|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 03:05 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, unveiled a suite of features today at Google I/O in San Francisco. Themed around the hotel stay of the future, HotelTonight introduced and demoed several future enhancements for its Android app, including "Express Check-In" and Brivo Labs-powered "Keyless Entry." HotelTonight is the first online travel agency to introduce mobile check-in and keyless entry features to customers.
- At a high level, these new features further HotelTonight's commitment to bring innovative mobile technology to hotels, not only as part of the booking process but also throughout the entire hotel stay.
- Google I/O is an annual developer conference featuring highly technical, in-depth sessions, and showcasing the latest from Google's product teams and partners. This year, HotelTonight was invited to demo its Android application and connect with attendees developer-to-developer to answer questions and exchange ideas.
- Today, at Google I/O, HotelTonight showcased the following new features for its Android app:
- Express Check-In:
- Overview: HotelTonight guests can bypass the check-in process and get right to enjoying their night.
- Here's how it works: HotelTonight customers can check in to their room with just 2 taps on the app! They'll be notified when their room is ready, and can go straight to the front desk to pick up keys and head to the room.
- Availability: The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
- Keyless Entry, Powered by Brivo Labs:
- Overview: HotelTonight customers will be able to unlock their hotel rooms with the app on Android devices using NFC capabilities and Brivo Labs' SAM API.
- Here's how it works: Open the HotelTonight app, hold the device up to the lock and that's it! The door will automatically unlock after a few seconds. No more lost or demagnetized keys.
- Availability: HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
- Other Features:
- Overview: HotelTonight is helping customers search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interest across the globe using Google's Places Autocomplete API. Additionally, HotelTonight customers can now explore the hotels' surroundings through 360-degree images with Google Street View and easily view all the details of their upcoming bookings through Google Now. With Google Now, users can quickly get directions, call the hotel, view their email receipt, and, in one tap, access their current booking in the HotelTonight app. Finally, booking and payment are made simple with the integration of Google Sign-In and Google Wallet Instant Buy. Both Sign-In and Wallet make for a seamless experience within the app and make it even easier for HotelTonight customers to book a last-minute hotel room.
- Availability: These features are all currently live on Version 4.4.4 of the HotelTonight Android app.
- Stop by the HotelTonight kiosk at Google I/O in San Francisco's Moscone West Convention Center from June 25-26, 2014 to use the app and see these new features in action!
- Express Check-In:
- HotelTonight's recently announced "Look Ahead" feature is also now live for all Android customers. Look Ahead empowers people to be more spontaneous with their travel by giving customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- In June alone, HotelTonight added more than thirty US destinations, dozens of new European locales, and also recently opened doors in Panama. HotelTonight now has over 10 million downloads, 10,000+ hotel partners in 27 countries and is in more than 400 destinations worldwide.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet and all Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 400 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"Changing the way people think about booking a hotel room has been our mission from the start. In the last three years, we've proven that it doesn't have to be a long and arduous process. While booking a room only takes 10 seconds on the HT app, the check-in process could often be time-consuming. We conceptualized Express Check-In and Keyless Entry to make this a more seamless, HT-style experience. This enables our hotel partners to focus their energy on doing what they do best: providing great service to their guests. We're really excited to help people not only find great hotels at great deals, but also help them quickly get straight to enjoying their night."
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer and Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast, HotelTonight:
"We're excited to unveil these features at Google I/O and show attendees our vision of the seamless hotel stay. Building phone and tablet apps on the Android platform and collaborating with other Google products has been great for both HotelTonight and our millions of Android customers."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in 400 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2626301
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,134
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 20, 2017 07:45 AM EST
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 126
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,380
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 102
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captur...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 3,376
Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016.Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data ce...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 664
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,444
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 252
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,085
Both SaaS vendors and SaaS buyers are going “all-in” to hyperscale IaaS platforms such as AWS, which is disrupting the SaaS value proposition. Why should the enterprise SaaS consumer pay for the SaaS service if their data is resident in adjacent AWS S3 buckets? If both SaaS sellers and buyers are using the same cloud tools, automation and pay-per-transaction model offered by IaaS platforms, then why not host the “shrink-wrapped” software in the customers’ cloud? Further, serverless computing, cl...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,611
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,578
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 20, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 6,152
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,340
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,117