26, 2015 08:30 AM EST Reads: 187
Nov. 26, 2015 06:45 AM EST Reads: 397
Nov. 26, 2015 06:15 AM EST Reads: 300
Nov. 26, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 355