|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 30 and 31 of the 2014-2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. This year represents the 20th anniversary of BMLI. Since its launch in 1994, nearly 750 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes.
"BMLI participants represent remarkable women executives from across the cable industry, and our newest classes are no exception," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "This year, the BMLI program celebrates its 20th year of developing women leaders. We look forward to celebrating their achievement and BMLI's landmark anniversary at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference during Diversity Week in New York this fall."
Members of Class 30 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Darci Bailey, VP & Associate General Counsel, A+E Television Networks
- Karen Blackburn, VP, Human Resources, Bright House Networks
- Melissa Buscher, VP, Integrated Communications Management, Time Warner Cable
- Jana Cheatham, Senior Account Director, Juniper Networks
- Meredith Cooper, VP, Creative Director On Air, IFC
- Nancy Davoust, Distinguished Engineer, Systems & Security Architect, Comcast
- Cindy Finke, VP, Program Publicity & Communications, CMT
- Diana Fusco, Group Vice President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Susan Gibbs, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cheryl Goettsche, General Manager, Cable One
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Group Technical Advisor, Comcast
- Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Allison Joyce, VP, Talent Operations & Management, Comcast
- Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Elana Mandelup, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Cynthia Pekrul, VP & Deputy Controller, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Keri Reisbeck, VP, Human Resources, Comcast Spotlight
- Michelle Rogers, VP & Associate General Counsel, BET Networks
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Technology Program Management, HBO
- Marci Saaijenga, VP, Technology, Cox Communications
- Rosaria Sasso, VP, Employee Benefits Planning, Viacom Inc.
- Joanne Sibony, VP, Program Delivery, Comcast Cable
- Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- Carol Stiff, VP, Digital Media, ESPN
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy HGTV/DIY Network/ Great American Country, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Tessie Topol, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Time Warner Cable
- Julie Unruh, VP, Revenue Assurance, Charter Communications
Members of Class 31 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Jill Arbet, VP, Marketing, Suddenlink Communications
- Karen Baker, VP, Compensation, NED, Comcast
- Michelle Bella, VP, Sales & Consumer Marketing, ESPN Deportes
- Alix Cottrell, Group Vice President, Video, Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Claire Curley, VP, Content Development, Viacom
- Kelley Drukker, VP, Rights & Clearances and Standards & Practices, A+E Networks
- Jennifer Dunn, VP, Human Resources, AMC Networks
- Michelle Frank, VP, Platforms & UX Comcast.com, Comcast
- Julya Fridman, VP, Business Development & Distribution Analytics, A+E Networks
- Janis Hurt, Director, Advertising Sales, Cable One
- Charlie Jordan Brookins, SVP, Original Programming, BET Networks
- Jill King, SVP, Strategic Marketing & Partnerships, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Jennifer Labs, VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations, Customer Experience, Comcast
- Michelle Levasseur, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Aimee Metrick, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Crystal Morales, VP, Business Affairs, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Helene Pandal, VP, Market Research Strategy, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Michelle Ray, Deputy Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Julia Reese, VP, Partner Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Pamela Reilly, Director, Sales Operations, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Christine Rodocker, VP, Affiliate Marketing, INSP
- Mary Rooney, VP, Strategic Planning & Communications, Comcast Spotlight
- Marcia Sauzek, VP, Finance, Cox Communications
- Nancy Spears, VP, Digital Media Distribution & Monetization, Comcast
- Lynne Taylor, VP, Specials & Music Production/Executive Producer, BET Networks
- Cheryl Von Sprecken, VP, Programming, Charter Communications
- Joella Wind, VP, Video & Voice Product Management, Time Warner Cable Business Class
The women selected for BMLI Classes 30 and 31 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT's content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI's Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry's most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation's most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 27, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,448
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 27, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 820
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,489
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 605
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 27, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 711
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 27, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,120
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 26, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,251
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 26, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,333
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 26, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,381
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 26, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,407
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 26, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 722
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 26, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,983
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 26, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,377
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,592
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 26, 2017 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 984