|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With the growth of digital lifestyle services, communications service providers (CSPs) need agile and flexible networks to shorten their service development lifecycle and differentiate themselves from their competitors. Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) enables CSPs to accelerate the convergence of their IT and network domains and bring new services and applications to the marketplace more quickly. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator supports CSPs in their migration to NFV, enabling them to move away from rigid network architectures designed for a few select services to a flexible platform that can be automatically reconfigured to support current and future services.
- Oracle today announced the release of Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator, which manages the lifecycle of a virtual network function -- a software component that can be deployed on a virtualized infrastructure -- to help launch next-generation network services significantly faster by virtually eliminating the need to secure and deploy new network hardware for each service.
- NFV is considered the next generation of network architecture, with the potential to significantly reduce telecommunications network complexity by replacing incompatible network appliances with standardized software that is easier to configure, upgrade, and operate.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator reduces deployment time considerably for new network functions, enabling CSPs to improve operational efficiency and service agility.
- The new solution is also designed to work with Oracle Communications Core Session Manager, a solution that helps CSPs virtualize network infrastructures to support NFV efforts.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator supports NFV architecture standards from the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the main standards body guiding NFV development. The new solution helps CSPs:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of a virtual network function, enabling them to more easily orchestrate the complex network environments required by emerging services
- Respond to changes in network capacity requirements by monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), such as subscriber connection requests, and automatically deploying virtual network functions to meet network capacity demand
- In addition, Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator can integrate with multiple virtualization infrastructure managers to support a flexible, multi-cloud environment and help avoid vendor lock-in.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator is designed to fulfill the role of virtual network function manager in the ETSI architecture.
- "Replacing hardware networking elements with standalone, virtualized network functions instances is not enough for CSPs to unlock network virtualization service agility benefits. They also need interoperable, standardized application programming interfaces (APIs) between virtualized network functions, virtualized network functions managers, virtualized infrastructure managers, orchestrators, policy controllers, and OSS service orchestration. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator provides an essential piece in ETSI's NFV architecture that will facilitate CSPs' transition to virtualized next-generation networks," said Glen Ragoonanan, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
- "As smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices explode in popularity, communications service providers are experiencing increasing pressure to deliver compelling data services while competing with over-the-top providers to remain relevant. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator enables CSPs to move away from rigid network architectures to a flexible platform that can be easily reconfigured to address any number of current or future services," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator Data Sheet
- Oracle Communications Core Session Manager
- Connect with Oracle Communications on Diigo, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 24, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 952
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Feb. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 6,280
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 23, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 7,003
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Feb. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 4,589
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 23, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,506
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,289
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 23, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,445
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 23, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 8,020
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,372
FinTech is the sum of financial and technology, and it’s one of the fastest growing tech industries. Total global investments in FinTech almost reached $50 billion last year, but there is still a great deal of confusion over what it is and what it means – especially as it applies to retirement. Building financial startups is not simple, but with the right team, technology and an innovative approach it can be an extremely interesting domain to disrupt. FinTech heralds a financial revolution that...
Feb. 23, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,738
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 23, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,449
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,288
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 23, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 13,040
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,498