|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 30 and 31 of the 2014-2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. This year represents the 20th anniversary of BMLI. Since its launch in 1994, nearly 750 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes.
"BMLI participants represent remarkable women executives from across the cable industry, and our newest classes are no exception," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "This year, the BMLI program celebrates its 20th year of developing women leaders. We look forward to celebrating their achievement and BMLI's landmark anniversary at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference during Diversity Week in New York this fall."
Members of Class 30 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Darci Bailey, VP & Associate General Counsel, A+E Television Networks
- Karen Blackburn, VP, Human Resources, Bright House Networks
- Melissa Buscher, VP, Integrated Communications Management, Time Warner Cable
- Jana Cheatham, Senior Account Director, Juniper Networks
- Meredith Cooper, VP, Creative Director On Air, IFC
- Nancy Davoust, Distinguished Engineer, Systems & Security Architect, Comcast
- Cindy Finke, VP, Program Publicity & Communications, CMT
- Diana Fusco, Group Vice President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Susan Gibbs, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cheryl Goettsche, General Manager, Cable One
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Group Technical Advisor, Comcast
- Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Allison Joyce, VP, Talent Operations & Management, Comcast
- Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Elana Mandelup, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Cynthia Pekrul, VP & Deputy Controller, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Keri Reisbeck, VP, Human Resources, Comcast Spotlight
- Michelle Rogers, VP & Associate General Counsel, BET Networks
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Technology Program Management, HBO
- Marci Saaijenga, VP, Technology, Cox Communications
- Rosaria Sasso, VP, Employee Benefits Planning, Viacom Inc.
- Joanne Sibony, VP, Program Delivery, Comcast Cable
- Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- Carol Stiff, VP, Digital Media, ESPN
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy HGTV/DIY Network/ Great American Country, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Tessie Topol, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Time Warner Cable
- Julie Unruh, VP, Revenue Assurance, Charter Communications
Members of Class 31 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Jill Arbet, VP, Marketing, Suddenlink Communications
- Karen Baker, VP, Compensation, NED, Comcast
- Michelle Bella, VP, Sales & Consumer Marketing, ESPN Deportes
- Alix Cottrell, Group Vice President, Video, Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Claire Curley, VP, Content Development, Viacom
- Kelley Drukker, VP, Rights & Clearances and Standards & Practices, A+E Networks
- Jennifer Dunn, VP, Human Resources, AMC Networks
- Michelle Frank, VP, Platforms & UX Comcast.com, Comcast
- Julya Fridman, VP, Business Development & Distribution Analytics, A+E Networks
- Janis Hurt, Director, Advertising Sales, Cable One
- Charlie Jordan Brookins, SVP, Original Programming, BET Networks
- Jill King, SVP, Strategic Marketing & Partnerships, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Jennifer Labs, VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations, Customer Experience, Comcast
- Michelle Levasseur, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Aimee Metrick, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Crystal Morales, VP, Business Affairs, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Helene Pandal, VP, Market Research Strategy, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Michelle Ray, Deputy Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Julia Reese, VP, Partner Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Pamela Reilly, Director, Sales Operations, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Christine Rodocker, VP, Affiliate Marketing, INSP
- Mary Rooney, VP, Strategic Planning & Communications, Comcast Spotlight
- Marcia Sauzek, VP, Finance, Cox Communications
- Nancy Spears, VP, Digital Media Distribution & Monetization, Comcast
- Lynne Taylor, VP, Specials & Music Production/Executive Producer, BET Networks
- Cheryl Von Sprecken, VP, Programming, Charter Communications
- Joella Wind, VP, Video & Voice Product Management, Time Warner Cable Business Class
The women selected for BMLI Classes 30 and 31 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT's content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI's Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry's most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation's most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,548
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,917
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 483
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,822
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 25, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,424
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,714
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,278
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,694
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,034
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,054
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,797