|By Business Wire||
|June 24, 2014 10:30 AM EDT||
FrontRange, the Hybrid IT software company, today announced the release of HEAT 2014.2. The latest version of HEAT provides enterprises and service providers with critical new features in the areas of Business Intelligence and Integration as well as further enhances the overall configuration capabilities through a more elegant and intuitive administrator user interface.
As the first service management solution that supports both on-premise and cloud applications through a unified code base, HEAT provides customers with unparalleled flexibility as their business needs evolve over time.
HEAT 2014.2 delivers a number of significant new features that include:
• Release Package Tool: effectively tracks and manages administrative changes to individual projects and supports the overall Service Management application lifecycle with a well-defined change process to move configuration changes between development and production environments.
• Saved Search Enhancements: supports more intuitive and complex queries that can be grouped and automatically formatted for better usability when building queries.
• Updated Form Designer: delivers faster and more consistent form design with drag and drop capabilities and new WYSIWIG form layout generator.
• Updated Admin UI: provides service desk administrators with an entity relationship diagram (ERD) visualization tool to help them view relationships between objects and to identify how to join tables for advanced reporting purposes. A new communications manager supports editing of all customer interactions from a single location. In addition, the new admin UI features advanced indexing capabilities that provide fine grain control over which items are indexed.
• XML Import: this extension, which allows hierarchical XML files to be imported, enables multiple related business objects – such as “employees”, “teams”, and “roles” – to be imported at once.
• Enhancement support for MSP’s: for customers managing multiple tenants, such as Managed Service Providers, HEAT 2014.2 now extracts summary/grid data to the master tenant that shared service desk agents can use as work queues. This fully secure feature supports standard grid behaviors such as sorting, filtering and paging.
• Ad-hoc Reports: this new capability enables end users and administrators to quickly generate and run ad-hoc reports with much greater flexibility without the need for SSRS for simple reports. Access to reporting is enabled strictly by role to ensure robust security.
• Workflow: major enhancements to HEAT 2014.2’s workflow approval block provide a more intuitive interface, better security that prevents users from approving their own requests, offers comment fields when approving or denying requests and supports dynamic approval and denial criteria.
• User Authentication Enhancements: provides greater control over user sessions, HEAT 2014.2 supports seamless sign-on that establishes a specific SSO provider as a default that enables users to be directly logged in an app without having to navigate additional links. This upgraded authentication also provides the ability to force users to change passwords for their next log-in and can terminate user session to better utilize concurrent licenses.
• New Analytic Metrics: HEAT 2014.2 features a new business intelligence tool that uses multi-dimensional charting that summarizes data from multiple business objects and features a financial management module that tracks costs-per-service that can be used for historical comparisons to baselines and budgets.
“Enterprise and MSP service desks are becoming more strategic by the day given the growing complexity of IT and application infrastructures,” said Udo Waibel, CTO of FrontRange. “To help deal with this complexity, we’ve added a considerable number of new capabilities to our HEAT platform that will have a direct impact on improving operational efficiencies and overall business productivity for our customers. In addition to beefing up security and streamlining workflow processes, we’re integrating new business intelligence into the platform that will yield important new insights in our customers’ global operations.”
HEAT 2014.2 is now generally available. For more information, visit HEAT 2014.2 release notes.
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. and can be found at http://www.frontrange.com.
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 23, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 23, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,297
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,661
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 618
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,692
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,393
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,324
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,861
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,816
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,200
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,517
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,575
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,402
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 22, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 985
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,107