|By Business Wire||
|June 26, 2014 09:03 AM EDT||
Black Duck Software, the leading OSS Logistics solutions provider enabling the adoption and management of open source software (OSS), today announced the release of Black Duck ® Suite™ 7 software that helps companies maximize the benefits of open source while managing the associated operational, legal, and security risks.
Black Duck Suite 7 provides an end-to-end OSS Logistics solution for enterprises using open source at scale, including: choosing the right OSS code; approving it automatically with built-in policies and workflows; scanning the code for origins and licenses; tracking what has been used and where for ease of reuse and maintenance; securing against vulnerabilities; and confidently delivering products and code throughout the supply chain.
“Open source is now a strategic element of all software development, and properly managing its use is essential for increasing the quality, innovation, and time-to-market of software solutions,” said Lou Shipley, President and CEO, Black Duck Software. “Black Duck customers have the competitive advantage of an in-depth knowledge of their source code and can easily adapt to security risks, like the recent Heartbleed vulnerability. Through the Black Duck Suite, enterprises gain greater control and visibility into where and how open source is used throughout the development lifecycle, mitigating risks and fully maximizing the benefits OSS offers.”
New Interface, Reporting, and Security Capabilities
Black Duck offers customers unparalleled insight into their open source code through the industry’s most comprehensive database of open source projects, the Black Duck KnowledgeBase. A range of newly added Black Duck Suite capabilities leverages years of experience analyzing code and assisting customers with OSS logistics solutions:
- Analysis templates save time and simplify the open source reporting process, codifying best practices in OSS logistics.
- Security data from the National Vulnerabilities Database (NVD) Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) now includes base scoring, impact scoring, and exploitability scoring, making it easy to assess the impact of security vulnerabilities.
- New dashboard allows for quick access to basic and advanced search capabilities, including enhanced search supported by Apache Solr for indexing the Black Duck KnowledgeBase and customer data.
- An updated, graphical user interface incorporates user defined tagging functionality and other features to increase the flexibility of the Black Duck OSS Logistics solution.
- Additional portfolio views provide an overview of key data such as top components, top licenses, and top programming languages currently in use in a customer’s software data.
Expanded Integration Set
OSS Logistics, delivered through the Black Duck Suite, gives your organization systematic control over the software development process by integrating with existing Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), Build and Continuous Integration (CI) tools, and reporting and repository management systems. In addition to existing integrations with JFrog Artifactory repository manager, IBM’s Rational Team Concert application lifecycle management solution, Maven builds, and the Coverity Connect software testing dashboard, Black Duck Suite 7 includes four new integrations:
- Jenkins CI: Component discovery and approval is now integrated with the continuous build process
- SonarQube: Key open source metrics are now available through SonarQube dashboards
- Eclipse IDE: Developers can now access open source component meta-data directly from within Eclipse
- Nexus: Component discovery and approvals are now available through Nexus
Black Duck Suite 7 is currently shipping and can be deployed as an on-premise solution or through a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
About Black Duck Software
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through The Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck also hosts the Open Source Think Tank, an international event where thought leaders collaborate on the future of open source. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in San Mateo, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing. For more information about how to leverage open source to deliver faster innovation, greater creativity, and improved efficiency, visit www.blackducksoftware.com and follow the company at @black_duck_sw.
May. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,075
May. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,811
May. 26, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,788
May. 26, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,900
May. 26, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,127
May. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,429
May. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,091
May. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 561
May. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,893
May. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,637
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,095
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 911
May. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,786
May. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,246
May. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,836