|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enhancements to Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provide a fast, efficient way to accelerate virtual machine (VM) deployment and monitoring, while virtually eliminating boot storms. The midrange ZFS Storage ZS3-2 can boot over 16,000 simultaneous VMs in under seven minutes. Cloud capabilities have been extended in Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, adding the OpenStack Cinder driver for simplified cloud provisioning and orchestration, and integrated RESTful management APIs to enable customers to use common methods to deploy public and private clouds and provide IT as a service. Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of storage for Oracle's public and private cloud offerings.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances with Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2 are ideal for modern cloud and virtual server environments, enabling customers to simplify IT infrastructure, reduce capital and operational expenses, and deliver reliable, high performance, economical cloud storage.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now supports more than 16,000 VM boots from a single platform in under seven minutes. The system easily handles unpredictable VM workloads which saturate conventional NAS storage systems and provides enterprises with unparalleled levels of protection against boot storms.
- The new OS powers Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2's new world records.
- With Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances now support OpenStack Cinder and a complete set of RESTful management APIs to enable customers to easily take advantage of the VM scalability of Oracle's ZS3 Series storage to deploy private cloud environments and IT as a service.
- The application engineered Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances join Oracle's portfolio of software and hardware with OpenStack support including Oracle Solaris 11.2, Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now scales to 1.5 PB capacity and 1TB memory per cluster and provides a powerful, cost-effective entry point into the ZFS Storage Appliance Series that can significantly increase performance and efficiency in high-density VM environments, while lowering CAPEX and OPEX.
- Deployed with the Virtual Compute Appliance and Oracle software, the Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provides unique application engineered storage capabilities, unavailable with third-party products, which help improve performance and increase storage and management efficiency.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of public and private cloud storage inside Oracle. Oracle is now the second largest cloud SaaS company in the world.
- "Today's heavily virtualized data centers demand efficient, high-performance storage in order to avoid performance issues and operational disruption caused by unpredictable virtual machine workloads and boot storms," said Scott Tracy, vice president, Storage Software, Oracle. "The new capabilities delivered by the Oracle ZS3 storage systems provide valuable architectural benefits and superb analytics to support high-density virtualized environments. As a result, customers are able to keep their operations running at full speed in order to remain agile and respond to valuable business opportunities."
- "M&R Printing undertook a major consolidation and virtualization initiative using Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance to support Oracle Database 11g production and dev/test environments," said Jason Coe, IT Manager, M&R, Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturers of screen printing equipment. "The initiative has been an enormous success, as we've achieved significant savings and gained scalability, as well as unimaginable flexibility and performance in our IT environment."
- Oracle's ZS3 Series Storage
- Usability Comparison White Paper: Oracle ZFS Storage vs. NetApp FAS Storage
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Feb. 7, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 139
Feb. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 319
Feb. 7, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 191
Feb. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 264
Feb. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 373
Feb. 7, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 142
Feb. 7, 2016 02:00 PM EST
Feb. 7, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 559
Feb. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 364
Feb. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST
Feb. 7, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 186
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 333
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 156
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 346
Feb. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 129