|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 30 and 31 of the 2014-2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. This year represents the 20th anniversary of BMLI. Since its launch in 1994, nearly 750 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes.
"BMLI participants represent remarkable women executives from across the cable industry, and our newest classes are no exception," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "This year, the BMLI program celebrates its 20th year of developing women leaders. We look forward to celebrating their achievement and BMLI's landmark anniversary at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference during Diversity Week in New York this fall."
Members of Class 30 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Darci Bailey, VP & Associate General Counsel, A+E Television Networks
- Karen Blackburn, VP, Human Resources, Bright House Networks
- Melissa Buscher, VP, Integrated Communications Management, Time Warner Cable
- Jana Cheatham, Senior Account Director, Juniper Networks
- Meredith Cooper, VP, Creative Director On Air, IFC
- Nancy Davoust, Distinguished Engineer, Systems & Security Architect, Comcast
- Cindy Finke, VP, Program Publicity & Communications, CMT
- Diana Fusco, Group Vice President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Susan Gibbs, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cheryl Goettsche, General Manager, Cable One
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Group Technical Advisor, Comcast
- Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Allison Joyce, VP, Talent Operations & Management, Comcast
- Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Elana Mandelup, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Cynthia Pekrul, VP & Deputy Controller, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Keri Reisbeck, VP, Human Resources, Comcast Spotlight
- Michelle Rogers, VP & Associate General Counsel, BET Networks
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Technology Program Management, HBO
- Marci Saaijenga, VP, Technology, Cox Communications
- Rosaria Sasso, VP, Employee Benefits Planning, Viacom Inc.
- Joanne Sibony, VP, Program Delivery, Comcast Cable
- Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- Carol Stiff, VP, Digital Media, ESPN
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy HGTV/DIY Network/ Great American Country, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Tessie Topol, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Time Warner Cable
- Julie Unruh, VP, Revenue Assurance, Charter Communications
Members of Class 31 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Jill Arbet, VP, Marketing, Suddenlink Communications
- Karen Baker, VP, Compensation, NED, Comcast
- Michelle Bella, VP, Sales & Consumer Marketing, ESPN Deportes
- Alix Cottrell, Group Vice President, Video, Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Claire Curley, VP, Content Development, Viacom
- Kelley Drukker, VP, Rights & Clearances and Standards & Practices, A+E Networks
- Jennifer Dunn, VP, Human Resources, AMC Networks
- Michelle Frank, VP, Platforms & UX Comcast.com, Comcast
- Julya Fridman, VP, Business Development & Distribution Analytics, A+E Networks
- Janis Hurt, Director, Advertising Sales, Cable One
- Charlie Jordan Brookins, SVP, Original Programming, BET Networks
- Jill King, SVP, Strategic Marketing & Partnerships, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Jennifer Labs, VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations, Customer Experience, Comcast
- Michelle Levasseur, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Aimee Metrick, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Crystal Morales, VP, Business Affairs, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Helene Pandal, VP, Market Research Strategy, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Michelle Ray, Deputy Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Julia Reese, VP, Partner Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Pamela Reilly, Director, Sales Operations, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Christine Rodocker, VP, Affiliate Marketing, INSP
- Mary Rooney, VP, Strategic Planning & Communications, Comcast Spotlight
- Marcia Sauzek, VP, Finance, Cox Communications
- Nancy Spears, VP, Digital Media Distribution & Monetization, Comcast
- Lynne Taylor, VP, Specials & Music Production/Executive Producer, BET Networks
- Cheryl Von Sprecken, VP, Programming, Charter Communications
- Joella Wind, VP, Video & Voice Product Management, Time Warner Cable Business Class
The women selected for BMLI Classes 30 and 31 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT's content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI's Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry's most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation's most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 7,471
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,862
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,645
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,609
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,261
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,012
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 27, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 8,786
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,106
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 6,223
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 26, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 13,723
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 2,486
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 9,014
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 2,039
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 5,199
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 772