|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enhancements to Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provide a fast, efficient way to accelerate virtual machine (VM) deployment and monitoring, while virtually eliminating boot storms. The midrange ZFS Storage ZS3-2 can boot over 16,000 simultaneous VMs in under seven minutes. Cloud capabilities have been extended in Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, adding the OpenStack Cinder driver for simplified cloud provisioning and orchestration, and integrated RESTful management APIs to enable customers to use common methods to deploy public and private clouds and provide IT as a service. Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of storage for Oracle's public and private cloud offerings.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances with Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2 are ideal for modern cloud and virtual server environments, enabling customers to simplify IT infrastructure, reduce capital and operational expenses, and deliver reliable, high performance, economical cloud storage.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now supports more than 16,000 VM boots from a single platform in under seven minutes. The system easily handles unpredictable VM workloads which saturate conventional NAS storage systems and provides enterprises with unparalleled levels of protection against boot storms.
- The new OS powers Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2's new world records.
- With Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances now support OpenStack Cinder and a complete set of RESTful management APIs to enable customers to easily take advantage of the VM scalability of Oracle's ZS3 Series storage to deploy private cloud environments and IT as a service.
- The application engineered Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances join Oracle's portfolio of software and hardware with OpenStack support including Oracle Solaris 11.2, Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now scales to 1.5 PB capacity and 1TB memory per cluster and provides a powerful, cost-effective entry point into the ZFS Storage Appliance Series that can significantly increase performance and efficiency in high-density VM environments, while lowering CAPEX and OPEX.
- Deployed with the Virtual Compute Appliance and Oracle software, the Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provides unique application engineered storage capabilities, unavailable with third-party products, which help improve performance and increase storage and management efficiency.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of public and private cloud storage inside Oracle. Oracle is now the second largest cloud SaaS company in the world.
- "Today's heavily virtualized data centers demand efficient, high-performance storage in order to avoid performance issues and operational disruption caused by unpredictable virtual machine workloads and boot storms," said Scott Tracy, vice president, Storage Software, Oracle. "The new capabilities delivered by the Oracle ZS3 storage systems provide valuable architectural benefits and superb analytics to support high-density virtualized environments. As a result, customers are able to keep their operations running at full speed in order to remain agile and respond to valuable business opportunities."
- "M&R Printing undertook a major consolidation and virtualization initiative using Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance to support Oracle Database 11g production and dev/test environments," said Jason Coe, IT Manager, M&R, Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturers of screen printing equipment. "The initiative has been an enormous success, as we've achieved significant savings and gained scalability, as well as unimaginable flexibility and performance in our IT environment."
- Oracle's ZS3 Series Storage
- Usability Comparison White Paper: Oracle ZFS Storage vs. NetApp FAS Storage
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT ...
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 243
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, foc...
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 405
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 146
Recently announced Azure Data Lake addresses the big data 3V challenges; volume, velocity and variety. It is one more storage feature in addition to blobs and SQL Azure database. Azure Data Lake (should have been Azure Data Ocean IMHO) is really omnipotent. Just look at the key capabilities of Azure Data Lake:
Oct. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 146
The cloud has reached mainstream IT. Those 18.7 million data centers out there (server closets to corporate data centers to colocation deployments) are moving to the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Achim Weiss, CEO & co-founder of ProfitBricks, will share how two companies – one in the U.S. and one in Germany – are achieving their goals with cloud infrastructure. More than a case study, he will share the details of how they prioritized their cloud computing infrastructure deployments ...
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 668
Decisions about budgets and resources are often made without IT even having a seat at the table. As technologist we understand the value of DevOps - but do your business counterparts? If they don't, your DevOps initiatives could lose funding before they start. In her session at DevOps Summit, Jeanne Morain, Strategist / Author at iSpeak Cloud, LLC, will provide insights on how to bridge the gap between business and technology leaders. Attendees will learn prescriptive guidance on balancing wor...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 564
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 346
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 420
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 765
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 199
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 5, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 608
Today, we are in the middle of a paradigm shift as we move from managing applications on VMs and containers to embracing everything that the cloud and XaaS (Everything as a Service) has to offer. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hoffman, Advisory Solutions Architect at Pivotal Cloud Foundry, will provide an overview of 12-factor apps and migrating enterprise apps to the cloud. Kevin Hoffman is an Advisory Solutions Architect for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and has spent the past 20 years b...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 690
While testing is often ignored when it comes to DevOps - it could be the most important aspect of achieving true DevOps success. Without rethinking automated testing from the ground-up, the entire DevOps productivity gain cannot be realized. Large tech companies build their own rapid test automation that runs in minutes across functional, performance, security and other tests. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Surace, CEO of Appvance, will discuss how we learn from these real-world succe...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 419
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, will explore HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Oct. 5, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 691
SYS-CON Events announced today that Logz.io has been named a "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Logz.io provides open-source software ELK turned into a log analytics platform that is simple, infinitely- scalable, highly available, and secure.
Oct. 5, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 900