|By Business Wire||
|June 26, 2014 12:09 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptqq5d/mems_and_sensors) has announced the addition of the "MEMS & Sensors for Mobile Phones and Tablets" report to their offering.
Competition between MEMS & Sensors players is fierce. How can new companies enter the fray and become successful?
In this report, you will discover more details about every MEMS & sensors device used in mobile phones and tablets.
Sensor fusion is the business's hottest topic!
Sensor hubs are now integrated in high volume: for example, Apple uses a sensor hub in the iPhone 5S. Sensor fusion valuation will increase in the next few years; Fairchild's acquisition of Xsens for $60M is the first example of such increase. Moreover, it will not be limited to basic function - data interpretation is also possible.
Different elements are required for sensor fusion, including MEMS, sensor hub, software, and low-power RF communication for transmission in some systems.
Sensor fusion could occur at different levels: in individual sensors, in sensor modules, in the sensor hub or in the application process. Yole Développement provides an in-depth analysis of these different possibilities and their value partitioning.
Sensor fusion can enable numerous new applications in mobile phones and tablets: indoor navigation, augmented reality applications and context awareness, which may enable an always-on sensor. This report provides detailed examples of these applications.
CMOS Image Sensors, ambient light sensors, proximity sensors, fingerprint sensors and biosensors : more sensor oppotunities for the mobile phones and tablets market !
We observed very strong growth for non-MEMS sensors, i.e. fingerprint sensors and CMOS image sensors.
The mobile phone market is by far the largest CIS application. In 2013, it represented 66% of the entire CMOS image sensor market in volume and 53% of total revenue. The mobile phone market has been strongly driven by the race towards higher resolution, aiming at reaching a DSC-like image quality for high-end smartphones. Omnivision, Samsung and Sony will continue to dominate this market due to their advanced technologies, large installed capacity and cost-optimized manufacturing machine.
Light sensors are also growing considerably at the moment. However, this market suffers from strong price erosion due to the low number of OEMs and a lack of innovative options. Combo sensors, long distance and gesture recognition are the three main ways to stabilize margins.
Key features of the report
- Strategy analysis of the mobile phone and tablet market
- Sensor fusion and sensor hub status, roadmap and applications
- Competitive landscape: market share, products split and evolution for each sensor
- Overview and synthesis of the MEMS in mobile phones and tablets market
- Detailed sensors applications, market metrics and dynamics, plus developments and future evolution: Inertial sensors, magnetometers and combos / Microphone and speakers / Pressure sensors and humidity sensors / BAW, RF-MEMS and silicon timing / Optical MEMS: micro mirrors, microdisplay,Autofocus, IR sensors / Emerging MEMS: Bio-chemical sensors, touchscreen, fuel cells, energy harvesting / Other sensors: CMOS image sensors, ALS, proximity sensors, fingerprint sensors
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction, definitions & methodology
- Executive summary
- Trends in the mobile phone and tablet market, plus market drivers
- Sensor fusion and sensor hub
- MEMS players competitive landscape
- MEMS in mobile phones/tablets: 2013-2019 market overview
- Inertial sensors, magnetometers
- MEMS microphones and speakers
- Pressure and humidity sensors
- BAW, RF-MEMS and silicon timing
- Optical MEMS: Mirrors, display, AF, IR
- Emerging MEMS for mobile devices
- Other sensors in mobile phones (Non-MEMS technologies)
- Conclusion and perspectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptqq5d/mems_and_sensors
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,948
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,731
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,592
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,170
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,134
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,933
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,112
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
Sep. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,448
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,016
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 318
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,919
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
Sep. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,134
Sep. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,746