|By Business Wire||
|June 24, 2014 10:30 AM EDT||
FrontRange, the Hybrid IT software company, today announced the release of HEAT 2014.2. The latest version of HEAT provides enterprises and service providers with critical new features in the areas of Business Intelligence and Integration as well as further enhances the overall configuration capabilities through a more elegant and intuitive administrator user interface.
As the first service management solution that supports both on-premise and cloud applications through a unified code base, HEAT provides customers with unparalleled flexibility as their business needs evolve over time.
HEAT 2014.2 delivers a number of significant new features that include:
• Release Package Tool: effectively tracks and manages administrative changes to individual projects and supports the overall Service Management application lifecycle with a well-defined change process to move configuration changes between development and production environments.
• Saved Search Enhancements: supports more intuitive and complex queries that can be grouped and automatically formatted for better usability when building queries.
• Updated Form Designer: delivers faster and more consistent form design with drag and drop capabilities and new WYSIWIG form layout generator.
• Updated Admin UI: provides service desk administrators with an entity relationship diagram (ERD) visualization tool to help them view relationships between objects and to identify how to join tables for advanced reporting purposes. A new communications manager supports editing of all customer interactions from a single location. In addition, the new admin UI features advanced indexing capabilities that provide fine grain control over which items are indexed.
• XML Import: this extension, which allows hierarchical XML files to be imported, enables multiple related business objects – such as “employees”, “teams”, and “roles” – to be imported at once.
• Enhancement support for MSP’s: for customers managing multiple tenants, such as Managed Service Providers, HEAT 2014.2 now extracts summary/grid data to the master tenant that shared service desk agents can use as work queues. This fully secure feature supports standard grid behaviors such as sorting, filtering and paging.
• Ad-hoc Reports: this new capability enables end users and administrators to quickly generate and run ad-hoc reports with much greater flexibility without the need for SSRS for simple reports. Access to reporting is enabled strictly by role to ensure robust security.
• Workflow: major enhancements to HEAT 2014.2’s workflow approval block provide a more intuitive interface, better security that prevents users from approving their own requests, offers comment fields when approving or denying requests and supports dynamic approval and denial criteria.
• User Authentication Enhancements: provides greater control over user sessions, HEAT 2014.2 supports seamless sign-on that establishes a specific SSO provider as a default that enables users to be directly logged in an app without having to navigate additional links. This upgraded authentication also provides the ability to force users to change passwords for their next log-in and can terminate user session to better utilize concurrent licenses.
• New Analytic Metrics: HEAT 2014.2 features a new business intelligence tool that uses multi-dimensional charting that summarizes data from multiple business objects and features a financial management module that tracks costs-per-service that can be used for historical comparisons to baselines and budgets.
“Enterprise and MSP service desks are becoming more strategic by the day given the growing complexity of IT and application infrastructures,” said Udo Waibel, CTO of FrontRange. “To help deal with this complexity, we’ve added a considerable number of new capabilities to our HEAT platform that will have a direct impact on improving operational efficiencies and overall business productivity for our customers. In addition to beefing up security and streamlining workflow processes, we’re integrating new business intelligence into the platform that will yield important new insights in our customers’ global operations.”
HEAT 2014.2 is now generally available. For more information, visit HEAT 2014.2 release notes.
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. and can be found at http://www.frontrange.com.
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 413
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 174
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 411
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 172
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 155
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 464
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 542
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 538
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 315
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 384
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 398
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 307
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 491
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 27, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 221
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 292