|By Business Wire||
|June 25, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced the members of Classes 30 and 31 of the 2014-2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).
BMLI is recognized by the industry as the premier leadership development program for executive women in cable and telecommunications. This year represents the 20th anniversary of BMLI. Since its launch in 1994, nearly 750 women have graduated from the program.
WICT is pleased to announce Time Warner Cable returning as the exclusive BMLI Premier Sponsor. Suddenlink Communications also returns as the Supporting Sponsor of the upcoming classes.
"BMLI participants represent remarkable women executives from across the cable industry, and our newest classes are no exception," said Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO. "This year, the BMLI program celebrates its 20th year of developing women leaders. We look forward to celebrating their achievement and BMLI's landmark anniversary at the 2014 WICT Leadership Conference during Diversity Week in New York this fall."
Members of Class 30 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Darci Bailey, VP & Associate General Counsel, A+E Television Networks
- Karen Blackburn, VP, Human Resources, Bright House Networks
- Melissa Buscher, VP, Integrated Communications Management, Time Warner Cable
- Jana Cheatham, Senior Account Director, Juniper Networks
- Meredith Cooper, VP, Creative Director On Air, IFC
- Nancy Davoust, Distinguished Engineer, Systems & Security Architect, Comcast
- Cindy Finke, VP, Program Publicity & Communications, CMT
- Diana Fusco, Group Vice President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Susan Gibbs, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast
- Cheryl Goettsche, General Manager, Cable One
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Group Technical Advisor, Comcast
- Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Allison Joyce, VP, Talent Operations & Management, Comcast
- Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Elana Mandelup, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Cynthia Pekrul, VP & Deputy Controller, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Keri Reisbeck, VP, Human Resources, Comcast Spotlight
- Michelle Rogers, VP & Associate General Counsel, BET Networks
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Technology Program Management, HBO
- Marci Saaijenga, VP, Technology, Cox Communications
- Rosaria Sasso, VP, Employee Benefits Planning, Viacom Inc.
- Joanne Sibony, VP, Program Delivery, Comcast Cable
- Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- Carol Stiff, VP, Digital Media, ESPN
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy HGTV/DIY Network/ Great American Country, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Tessie Topol, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Time Warner Cable
- Julie Unruh, VP, Revenue Assurance, Charter Communications
Members of Class 31 of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute are:
- Jill Arbet, VP, Marketing, Suddenlink Communications
- Karen Baker, VP, Compensation, NED, Comcast
- Michelle Bella, VP, Sales & Consumer Marketing, ESPN Deportes
- Alix Cottrell, Group Vice President, Video, Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Claire Curley, VP, Content Development, Viacom
- Kelley Drukker, VP, Rights & Clearances and Standards & Practices, A+E Networks
- Jennifer Dunn, VP, Human Resources, AMC Networks
- Michelle Frank, VP, Platforms & UX Comcast.com, Comcast
- Julya Fridman, VP, Business Development & Distribution Analytics, A+E Networks
- Janis Hurt, Director, Advertising Sales, Cable One
- Charlie Jordan Brookins, SVP, Original Programming, BET Networks
- Jill King, SVP, Strategic Marketing & Partnerships, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Jennifer Labs, VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations, Customer Experience, Comcast
- Michelle Levasseur, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Aimee Metrick, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Crystal Morales, VP, Business Affairs, Turner Entertainment Networks
- Helene Pandal, VP, Market Research Strategy, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Michelle Ray, Deputy Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Julia Reese, VP, Partner Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
- Pamela Reilly, Director, Sales Operations, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Christine Rodocker, VP, Affiliate Marketing, INSP
- Mary Rooney, VP, Strategic Planning & Communications, Comcast Spotlight
- Marcia Sauzek, VP, Finance, Cox Communications
- Nancy Spears, VP, Digital Media Distribution & Monetization, Comcast
- Lynne Taylor, VP, Specials & Music Production/Executive Producer, BET Networks
- Cheryl Von Sprecken, VP, Programming, Charter Communications
- Joella Wind, VP, Video & Voice Product Management, Time Warner Cable Business Class
The women selected for BMLI Classes 30 and 31 will participate in a yearlong educational program which incorporates direct feedback on their leadership styles, as well as guidance in developing a strategic vision for their teams and companies. WICT's content partner for BMLI, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education, recognized for its exclusive focus on leadership education and research.
The Institute’s Founding
Established by WICT in 1994 with a generous grant from TCI's Bob Magness and J.C. Sparkman, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute is named in honor of one of the industry's most charismatic leaders, a cable pioneer who combined business acumen with compassion. Betsy Magness was instrumental in transforming TCI, later AT&T Broadband and Internet Services, and now Comcast, into one of the nation's most prominent and influential cable and telecommunication companies.
For thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast|NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 700
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,183
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 780
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 965
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,861
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,877
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,841
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,101
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,577
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,302
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 892
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,128