|By Business Wire||
|June 26, 2014 12:09 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptqq5d/mems_and_sensors) has announced the addition of the "MEMS & Sensors for Mobile Phones and Tablets" report to their offering.
Competition between MEMS & Sensors players is fierce. How can new companies enter the fray and become successful?
In this report, you will discover more details about every MEMS & sensors device used in mobile phones and tablets.
Sensor fusion is the business's hottest topic!
Sensor hubs are now integrated in high volume: for example, Apple uses a sensor hub in the iPhone 5S. Sensor fusion valuation will increase in the next few years; Fairchild's acquisition of Xsens for $60M is the first example of such increase. Moreover, it will not be limited to basic function - data interpretation is also possible.
Different elements are required for sensor fusion, including MEMS, sensor hub, software, and low-power RF communication for transmission in some systems.
Sensor fusion could occur at different levels: in individual sensors, in sensor modules, in the sensor hub or in the application process. Yole Développement provides an in-depth analysis of these different possibilities and their value partitioning.
Sensor fusion can enable numerous new applications in mobile phones and tablets: indoor navigation, augmented reality applications and context awareness, which may enable an always-on sensor. This report provides detailed examples of these applications.
CMOS Image Sensors, ambient light sensors, proximity sensors, fingerprint sensors and biosensors : more sensor oppotunities for the mobile phones and tablets market !
We observed very strong growth for non-MEMS sensors, i.e. fingerprint sensors and CMOS image sensors.
The mobile phone market is by far the largest CIS application. In 2013, it represented 66% of the entire CMOS image sensor market in volume and 53% of total revenue. The mobile phone market has been strongly driven by the race towards higher resolution, aiming at reaching a DSC-like image quality for high-end smartphones. Omnivision, Samsung and Sony will continue to dominate this market due to their advanced technologies, large installed capacity and cost-optimized manufacturing machine.
Light sensors are also growing considerably at the moment. However, this market suffers from strong price erosion due to the low number of OEMs and a lack of innovative options. Combo sensors, long distance and gesture recognition are the three main ways to stabilize margins.
Key features of the report
- Strategy analysis of the mobile phone and tablet market
- Sensor fusion and sensor hub status, roadmap and applications
- Competitive landscape: market share, products split and evolution for each sensor
- Overview and synthesis of the MEMS in mobile phones and tablets market
- Detailed sensors applications, market metrics and dynamics, plus developments and future evolution: Inertial sensors, magnetometers and combos / Microphone and speakers / Pressure sensors and humidity sensors / BAW, RF-MEMS and silicon timing / Optical MEMS: micro mirrors, microdisplay,Autofocus, IR sensors / Emerging MEMS: Bio-chemical sensors, touchscreen, fuel cells, energy harvesting / Other sensors: CMOS image sensors, ALS, proximity sensors, fingerprint sensors
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction, definitions & methodology
- Executive summary
- Trends in the mobile phone and tablet market, plus market drivers
- Sensor fusion and sensor hub
- MEMS players competitive landscape
- MEMS in mobile phones/tablets: 2013-2019 market overview
- Inertial sensors, magnetometers
- MEMS microphones and speakers
- Pressure and humidity sensors
- BAW, RF-MEMS and silicon timing
- Optical MEMS: Mirrors, display, AF, IR
- Emerging MEMS for mobile devices
- Other sensors in mobile phones (Non-MEMS technologies)
- Conclusion and perspectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptqq5d/mems_and_sensors
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,060
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,241
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,203
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 267
Dec. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 502
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 904
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 971
Dec. 8, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,175
Dec. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 176
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 746
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 776
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,177
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 725
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 473
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,185