|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 30 and 31 of the 2014-2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. This year represents the 20th anniversary of BMLI. Since its launch in 1994, nearly 750 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes.
"BMLI participants represent remarkable women executives from across the cable industry, and our newest classes are no exception," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "This year, the BMLI program celebrates its 20th year of developing women leaders. We look forward to celebrating their achievement and BMLI's landmark anniversary at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference during Diversity Week in New York this fall."
Members of Class 30 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Darci Bailey, VP & Associate General Counsel, A+E Television Networks
- Karen Blackburn, VP, Human Resources, Bright House Networks
- Melissa Buscher, VP, Integrated Communications Management, Time Warner Cable
- Jana Cheatham, Senior Account Director, Juniper Networks
- Meredith Cooper, VP, Creative Director On Air, IFC
- Nancy Davoust, Distinguished Engineer, Systems & Security Architect, Comcast
- Cindy Finke, VP, Program Publicity & Communications, CMT
- Diana Fusco, Group Vice President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Susan Gibbs, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cheryl Goettsche, General Manager, Cable One
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Group Technical Advisor, Comcast
- Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Allison Joyce, VP, Talent Operations & Management, Comcast
- Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Elana Mandelup, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Cynthia Pekrul, VP & Deputy Controller, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Keri Reisbeck, VP, Human Resources, Comcast Spotlight
- Michelle Rogers, VP & Associate General Counsel, BET Networks
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Technology Program Management, HBO
- Marci Saaijenga, VP, Technology, Cox Communications
- Rosaria Sasso, VP, Employee Benefits Planning, Viacom Inc.
- Joanne Sibony, VP, Program Delivery, Comcast Cable
- Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- Carol Stiff, VP, Digital Media, ESPN
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy HGTV/DIY Network/ Great American Country, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Tessie Topol, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Time Warner Cable
- Julie Unruh, VP, Revenue Assurance, Charter Communications
Members of Class 31 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Jill Arbet, VP, Marketing, Suddenlink Communications
- Karen Baker, VP, Compensation, NED, Comcast
- Michelle Bella, VP, Sales & Consumer Marketing, ESPN Deportes
- Alix Cottrell, Group Vice President, Video, Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Claire Curley, VP, Content Development, Viacom
- Kelley Drukker, VP, Rights & Clearances and Standards & Practices, A+E Networks
- Jennifer Dunn, VP, Human Resources, AMC Networks
- Michelle Frank, VP, Platforms & UX Comcast.com, Comcast
- Julya Fridman, VP, Business Development & Distribution Analytics, A+E Networks
- Janis Hurt, Director, Advertising Sales, Cable One
- Charlie Jordan Brookins, SVP, Original Programming, BET Networks
- Jill King, SVP, Strategic Marketing & Partnerships, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Jennifer Labs, VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations, Customer Experience, Comcast
- Michelle Levasseur, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Aimee Metrick, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Crystal Morales, VP, Business Affairs, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Helene Pandal, VP, Market Research Strategy, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Michelle Ray, Deputy Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Julia Reese, VP, Partner Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Pamela Reilly, Director, Sales Operations, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Christine Rodocker, VP, Affiliate Marketing, INSP
- Mary Rooney, VP, Strategic Planning & Communications, Comcast Spotlight
- Marcia Sauzek, VP, Finance, Cox Communications
- Nancy Spears, VP, Digital Media Distribution & Monetization, Comcast
- Lynne Taylor, VP, Specials & Music Production/Executive Producer, BET Networks
- Cheryl Von Sprecken, VP, Programming, Charter Communications
- Joella Wind, VP, Video & Voice Product Management, Time Warner Cable Business Class
The women selected for BMLI Classes 30 and 31 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT's content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI's Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry's most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation's most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,195
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,600
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 290
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,977
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 230
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,712
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,747
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,811
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,658
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,595
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,356
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,756