|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enhancements to Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provide a fast, efficient way to accelerate virtual machine (VM) deployment and monitoring, while virtually eliminating boot storms. The midrange ZFS Storage ZS3-2 can boot over 16,000 simultaneous VMs in under seven minutes. Cloud capabilities have been extended in Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, adding the OpenStack Cinder driver for simplified cloud provisioning and orchestration, and integrated RESTful management APIs to enable customers to use common methods to deploy public and private clouds and provide IT as a service. Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of storage for Oracle's public and private cloud offerings.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances with Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2 are ideal for modern cloud and virtual server environments, enabling customers to simplify IT infrastructure, reduce capital and operational expenses, and deliver reliable, high performance, economical cloud storage.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now supports more than 16,000 VM boots from a single platform in under seven minutes. The system easily handles unpredictable VM workloads which saturate conventional NAS storage systems and provides enterprises with unparalleled levels of protection against boot storms.
- The new OS powers Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2's new world records.
- With Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances now support OpenStack Cinder and a complete set of RESTful management APIs to enable customers to easily take advantage of the VM scalability of Oracle's ZS3 Series storage to deploy private cloud environments and IT as a service.
- The application engineered Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances join Oracle's portfolio of software and hardware with OpenStack support including Oracle Solaris 11.2, Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now scales to 1.5 PB capacity and 1TB memory per cluster and provides a powerful, cost-effective entry point into the ZFS Storage Appliance Series that can significantly increase performance and efficiency in high-density VM environments, while lowering CAPEX and OPEX.
- Deployed with the Virtual Compute Appliance and Oracle software, the Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provides unique application engineered storage capabilities, unavailable with third-party products, which help improve performance and increase storage and management efficiency.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of public and private cloud storage inside Oracle. Oracle is now the second largest cloud SaaS company in the world.
- "Today's heavily virtualized data centers demand efficient, high-performance storage in order to avoid performance issues and operational disruption caused by unpredictable virtual machine workloads and boot storms," said Scott Tracy, vice president, Storage Software, Oracle. "The new capabilities delivered by the Oracle ZS3 storage systems provide valuable architectural benefits and superb analytics to support high-density virtualized environments. As a result, customers are able to keep their operations running at full speed in order to remain agile and respond to valuable business opportunities."
- "M&R Printing undertook a major consolidation and virtualization initiative using Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance to support Oracle Database 11g production and dev/test environments," said Jason Coe, IT Manager, M&R, Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturers of screen printing equipment. "The initiative has been an enormous success, as we've achieved significant savings and gained scalability, as well as unimaginable flexibility and performance in our IT environment."
- Oracle's ZS3 Series Storage
- Usability Comparison White Paper: Oracle ZFS Storage vs. NetApp FAS Storage
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,192
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 603
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, discussed how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from millio...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,198
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 707
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,978
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,550
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,151
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,144
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 672
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,786
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,185
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,394
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,371
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,223
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,213