|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 03:05 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, unveiled a suite of features today at Google I/O in San Francisco. Themed around the hotel stay of the future, HotelTonight introduced and demoed several future enhancements for its Android app, including "Express Check-In" and Brivo Labs-powered "Keyless Entry." HotelTonight is the first online travel agency to introduce mobile check-in and keyless entry features to customers.
- At a high level, these new features further HotelTonight's commitment to bring innovative mobile technology to hotels, not only as part of the booking process but also throughout the entire hotel stay.
- Google I/O is an annual developer conference featuring highly technical, in-depth sessions, and showcasing the latest from Google's product teams and partners. This year, HotelTonight was invited to demo its Android application and connect with attendees developer-to-developer to answer questions and exchange ideas.
- Today, at Google I/O, HotelTonight showcased the following new features for its Android app:
- Express Check-In:
- Overview: HotelTonight guests can bypass the check-in process and get right to enjoying their night.
- Here's how it works: HotelTonight customers can check in to their room with just 2 taps on the app! They'll be notified when their room is ready, and can go straight to the front desk to pick up keys and head to the room.
- Availability: The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
- Keyless Entry, Powered by Brivo Labs:
- Overview: HotelTonight customers will be able to unlock their hotel rooms with the app on Android devices using NFC capabilities and Brivo Labs' SAM API.
- Here's how it works: Open the HotelTonight app, hold the device up to the lock and that's it! The door will automatically unlock after a few seconds. No more lost or demagnetized keys.
- Availability: HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
- Other Features:
- Overview: HotelTonight is helping customers search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interest across the globe using Google's Places Autocomplete API. Additionally, HotelTonight customers can now explore the hotels' surroundings through 360-degree images with Google Street View and easily view all the details of their upcoming bookings through Google Now. With Google Now, users can quickly get directions, call the hotel, view their email receipt, and, in one tap, access their current booking in the HotelTonight app. Finally, booking and payment are made simple with the integration of Google Sign-In and Google Wallet Instant Buy. Both Sign-In and Wallet make for a seamless experience within the app and make it even easier for HotelTonight customers to book a last-minute hotel room.
- Availability: These features are all currently live on Version 4.4.4 of the HotelTonight Android app.
- Stop by the HotelTonight kiosk at Google I/O in San Francisco's Moscone West Convention Center from June 25-26, 2014 to use the app and see these new features in action!
- Express Check-In:
- HotelTonight's recently announced "Look Ahead" feature is also now live for all Android customers. Look Ahead empowers people to be more spontaneous with their travel by giving customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- In June alone, HotelTonight added more than thirty US destinations, dozens of new European locales, and also recently opened doors in Panama. HotelTonight now has over 10 million downloads, 10,000+ hotel partners in 27 countries and is in more than 400 destinations worldwide.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet and all Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 400 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"Changing the way people think about booking a hotel room has been our mission from the start. In the last three years, we've proven that it doesn't have to be a long and arduous process. While booking a room only takes 10 seconds on the HT app, the check-in process could often be time-consuming. We conceptualized Express Check-In and Keyless Entry to make this a more seamless, HT-style experience. This enables our hotel partners to focus their energy on doing what they do best: providing great service to their guests. We're really excited to help people not only find great hotels at great deals, but also help them quickly get straight to enjoying their night."
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer and Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast, HotelTonight:
"We're excited to unveil these features at Google I/O and show attendees our vision of the seamless hotel stay. Building phone and tablet apps on the Android platform and collaborating with other Google products has been great for both HotelTonight and our millions of Android customers."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 400 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2626301
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 369
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 7,796
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,096
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,278
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,691
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,177
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jan. 18, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 4,473
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,518
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,747
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,636
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 4,881
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,151
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,201
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,891
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,174