|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
SACRAMENTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- e.Republic's Center for Digital Education (CDE) will present the second-annual Digital Content and Curriculum Achievement Awards (DCCAA) for K-12 at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 conference in Atlanta on June 30.
"We are excited to announce the honorees of the 2014 Digital Content and Curriculum Achievement Awards," said Alan Cox, Senior Vice President for the Center for Digital Education. "This year's winners are leveraging the power of digital content and curriculum in creative ways that enhance and personalize learning. They offer innovative examples for other schools to emulate. The Center for Digital Education congratulates them all for their leadership in moving education forward!"
The awardees are using technology to advance digital curriculum and content in exciting ways. Here are some highlights:
- Highline School District, Wash., has seen a dramatic increase in elementary math scores with the use of adaptive digital tools. Since 2012-13, all K-8 students have accessed an adaptive digital math partner for 90 minutes a week. Internal data show students made at least 75 percent progress toward completing their syllabus work and were 38 percent more likely to pass state exams than students with less syllabus progress. At sixth grade, test scores increased from 15 points below the state average to 2 points above.
- In Florida, Broward County Public Schools' Digital 5 Pathway to Personalized Learning program gives fifth graders in selected schools daily access to a digital curriculum, digital devices and digital tools for learning. A unique approach to a one-to-one initiative, Digital 5 combines new reading and mathematics curricula with a blended learning environment that personalizes instruction and allows for self-paced learning. Preliminary evaluation results have shown high student engagement, increased attendance and a significant decline in student behavioral issues. These results have led to Broward to double the number of Digital 5 schools for the upcoming year and add new programs to support sixth and ninth grade.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's Common Core Technology Project aims to provide all 600,000+ students with a device preloaded with digital content aligned to the Common Core State Standards. So far 76,000 devices have been deployed and thousands of teachers trained in their use and accompanying content. Currently digital curriculum in mathematics and English language arts is interactive and technology-enhanced. A substantial investment to increase the District's infrastructure was made to enable the use of a massive mobile device management system which is deploying applications to all District devices. A comprehensive security strategy allows the District to track and recover devices that are lost or stolen.
The K-12 honorees in each category:
K-12 Small-Medium District/School (up to 12,000 students)
- Encinitas Union School District, Calif. - One to One Digital Learning Program
- Henry County Public Schools, Va. - 21st Century Mobile Learning
- Leyden High School District 212, Ill. - Taking Learning to the Cloud: Leyden's 1:1 Program
- Monroe County Schools, Ga. - Mobile and Measurable Math
- Vail Unified School District, Ariz. - Beyond Textbooks
K-12 Large District/School (12,000 or more students)
- Atlanta Public Schools - Trekking through 21st Century Learning with myBackPack
- Broward County Public Schools, Fla. - Digital 5: Broward's Pathway to Personalized Learning
- Clark County School District, Nev. - E3 Project: Engage, Empower, Explore and District Technology Plan
- Highline School District, Wash. - BlendED: Adaptive Tools as a Pathway to Success
- Houston Independent School District - An Overarching Solution for 21st Century Learning
- Los Angeles Unified School District - Common Core Technology Project Leads 1:1 Initiative
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Tenn. - MNPS All Stars: Transforming Instruction with a Click of the Mouse
- Orange County Public Schools, Fla. - Cloud Connect
CDE thanks our Premier Sponsor, Samsung, and sponsors AMD, Infoblox and T-Mobile, for underwriting the 2014 Digital Content and Curriculum Achievement Awards.
About The Center for Digital Education
The Center for Digital Education (CDE) is a national research and advisory institute specializing in K-12 and higher education technology trends, policy, and funding. CDE provides education and industry leaders with decision support and actionable insight to help effectively incorporate new technologies in the 21st century.
CDE is a division of e.Republic, the nation's only media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education.
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,182
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,695
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,011
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,152
Dec. 5, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 836
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 661
Dec. 5, 2016 12:34 PM EST Reads: 164
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 940
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,285
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 923
Dec. 5, 2016 11:38 AM EST Reads: 187
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 784
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 762
Dec. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 939
Dec. 5, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 662