|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today, Oracle welcomed its partners around the globe to the annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) kickoff, where it provided them with the strategies, insights, and resources they need to succeed and profit with Oracle in the current fiscal year. Hosted by Oracle executives, the live, virtual session unveiled new OPN enablement resources, including new incentive programs, designed to help partners innovate faster, service customers better, differentiate themselves in the market and grow their businesses with Oracle.
"We are celebrating the successes of our partner community and the vast contribution they make to both Oracle and our customers worldwide. We are also arming them with the strategies, technology and programs they need to continue to succeed, innovate and build a better, more profitable business with Oracle," said Rich Geraffo, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels, Oracle.
- At its sixth annual Oracle PartnerNetwork global kickoff event today, Oracle executives outlined key strategies, insights, and programs designed to help Oracle's 25,000 partners grow and profit in fiscal year 2015 (FY2015).
- Enhanced OPN enablement resources announced include the availability of additional Oracle Exastack certifications, enriched incentive programs, and a mobile-ready OPN Solutions Catalog.
- Oracle's partners continue to find success and marketplace differentiation through the OPN Specialized program. Currently, more than 5,000 partners have obtained OPN Specialized status in more than 44,000 Specializations.
- Today, partners have the ability to become OPN Specialized in more than 150 available technology, application, solution, and industry certification areas including Oracle Fusion Applications, cloud and Oracle engineered systems offerings, which are all seeing rapid adoption.
- The number of new certification specialists alone has grown 10 percent in the past fiscal year, bringing the total to more than 120,000 certified specialists worldwide.
- To view a replay of the Oracle PartnerNetwork kickoff, visit: http://bit.ly/1pgDjXL
Incentivizing Strategic Partner Selling
- The OPN Incentive Program, which offers partners rebates on select Oracle technologies and rewards partners for investing in areas strategic to Oracle, was designed for broad market success and to provide partners the opportunity to acquire new customers and close larger deals, while gaining greater margins.
- In FY2015, the OPN Incentive Program is enhancing the way it pays partner rebates, moving from quarterly to monthly payments and significantly shortening the cycle time it takes to process payments. This new payment system will go into effect with FY2015 business.
- Oracle is also increasing focus on sales for partners who are selling Oracle on Oracle solutions and simplifying the way partners can earn rebates when they do so.
- Oracle's Virtual Compute Appliance, an integrated, software-defined converged infrastructure system designed to run virtually any application and to support cloud services, has also been added to the Strategic Product List, enabling partners to receive incremental rebates when selling this product in the broad market.
Extending Partner Opportunity with Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud breaks down traditional cloud and business process silos by offering the broadest selection of enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Oracle Applications, platform, and infrastructure services, allowing partners to deploy clouds solutions however their customers choose, both on-premises or on a subscription basis.
- Today, more than 15,000 individuals have achieved Oracle Cloud specialist certifications and 600 partners have achieved Cloud Specializations.
- Oracle's success relies on partners' ability to sell and implement Oracle Cloud services in the broad market, and as such Oracle will continue to invest more resources in helping partners maximize their cloud-based opportunities in FY2015.
- On this front, OPN is announcing a new two-tier distribution program for the Oracle Cloud portfolio, engaging the value added distributor (VAD) network to extend Oracle's reach in the broad market and scale its network of Oracle Cloud resellers.
- Through the program, Oracle will work with VADs to identify and enable partners best suited to deliver customer value in cloud implementation and managed services.
Partners Driving Customer Success with Oracle Engineered Systems
- With data growing at unprecedented levels, application providers need a robust, scalable and high-performance infrastructure to manage and analyze data at the speed of business.
- Today, more than 1,375 independent software vendor (ISV) applications are supported with Oracle engineered systems and have achieved an Oracle Exastack Ready status, and more than 200 ISV applications have achieved an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- Today, OPN is extending the Oracle Exastack program to include Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Big Data Appliance Ready and Optimized options.
- For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1nxhdKZ
Driving New Opportunity with Enhanced OPN Solutions Catalog
- At the event, Oracle officially unveiled the new, mobile-enabled OPN Solutions Catalog.
- More than 30,000 customers a month search the OPN Solutions Catalog to find the right partner and solutions for their unique needs.
- The new catalog makes it even easier for customers to search for partners anytime, from anywhere.
- "Our customers are looking for a partner that can deliver an enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure for their business and our Cloud Specializations prove that Keste has the expertise they need to deliver the digital enterprise and create business value," said Sri Ayyeppen, Keste chief technology officer. "From early on, Oracle has invested in technology partners like Keste to take command in the emerging cloud market. Our Cloud Application and Cloud Builder Specializations showcase our depth of knowledge of the Oracle Cloud platform and our commitment to be a leading Oracle partner for cloud infrastructure and integration services."
- "With a proliferation of data, connecting everything, and real-time demands -- there is no doubt that we are living in interesting times when it comes to IT," said Darren Bibby, vice-president of IDC Channels and Alliances Research. "All of this change means that channel organizations need to be able to quickly jump on new technology trends, be it social, mobile, big data or others, to help their partners adopt and become successful as quickly as possible. Oracle continues to do a good job advancing its partner programs to enable partners with the resources they need to capitalize on these market opportunities and deliver value to customers."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,954
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,972
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,372
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,673
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,052
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,795
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,811
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,138
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,712
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,545
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,861
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,585