|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 01:51 PM EDT||
DEFY Media, a leading creator and distributor of digital content and home to top media and YouTube brands SMOSH, AWEMe, Clevver, and Break, today announced the launch of its “Creators Program.” The program will build upon the company’s established YouTube partner network with new programming and co-production offerings that will allow qualified YouTube creators the ability to leverage new distribution channels and explore additional revenue opportunities.
The “Creators Program” provides content partners with personalized strategic services and resources leveraging DEFY Media’s in-house expertise in building brand franchises and successful multi-platform expansion across mobile apps, retail and digital merchandising, sponsorship, and content syndication. Partners will work closely with DEFY’s creative lab for the development of new content initiatives and talent collaborations unique to DEFY Media’s owned and operated portfolio of top ranked digital brands and award-winning talent across comedy, entertainment, gaming, beauty and fashion that together reach more than 155 million unique viewers each month.
“DEFY Media’s ‘Creators Program’ stands apart by giving digital talent a true one-on-one experience centered on building the right opportunities and partnerships that will take their careers to the next level,” commented Michael Chiang, DEFY Media’s SVP of Strategy & Operations. “Our partners will collaborate with the same team behind the success of some of the biggest digital brands in the world and tap into valuable resources to build a business beyond their personal channel.”
Launch partners include popular digital talents Kingsley, Greg Benson, Marié Digby and Game Theorists’ Matthew Patrick, who will each debut new projects in partnership with DEFY Media in the coming months:
- Greg Benson (actor, writer, director/Mediocre Films): Greg contributed to Break.com’s recent “Prank it FWD” program, producing a heartwarming black-tie event at a homeless shelter that helped drive the program past 25 million views and a significant donation to a charitable partner. Greg continues as an ambassador of the program which returns this holiday season.
- Kingsley: Nearing three million YouTube subscribers and over 300 million views, Kingsley is the leading voice of poignant and comedic commentary on pop culture, entertainment, memes, and celebrity lifestyle. Kingsley’s next big project is a ClevverTV show that takes it all to the next level.
- Marié Digby (singer, songwriter, musician): This multi-talented musical powerhouse will release Chimera later this summer, an EP of original songs and accompanying music videos co-produced and distributed through DEFY Media.
- Matthew Patrick (Game Theorists): Fusing video games and science, Matthew Patrick's Game Theorists (2.2M subs) is one of YouTube's most unique gaming channels and one of the platform's top 100 fastest-growing. Matthew will leverage DEFY’s content syndication relationships and expansive gaming portfolio that includes The Escapist, Gamefront, and Game Trailers.
“I’ve been working with DEFY Media for almost two years and the opportunity to create something new and different for my viewers is incredible,” commented Kingsley. “I really love creating funny, insightful, and honest content and commentary on my channel, however, hosting a pop-culture and entertainment show has been a goal of mine and I’m excited to see this come to fruition with DEFY and ClevverTV.”
DEFY Media recently announced a strategic partnership and investment from VIACOM that included DEFY’s acquisition of leading gaming properties Game Trailers, Addicting Games and Shockwave, expanding the company’s unmatched reach to 13-34 consumers across its owned and operated brand brand portfolio which includes Break, SMOSH, AWEme, Clevver, The Gloss, Made Man and Screen Junkies DEFY counts more than 40MM YouTube subscribers, 55MM social media followers and recently surpassed 10MM downloads of its mobile viewing and gaming apps.
- DEFY Media talent and executives will be at Vidcon 2014 hosting Suite 203B from June 26-28. For inquiries or to schedule a meeting, please contact [email protected].
About DEFY MEDIA
DEFY Media is the definitive media company for the digital generation, formed by the 2013 merger of Alloy Digital and Break Media. The merger united two companies with strong legacies and expertise in creating influential and culturally significant entertainment properties for 12-34 year old consumers. DEFY Media creates some of the most popular content in digital under its leading portfolio of brands, including Break, Clevver, Made Man, SMOSH, Screen Junkies, The Gloss, and The Escapist, together reaching over 155 million consumers monthly through owned web, YouTube, mobile, social, and emerging OTT platforms. The world's top brands partner with DEFY to build immersive advertising solutions that deliver unparalleled access to this influential audience. With uniquely integrated capabilities in content development, studio production, distribution and promotion, DEFY Media is built for content delivery in the digital age. Please visit us at www.DEFYMedia.com.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,356
Jan. 20, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 5,451
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,089
Jan. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,474
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,950
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,805
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,534
Jan. 20, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,078
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,649
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,126
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 619
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,732
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,237
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,597
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,578