|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today, Oracle welcomed its partners around the globe to the annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) kickoff, where it provided them with the strategies, insights, and resources they need to succeed and profit with Oracle in the current fiscal year. Hosted by Oracle executives, the live, virtual session unveiled new OPN enablement resources, including new incentive programs, designed to help partners innovate faster, service customers better, differentiate themselves in the market and grow their businesses with Oracle.
"We are celebrating the successes of our partner community and the vast contribution they make to both Oracle and our customers worldwide. We are also arming them with the strategies, technology and programs they need to continue to succeed, innovate and build a better, more profitable business with Oracle," said Rich Geraffo, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels, Oracle.
- At its sixth annual Oracle PartnerNetwork global kickoff event today, Oracle executives outlined key strategies, insights, and programs designed to help Oracle's 25,000 partners grow and profit in fiscal year 2015 (FY2015).
- Enhanced OPN enablement resources announced include the availability of additional Oracle Exastack certifications, enriched incentive programs, and a mobile-ready OPN Solutions Catalog.
- Oracle's partners continue to find success and marketplace differentiation through the OPN Specialized program. Currently, more than 5,000 partners have obtained OPN Specialized status in more than 44,000 Specializations.
- Today, partners have the ability to become OPN Specialized in more than 150 available technology, application, solution, and industry certification areas including Oracle Fusion Applications, cloud and Oracle engineered systems offerings, which are all seeing rapid adoption.
- The number of new certification specialists alone has grown 10 percent in the past fiscal year, bringing the total to more than 120,000 certified specialists worldwide.
- To view a replay of the Oracle PartnerNetwork kickoff, visit: http://bit.ly/1pgDjXL
Incentivizing Strategic Partner Selling
- The OPN Incentive Program, which offers partners rebates on select Oracle technologies and rewards partners for investing in areas strategic to Oracle, was designed for broad market success and to provide partners the opportunity to acquire new customers and close larger deals, while gaining greater margins.
- In FY2015, the OPN Incentive Program is enhancing the way it pays partner rebates, moving from quarterly to monthly payments and significantly shortening the cycle time it takes to process payments. This new payment system will go into effect with FY2015 business.
- Oracle is also increasing focus on sales for partners who are selling Oracle on Oracle solutions and simplifying the way partners can earn rebates when they do so.
- Oracle's Virtual Compute Appliance, an integrated, software-defined converged infrastructure system designed to run virtually any application and to support cloud services, has also been added to the Strategic Product List, enabling partners to receive incremental rebates when selling this product in the broad market.
Extending Partner Opportunity with Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud breaks down traditional cloud and business process silos by offering the broadest selection of enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Oracle Applications, platform, and infrastructure services, allowing partners to deploy clouds solutions however their customers choose, both on-premises or on a subscription basis.
- Today, more than 15,000 individuals have achieved Oracle Cloud specialist certifications and 600 partners have achieved Cloud Specializations.
- Oracle's success relies on partners' ability to sell and implement Oracle Cloud services in the broad market, and as such Oracle will continue to invest more resources in helping partners maximize their cloud-based opportunities in FY2015.
- On this front, OPN is announcing a new two-tier distribution program for the Oracle Cloud portfolio, engaging the value added distributor (VAD) network to extend Oracle's reach in the broad market and scale its network of Oracle Cloud resellers.
- Through the program, Oracle will work with VADs to identify and enable partners best suited to deliver customer value in cloud implementation and managed services.
Partners Driving Customer Success with Oracle Engineered Systems
- With data growing at unprecedented levels, application providers need a robust, scalable and high-performance infrastructure to manage and analyze data at the speed of business.
- Today, more than 1,375 independent software vendor (ISV) applications are supported with Oracle engineered systems and have achieved an Oracle Exastack Ready status, and more than 200 ISV applications have achieved an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- Today, OPN is extending the Oracle Exastack program to include Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Big Data Appliance Ready and Optimized options.
- For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1nxhdKZ
Driving New Opportunity with Enhanced OPN Solutions Catalog
- At the event, Oracle officially unveiled the new, mobile-enabled OPN Solutions Catalog.
- More than 30,000 customers a month search the OPN Solutions Catalog to find the right partner and solutions for their unique needs.
- The new catalog makes it even easier for customers to search for partners anytime, from anywhere.
- "Our customers are looking for a partner that can deliver an enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure for their business and our Cloud Specializations prove that Keste has the expertise they need to deliver the digital enterprise and create business value," said Sri Ayyeppen, Keste chief technology officer. "From early on, Oracle has invested in technology partners like Keste to take command in the emerging cloud market. Our Cloud Application and Cloud Builder Specializations showcase our depth of knowledge of the Oracle Cloud platform and our commitment to be a leading Oracle partner for cloud infrastructure and integration services."
- "With a proliferation of data, connecting everything, and real-time demands -- there is no doubt that we are living in interesting times when it comes to IT," said Darren Bibby, vice-president of IDC Channels and Alliances Research. "All of this change means that channel organizations need to be able to quickly jump on new technology trends, be it social, mobile, big data or others, to help their partners adopt and become successful as quickly as possible. Oracle continues to do a good job advancing its partner programs to enable partners with the resources they need to capitalize on these market opportunities and deliver value to customers."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even ...
Feb. 26, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,103
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,336
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 900
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,951
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,119
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,888
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,125
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 26, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,661
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 8,907
"Storage is growing. All of IDC's estimates say that unstructured data is now 80% of the world's data. We provide storage systems that can actually deal with that scale of data - software-defined storage systems," stated Paul Turner, Chief Product and Marketing Officer at Cloudian, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 17th Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 7,098
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,443
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,358
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,845
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,206