|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today, Oracle welcomed its partners around the globe to the annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) kickoff, where it provided them with the strategies, insights, and resources they need to succeed and profit with Oracle in the current fiscal year. Hosted by Oracle executives, the live, virtual session unveiled new OPN enablement resources, including new incentive programs, designed to help partners innovate faster, service customers better, differentiate themselves in the market and grow their businesses with Oracle.
"We are celebrating the successes of our partner community and the vast contribution they make to both Oracle and our customers worldwide. We are also arming them with the strategies, technology and programs they need to continue to succeed, innovate and build a better, more profitable business with Oracle," said Rich Geraffo, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels, Oracle.
- At its sixth annual Oracle PartnerNetwork global kickoff event today, Oracle executives outlined key strategies, insights, and programs designed to help Oracle's 25,000 partners grow and profit in fiscal year 2015 (FY2015).
- Enhanced OPN enablement resources announced include the availability of additional Oracle Exastack certifications, enriched incentive programs, and a mobile-ready OPN Solutions Catalog.
- Oracle's partners continue to find success and marketplace differentiation through the OPN Specialized program. Currently, more than 5,000 partners have obtained OPN Specialized status in more than 44,000 Specializations.
- Today, partners have the ability to become OPN Specialized in more than 150 available technology, application, solution, and industry certification areas including Oracle Fusion Applications, cloud and Oracle engineered systems offerings, which are all seeing rapid adoption.
- The number of new certification specialists alone has grown 10 percent in the past fiscal year, bringing the total to more than 120,000 certified specialists worldwide.
- To view a replay of the Oracle PartnerNetwork kickoff, visit: http://bit.ly/1pgDjXL
Incentivizing Strategic Partner Selling
- The OPN Incentive Program, which offers partners rebates on select Oracle technologies and rewards partners for investing in areas strategic to Oracle, was designed for broad market success and to provide partners the opportunity to acquire new customers and close larger deals, while gaining greater margins.
- In FY2015, the OPN Incentive Program is enhancing the way it pays partner rebates, moving from quarterly to monthly payments and significantly shortening the cycle time it takes to process payments. This new payment system will go into effect with FY2015 business.
- Oracle is also increasing focus on sales for partners who are selling Oracle on Oracle solutions and simplifying the way partners can earn rebates when they do so.
- Oracle's Virtual Compute Appliance, an integrated, software-defined converged infrastructure system designed to run virtually any application and to support cloud services, has also been added to the Strategic Product List, enabling partners to receive incremental rebates when selling this product in the broad market.
Extending Partner Opportunity with Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud breaks down traditional cloud and business process silos by offering the broadest selection of enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Oracle Applications, platform, and infrastructure services, allowing partners to deploy clouds solutions however their customers choose, both on-premises or on a subscription basis.
- Today, more than 15,000 individuals have achieved Oracle Cloud specialist certifications and 600 partners have achieved Cloud Specializations.
- Oracle's success relies on partners' ability to sell and implement Oracle Cloud services in the broad market, and as such Oracle will continue to invest more resources in helping partners maximize their cloud-based opportunities in FY2015.
- On this front, OPN is announcing a new two-tier distribution program for the Oracle Cloud portfolio, engaging the value added distributor (VAD) network to extend Oracle's reach in the broad market and scale its network of Oracle Cloud resellers.
- Through the program, Oracle will work with VADs to identify and enable partners best suited to deliver customer value in cloud implementation and managed services.
Partners Driving Customer Success with Oracle Engineered Systems
- With data growing at unprecedented levels, application providers need a robust, scalable and high-performance infrastructure to manage and analyze data at the speed of business.
- Today, more than 1,375 independent software vendor (ISV) applications are supported with Oracle engineered systems and have achieved an Oracle Exastack Ready status, and more than 200 ISV applications have achieved an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- Today, OPN is extending the Oracle Exastack program to include Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Big Data Appliance Ready and Optimized options.
- For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1nxhdKZ
Driving New Opportunity with Enhanced OPN Solutions Catalog
- At the event, Oracle officially unveiled the new, mobile-enabled OPN Solutions Catalog.
- More than 30,000 customers a month search the OPN Solutions Catalog to find the right partner and solutions for their unique needs.
- The new catalog makes it even easier for customers to search for partners anytime, from anywhere.
- "Our customers are looking for a partner that can deliver an enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure for their business and our Cloud Specializations prove that Keste has the expertise they need to deliver the digital enterprise and create business value," said Sri Ayyeppen, Keste chief technology officer. "From early on, Oracle has invested in technology partners like Keste to take command in the emerging cloud market. Our Cloud Application and Cloud Builder Specializations showcase our depth of knowledge of the Oracle Cloud platform and our commitment to be a leading Oracle partner for cloud infrastructure and integration services."
- "With a proliferation of data, connecting everything, and real-time demands -- there is no doubt that we are living in interesting times when it comes to IT," said Darren Bibby, vice-president of IDC Channels and Alliances Research. "All of this change means that channel organizations need to be able to quickly jump on new technology trends, be it social, mobile, big data or others, to help their partners adopt and become successful as quickly as possible. Oracle continues to do a good job advancing its partner programs to enable partners with the resources they need to capitalize on these market opportunities and deliver value to customers."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 412
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 172
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 410
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 171
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 153
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 464
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 542
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 536
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 312
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 383
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 397
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 306
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 491
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 27, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 220
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 291