|By Business Wire||
|June 26, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest: to defeat the evil Enchantress and search for his lost beloved. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Shovel Knight – Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest: to defeat the evil Enchantress and search for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade, a multipurpose weapon with techniques that have been lost to the ages. Exclusively on Wii U, read in-game messages from other players or write messages of your own with Miiverse integration using the Digger’s Diary. Participate in battles between two Shovel Knights in the Nintendo 3DS exclusive StreetPass Battle Arena, a crazy battle game in which anything can happen. Click here to watch the newest trailer.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Try All Five Sports: New 48-hour Wii Sports Club Free Trial* – Baseball and Boxing are available today at 6 p.m. PT on the Nintendo eShop version of Wii Sports Club! To celebrate, we’re offering all five sports in a new 48-hour trial offer from 6 p.m. PT on June 26 until 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2014. This offer is in addition to the 24-hour trial offer for first-time users of the digital version of Wii Sports Club. *Note: once game play is initiated, your trial will be available for the next 48 hours.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse™ – Now available on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets at various points in his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula who can shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Lead on with bravery as you overcome 17 levels of never-ending horror. Click here to watch the trailer for Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Ubisoft Summer Game Sale – Select Ubisoft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop at up to 75 percent off. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- ATLUS Games – ATLUS is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Check them out now! This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- Urban Trial Freestyle – Race through a wide range of urban environments in this fresh take on the action-bike-racer genre. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 10, Urban Trial Freestyle is 60 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nordic Games – For a limited time, select games from Nordic Games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Darksiders II. Visit the Nintendo eShop for full details. This offer is available until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.
- Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest – For a limited time, Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest is available at the discounted price of $19.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 31.
Also new this week:
- BrickBlast U! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Monkey Pirates (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Arctic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Jurassic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Cocoro - Line Defender (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hidden Expedition Titanic (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Plain Video Poker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Quell Reflect - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SKYPEACE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Toy Stunt Bike – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Antique Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Lolita Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Princess Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- ANONYMOUS NOTES CHAPTER 4 - FROM THE ABYSS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Mysterious Stars: The Samurai (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system, as well as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 31, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 473
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 31, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 518
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 242
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for ‘normal’ companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, founder and chief executive officer of Nimboxx, will discuss the evolution of virtualization (hardware, application, memory, storage) and how commodity / open source hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) so...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:45 PM EDT
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 445
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 368
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 454
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 413
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 141
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 180
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 418