|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 03:05 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, unveiled a suite of features today at Google I/O in San Francisco. Themed around the hotel stay of the future, HotelTonight introduced and demoed several future enhancements for its Android app, including "Express Check-In" and Brivo Labs-powered "Keyless Entry." HotelTonight is the first online travel agency to introduce mobile check-in and keyless entry features to customers.
- At a high level, these new features further HotelTonight's commitment to bring innovative mobile technology to hotels, not only as part of the booking process but also throughout the entire hotel stay.
- Google I/O is an annual developer conference featuring highly technical, in-depth sessions, and showcasing the latest from Google's product teams and partners. This year, HotelTonight was invited to demo its Android application and connect with attendees developer-to-developer to answer questions and exchange ideas.
- Today, at Google I/O, HotelTonight showcased the following new features for its Android app:
- Express Check-In:
- Overview: HotelTonight guests can bypass the check-in process and get right to enjoying their night.
- Here's how it works: HotelTonight customers can check in to their room with just 2 taps on the app! They'll be notified when their room is ready, and can go straight to the front desk to pick up keys and head to the room.
- Availability: The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
- Keyless Entry, Powered by Brivo Labs:
- Overview: HotelTonight customers will be able to unlock their hotel rooms with the app on Android devices using NFC capabilities and Brivo Labs' SAM API.
- Here's how it works: Open the HotelTonight app, hold the device up to the lock and that's it! The door will automatically unlock after a few seconds. No more lost or demagnetized keys.
- Availability: HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
- Other Features:
- Overview: HotelTonight is helping customers search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interest across the globe using Google's Places Autocomplete API. Additionally, HotelTonight customers can now explore the hotels' surroundings through 360-degree images with Google Street View and easily view all the details of their upcoming bookings through Google Now. With Google Now, users can quickly get directions, call the hotel, view their email receipt, and, in one tap, access their current booking in the HotelTonight app. Finally, booking and payment are made simple with the integration of Google Sign-In and Google Wallet Instant Buy. Both Sign-In and Wallet make for a seamless experience within the app and make it even easier for HotelTonight customers to book a last-minute hotel room.
- Availability: These features are all currently live on Version 4.4.4 of the HotelTonight Android app.
- Stop by the HotelTonight kiosk at Google I/O in San Francisco's Moscone West Convention Center from June 25-26, 2014 to use the app and see these new features in action!
- Express Check-In:
- HotelTonight's recently announced "Look Ahead" feature is also now live for all Android customers. Look Ahead empowers people to be more spontaneous with their travel by giving customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- In June alone, HotelTonight added more than thirty US destinations, dozens of new European locales, and also recently opened doors in Panama. HotelTonight now has over 10 million downloads, 10,000+ hotel partners in 27 countries and is in more than 400 destinations worldwide.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet and all Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 400 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"Changing the way people think about booking a hotel room has been our mission from the start. In the last three years, we've proven that it doesn't have to be a long and arduous process. While booking a room only takes 10 seconds on the HT app, the check-in process could often be time-consuming. We conceptualized Express Check-In and Keyless Entry to make this a more seamless, HT-style experience. This enables our hotel partners to focus their energy on doing what they do best: providing great service to their guests. We're really excited to help people not only find great hotels at great deals, but also help them quickly get straight to enjoying their night."
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer and Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast, HotelTonight:
"We're excited to unveil these features at Google I/O and show attendees our vision of the seamless hotel stay. Building phone and tablet apps on the Android platform and collaborating with other Google products has been great for both HotelTonight and our millions of Android customers."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 400 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2626301
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 360
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,079
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,561
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,722
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,008
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 865
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,374
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 471
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,628